Black Crows on Conan last night

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Oct 29, 2008, 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Gawd these guys fell off my radar.  If you can catch this performance online--do it cuz it was a beauty!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

vespachick

I didn't see Conan last night, but I saw the Crows a couple of months ago for the first time and they were really awesome.
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

what did they play? i fell asleep!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Oh Josephine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPig0PhuYU8

VC, are you officially hooked to the live Black Crowes experience now?   :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

vespachick

Let's just say if they come to Portland I'm definitly going to buy a ticket.  But I probably would not make plans months ahead of time to fly to NYC to see them play on NYE, after I already spent a boatload of cash travelling to NYC to see them 6 months prior. ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

MMJ_fanatic

I will definitely catch their next trip through this neck of the woods.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

Let's just say if they come to Portland I'm definitly going to buy a ticket.  But I probably would not make plans months ahead of time to fly to NYC to see them play on NYE, after I already spent a boatload of cash travelling to NYC to see them 6 months prior. ;D

touche'   ;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ritchiem4812

Their newest album is awesome as hell. And their current tour is awesome as fuck.

Janet

I love this band.  They are stilll soooo good.   I saw the brothers Robinson a couple of years ago at the Fillmore doing an acoustic show.  It was really good.

Chris is just so dang cool...I'd totally like to roast a bowl with that dude.

Penny Lane

i saw Chris open up for Elvis Costello in Central Park on his first solo tour. BTW, if you guys don't have his 2 solo albums, GET THEM. (or at least the first one)  ***will always be one of the best live bands and one of the greatest american rock bands (if not THE greatest)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold99

I prefer their Glam rock days.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

tower

Saw them on their first tour when they were just hitting...very impressive.  A lot of people include them in the jamband category and I don't disagree but what makes that so?  
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

bold99

QuoteSaw them on their first tour when they were just hitting...very impressive.  A lot of people include them in the jamband category and I don't disagree but what makes that so?  

I would say they are very jamrockish....when they started it was a different time and they actually had "hits" and that is what made them popular but now they get more of the Deadish following...they do jam their songs out and do a lot of Dead/Band covers...Chris sings with Phil Lesh so it is hard not to put them in that category.  I don't know if I would say they are a straight up jamband but close.

tower

I suppose in much the same way MMJ is?
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

bold99

QuoteI suppose in much the same way MMJ is?
um I don't know about that, I think MMJ has gone into a little different direction, more diverse with the last few albums.  Crowes have pretty much stuck with the same style for the most part.  I guess early MMJ would be a better comparision.

tower

I didn't mean that they are similar in styles but that they both get props from the jamband crowd while neither really fit in the typical jamband mold.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

Jbones72

Saw them in NYC Monday night, was 4th time since they got back together! They closed the show with G.H. 's "I Dig Love"- I think was the only one near me who knew the song. I agree they and MMJ never really fully fit into the "jamband" mold, which is why they are 2 of my fav. bands!  The Dead and Phish never really did anything for me.