Main Menu

Minus the Bear

Started by tsdelahunt, Aug 09, 2008, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy way

I have been enjoying these guys from the get go. Very interesting time signatures, killer lyrics/vocals, top notch musicianship...out of Seattle. They're friends of ours and simply put...they just kill it!  8-)

Watcha think?

http://www.myspace.com/minusthebear

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

CC

love Planet of Ice, one of my favourite albums from last year.

they kick ass live too.

whyteand82nd

they definitely awesome, i loved planet of ice.. but I kinda get the feel that all their stuff kinda sounds the same. ya know?
4 Fav. bands: My morning Jacket
The Shins
Modest Mouse
The Mars Volta

easy way

Everyone's got their own view...I see them as having a signature sound, ya know? Highly Refined Pirates, Menos El Oso and Planet are all very different albums IMO. The tone of each album is a huge factor and the lyrical content really reflects the 'mood' of the band and their experiences. Also, Interpretationes el Oso is killer and not too many bands tweak their music like that.
Planet of Ice, to me, is the album that everyone is jumping on and that will open the door for the popularity growth of their previous efforts and the growing fanbase for future endeavors.
If interested, be sure to check out the EP's entitled:
'This is what i know about being gigantic' as well as
'They make beer commercials like this' ...
and if you don't already have it... the 4 track bonus disc for Planet of Ice. 'Electric Rainbow' is one of my new favorite tracks.
;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Be sure to give the new acoustic album a listen. 'Guns and Ammo' is available for a listen on their myspace page.

EvilGirl

I had not heard of them until a few weeks ago.  They came up on my last.fm recommendations.  I really liked them and added them to my library. Other bands recommended by last.fm that I find interesting are Black Angels, Comets on Fire, Third Eye Blind and Dead Meadow.  

Penny Lane

i saw them at bonnaroo--good stuff
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill