Main Menu

Dead Confederate

Started by admin, Dec 20, 2007, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

unfortunately I'm not there tonight. didn't get any sleep last night and worked on shitty concrete floor in shitty shoes all day. i'm wiped out. I will be catching them when they hit town in December, though. They'll be nice and road-worn by then, too.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TheBigChicken

Quoteunfortunately I'm not there tonight. didn't get any sleep last night and worked on shitty concrete floor in shitty shoes all day. i'm wiped out. I will be catching them when they hit town in December, though. They'll be nice and road-worn by then, too.
:-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

getinthevan

Quoteunfortunately I'm not there tonight. didn't get any sleep last night and worked on shitty concrete floor in shitty shoes all day. i'm wiped out. I will be catching them when they hit town in December, though. They'll be nice and road-worn by then, too.

Aw, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully the rest did you some good though.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

MarkW

Just been listening on Myspace.   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

EDIT: Ordered the album.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

IHL

Me too.

Have just ordered the EP for a very reasonable price.

Hope they come to London / UK soon.

tenn

They're going to be on Conan Oct. 10th! I ordered the new CD this week, hoping it arrives before Monday nights show.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteThey're going to be on Conan Oct. 10th! I ordered the new CD this week, hoping it arrives before Monday nights show.

just put it on my calendar. thank you
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

mjkoehler

Jackfuckingpot!!!!! I have the "OK" to go.

Dave, Tenn? Plans?

tenn

QuoteJackfuckingpot!!!!! I have the "OK" to go.

Dave, Tenn? Plans?

I'm definitely going but I'm unsure on the time of the show. Dead Confederate's myspace says they play from 7:45 - 8:45 and RFT says the show starts at 8:30.? Anyway I'll be there half an hour or so before the show .. whenever that is.

mjkoehler

QuoteJackfuckingpot!!!!! I have the "OK" to go.

Dave, Tenn? Plans?

I'm definitely going but I'm unsure on the time of the show. Dead Confederate's myspace says they play from 7:45 - 8:45 and RFT says the show starts at 8:30.? Anyway I'll be there half an hour or so before the show .. whenever that is.
Bluebird's site says doors at 8. I plan to call them tomorrow to verify.

BH

Sweet!  I'm in.  I may not get there until about 9.  E-mail coming your way Mike.

This morning on the way to work I was thinking that Goner/It is a Rose might be one of the best back to back Rock and Roll combos ever!  I was a bit skeptical at first but I love this album.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

Bad ass!

There was a $20 in the wallet this AM. Apparently that conterfeit press was up and running overnight!

buaawwww

These guys are playing the Mercury Lounge in NYC on 10/9, with 3 other bands on the bill.  Funny thing is these guys are the third band and the headliner is "Catfish Haven"?  Anyone heard of them?

getinthevan

Yeah, Catfish Haven opened for MMJ in Chicago '06.  I thought they were good but not great.

buaawwww

QuoteYeah, Catfish Haven opened for MMJ in Chicago '06.  I thought they were good but not great.

Ah OK, interesting.  The whole bill is:

Catfish Haven 10:30
Dead Confederate 9:30
Kuroma 8:30
Mean Creek 7:30
Thu 10/9

The show is just 10 bucks... might have to check it out.

getinthevan

For $10 I'd be all over that.

mjkoehler

I wasn't overly impressed with Catfish.

BH

QuoteI wasn't overly impressed with Catfish.

Me neither, what was the name of the first band last night?  Do you remember?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

Catfish aren't bad. They've got a nice barroom sound, otherwise a bit average.

But really. CONAN??? Do you realize how big these guys have made it? This could be their OBH moment!
In another time, in another place, in another face

mjkoehler

QuoteI wasn't overly impressed with Catfish.

Me neither, what was the name of the first band last night?  Do you remember?
You mean the ones that looked like they just came from the St Louis Stock Exchange