Main Menu

Dead Confederate

Started by admin, Dec 20, 2007, 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenn

QuoteI wasn't overly impressed with Catfish.

Me neither, what was the name of the first band last night?  Do you remember?
It was Jon Hardy & the Public.

I wish DC's set was longer but considering the lack of crowd I'm just glad they played. If I'd have thought of it I would have shot Beatle Bob a message to show up.
Hopefully they will come back and have a proper audience although I wouldn't blame them if they didn't  :-[  I do think Conan will open up alot of doors for them...  that is I think Europe will love them.

mjkoehler

Quote I do think Conan will open up alot of doors for them...  that is I think Europe will love them.
Yep. Another US band that no one in the US knows. Kinda sad.

Glad you made it home okay BTW.

Love Dogg

QuoteThese guys are playing the Mercury Lounge in NYC on 10/9, with 3 other bands on the bill.  Funny thing is these guys are the third band and the headliner is "Catfish Haven"?  Anyone heard of them?

Catfish Haven are one of my favorite bands.  The singer, George Hunter has a very soulful voice, a blend of Gregg Allman, Ray Lamontagne, Joe Cocker, Richard Manuel, with a little Ronnie Van Zant...just a little.  They rock pretty well and their last cd, Tell Me is awesome start to finish.  I've seen them twice this year and haven't been disappointed.  Once, with George on acoustic with a couple of doo-wop singers and another time with George on electric the whole time.  Miguel is the bass player and he's a very wirey fella who brings a lot of energy to the stage.  I promise you'll love them...I promise.

I would give anything to go see Catfish Haven and Dead Confederate at a MMJ Aftershow Party...well almost anything.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

easy way

***bump***

Conan O'Brien tonight...tune in and report back. Thanks for your support.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

getinthevan

On the information box from our able provider, all the it says is, "Dead Confederates perform".  Nothing about any other guests, just the band.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy way

QuoteOn the information box from our able provider, all the it says is, "Dead Confederates perform".  Nothing about any other guests, just the band.  

Yeah, they're just that good... ;) Let's see if Conan gets as excited about them as he did about MMJ on the OBH appearance. He was pumped.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

getinthevan

QuoteOn the information box from our able provider, all the it says is, "Dead Confederates perform".  Nothing about any other guests, just the band.  

Yeah, they're just that good... ;) Let's see if Conan gets as excited about them as he did about MMJ on the OBH appearance. He was pumped.

I've never seen Conan that excited about any other performance.  

The singer looks like Edward Furlong and I have a telecaster that looks just like that, weird.

The other guitar player fell down at the end of the song, the keyboard player laughed and turned to see if he was ok, then Conan made a joke about it.  Not sure what song it was.  Honestly, I wasn't all that impressed.  
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy way

Fuck Yeah!!! I'm so proud of those guys...they've come a long way since the 'Redbelly' days. Tearin' up 'The Rat' on Conan...nice!

***So, Walker took a spill over one of the monitors at the end of the performance. Good thing the stage is floor level. Careful up there guys...that goes for all of ya!

tenn

Two alarms and I still slept through Conan  :( Guess it'll be up tomorrow on the Nbc site.

mjkoehler

Crap, I passed out on the couch with a beer in hand and missed this. So it was the Rat eh? Nice.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

easy way

QuoteThis is a must see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAH6l5ZIK4

That it is...haunting.

sweatboard

QuoteThis is a must see....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EAH6l5ZIK4

That it is...haunting.

Yep, I like how the lights come in while he sings..."this we've encountered, is it a flower, is it pretty, is it a rose?"

sweatboard

sweatboard

float your judgements off to never be seen.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsMFSnkXoeg

Bag and Burn...Bang, Bang!!!!

easy way

I'm diggin' on your enthusiasm Sweatboard. Get 'Wrecked' by
D E A D  C O N F E D E R A T E ! ! !  :o

mjkoehler

...Rose is pretty badass live. At one point, I looked over at BH when we saw them and I thought he was about to spurt.

BH

Quote...Rose is pretty badass live. At one point, I looked over at BH when we saw them and I thought he was about to spurt.

;D  

I was going to tell you that Goner could have been the perfect theme song for your road trip to Chicago to see MMJ when your wife was out of town.

I will be GONE!  You will never KNOW!  ;D

I missed Conan.  Dammit, I need to start tying strings around my finger again like in first grade.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjkoehler

That would have been the perfect song. I still was gone though. Way to gone both nights and now I'm sitting here like the night of the living dead at work.

tenn

The Conan episode is up:http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O%27Brien/video/episodes/#vid=745581

"We had to shorten "The Rat" from 5 + minutes down to less than 4, which was challenging. Reworking a song the day of a show (when you've played it pretty much the same way for 2 years) was a bit unnerving. I think we got through it okay though."
taken from  here

http://deadconfederate.typepad.com/