Main Menu

CCR

Started by dragonboy, May 28, 2008, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI love CCR. They were my Dad's favorite band. I have fond memories of him picking me and my friends up from ball games, school, anywhere, and he would crank up CCR and watch the slightly revolted looks of idotic tweeners who weren't ready for the power of the Revival.

Sorry DB, still haven't heard from my big bro.

Someone else loves CCR. Check out the end of track 10 and certainly all of track 11.

http://www.archive.org/details/WF2007-01-19.nashville
Dude,Wax Fang played Locomotion NYE @ the Fillmore in cheerleader outfits(skirts included/pompoms too)Remember thinking what the fuck,and they blew the roof off of that sucka...I really kept thinking .....I hope MMJ show up ready to play.....First show....didn't know....but your right their cover of Locomotion is SHIT HOT
Wax Fang is shit hot. Dammit, I wish they would reschedule their St Louis show.

Back on Point. DB, I say go for it. Sound wise has to be better then the individual discs. Plus that box is sweet.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ritchiem4812

CCR's album were just remastered and reissued and released in the past month and they sound freaking great!!

Taxman

They've included some interesting bonustracks as well, like a couple of live songs and studio jams with Booker T. & the MG's.
Which kinda sucks, because I've recently bought all the albums.
The old ones should make nice christmas presents... ;)
I'm not trying to be mysterious about it, it's just that what I do is tough to explain.
-Macgyver

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

That's Tom there on the left, right?  ;)

dragonboy

purvis9876

QuoteThat's Tom there on the left, right?  ;)

Shockingly similar!
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

dragonboy

Brilliant!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pawpaw

QuoteI love CCR. They were my Dad's favorite band. I have fond memories of him picking me and my friends up from ball games, school, anywhere, and he would crank up CCR and watch the slightly revolted looks of idotic tweeners who weren't ready for the power of the Revival.

Someone else loves CCR. Check out the end of track 10 and certainly all of track 11.

Dude,Wax Fang played Locomotion NYE @ the Fillmore in cheerleader outfits(skirts included/pompoms too)Remember thinking what the fuck,and they blew the roof off of that sucka...I really kept thinking .....I hope MMJ show up ready to play.....First show....didn't know....but your right their cover of Locomotion is SHIT HOT

I've got a live recording of CCR at the (first time 'round) closing of the Fillmore, which is FUCKING BAD ASS! They do Locomotion, and it is [size=24]FUCKIN' SHIT HOT!!![/size]

CCR is a great band. East Bay represent!!! CCR, Green Day, and Too Short!!!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TheBigChicken

I've got a live recording of CCR at the (first time 'round) closing of the Fillmore, which is FUCKING BAD ASS! They do Locomotion, and it is [size=24]FUCKIN' SHIT HOT!!![/size]

CCR is a great band. East Bay represent!!! CCR, Green Day, and Too Short!!!
No love for Tower of Power.....sending you a disc tomorrow entitled nonetheless "East Bay Grease" 8-) ahhhhh ::)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

pawpaw

Oh yeah, Tower Of Power is the shit!

SF gets all the love, with Sly & the Family Stone, Grateful Dead, Metallica, all the heavy hitters. But look at all the bad asses from the East Bay...

Primus
Operation Ivy
Digital Underground
DJ Shadow
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

...and the original superfly homeboy from da Oaktown, [size=16]MC HAMMER[/size]  8-)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

dragonboy

QuoteUncanny!

I need to bump this post! Classic  ;D