Main Menu

CCR

Started by dragonboy, May 28, 2008, 09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonboy

...the 6CD Box Set?

http://www.amazon.com/Creedence-Clearwater-Revival/dp/B00005OM4K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1211976419&sr=1-4

The sound on the CDs I have is terrible & I want to update my collection.
I'd like to buy the above boxset but am unsure having read some of the reviews on amazon that suggest the remastered sound isn't that good.

I appreciate that this thread won't get too many replies so feel free to talk about how much you love the band, fav albums, songs etc  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

QuoteI appreciate that this thread won't get too many replies so feel free to talk about how much you love this band, fav albums, songs etc
+ quote the Big L to your hearts content  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

My big bro has it, but I've never listened to hit. I'll email him to find out. He's a high end stereo nut so he'll know if it sounds like crappola.

Goat Boy

Just get the original vinyl man  8-)

I don't know about the sound as I have the crappy old cd masters.  Great band though.  Cosmos factory would be my fave (yes, even I Heard It Thrpugh The Grapevine - dig that guitar tone!)  That opening track Ramble Tamble is an absolute MOTHER of a track.  It could be their finest moment.  Or would that Who'll Stop The Rain?  Or Green River?  Perhaps Run Through The Jungle?  You get the idea.  If somebody like Fogerty appeared today writing songs like that he'd be fucking worshipped in AWE.

dragonboy

Cheers MJ!

Goatboy, Cosmo's is def my fav too. Nothing wrong with Heard it Through the Grapevine...excellent cover version!!!

Can't choose a fav track...a top10 off the top of my head in no particular order?

Lookin' Out My Back Door
Run Through The Jungle
Who'll Stop The Rain
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Long As I Can See The Light
Bad Moon Rising
Down On The Corner
Have You Ever Seen The Rain
Fortunate Son
Proud Mary

No doubt I've forgotten a few...

joey_rogo

Dont have the 6cd set but I do have the 3cd set '24 carat', and I'd say the quality on that is pretty good.

and yes goat boy, ramble tamble is a mother :o

Hawkeye

My friend has it.  Sounded fine to me!  Gotta love CCR
We could.

Love Dogg

Pagaen Baby is a RAGER!  SUPER bad ass!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

ycartrob

I love just about all CCR, some times more than others.

However, there's 1 very underrated and overlooked CCR song:

Someday Never Comes

dragonboy

Turns out there's another box set available:
http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Originals-Creedence-Clearwater-Revival/dp/B000ENUKQM/ref=sr_1_50?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1212019713&sr=1-50

The CD's are 5.1 SACD mix, which is great...the $300 price tag isn't  ;)

Clarkwork

QuoteI love just about all CCR, some times more than others.

However, there's 1 very underrated and overlooked CCR song:

Someday Never Comes

One of my all time favorite bands and this is one of my favorite songs.  John Fogerty is amazing.  I bought this box set for my dad and he loves it, but even he still spins the vinyl instead.  I could go on and on about how much I love this band but i'll stop now.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

mjkoehler

I love CCR. They were my Dad's favorite band. I have fond memories of him picking me and my friends up from ball games, school, anywhere, and he would crank up CCR and watch the slightly revolted looks of idotic tweeners who weren't ready for the power of the Revival.

Sorry DB, still haven't heard from my big bro.

Someone else loves CCR. Check out the end of track 10 and certainly all of track 11.

http://www.archive.org/details/WF2007-01-19.nashville

dragonboy

QuoteSorry DB, still haven't heard from my big bro.
No worries Mike, thanks for helping out!
I went ahead & ordered it anyway. It's down from $60 to $42 so I thought f**k it! It won't ship for another couple of weeks so I can still cancel but Seamus thinks the sound is OK so that's cool.

Nothing can be worse than the CDs I already have...with most CDs I play the volume somewhere between 15 ~ 20 on my home theater, with the CCR CDs I have to turn them up to 25 ~ 30 to get the same kind of sound  :-/

TheBigChicken

Don't have the bow set but all of the cd's...from cosmos to willie and the poor boys to green river to bayou country...the heck with box sets...get all of their stuff..who knows you might even like a few songs left off the box set....just my opinion..These cats came out with 2 albums in one year :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :oAny love for Stu Cook or Doug Clifford....you know the OTHER half of CCR ;)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

dragonboy

I already have all of their studio albums.
The box set consists of all of their studio albums + unreleased live material & early work as The Golliwogs that can't be bought elsewhere so in this case hooray for boxsets!!! (if the remastered sound is good)

mjkoehler

My brother does not have it but has heard it and said the sound isn't that great, but a little better then the albums.

Angry Ewok

I freakin' LOVE Creedence Clearwater... I blast the discography very often.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

QuoteMy brother does not have it but has heard it and said the sound isn't that great, but a little better then the albums.
Thanks MJ! Hmm, what to do?  

TheBigChicken

QuoteI love CCR. They were my Dad's favorite band. I have fond memories of him picking me and my friends up from ball games, school, anywhere, and he would crank up CCR and watch the slightly revolted looks of idotic tweeners who weren't ready for the power of the Revival.

Sorry DB, still haven't heard from my big bro.

Someone else loves CCR. Check out the end of track 10 and certainly all of track 11.

http://www.archive.org/details/WF2007-01-19.nashville
Dude,Wax Fang played Locomotion NYE @ the Fillmore in cheerleader outfits(skirts included/pompoms too)Remember thinking what the fuck,and they blew the roof off of that sucka...I really kept thinking .....I hope MMJ show up ready to play.....First show....didn't know....but your right their cover of Locomotion is SHIT HOT
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

wolof

As Long as i can see the light blows my mind grapes all over the nightime sky. That song is so triumphant.