Booker T, Drive-By Truckers and Neil Young.

Started by bold99, Nov 25, 2008, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

"Green Onions" soul guru Booker T. Jones is at work on a new album that finds Neil Young and the Drive-By Truckers backing him. This is Jones' first solo album in 20 years and is expected to hit shelves in early 2009. At this point details are sketchy, some reports claiming the album to be all instrumental while other sources suggest they are looking for guest vocalists.

This isn't the first time Young and Jones have worked together. In 2002, Booker T. + The MGs served as Young's band on his Are You Passionate album, and now Young is returning the favor
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

TheBigChicken

Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, and the late great Al Jackson Jr (RIP). This could be REAL nice 8-)  Saw them in ATL back in early 90's with Jason and the Scorchers, Fabulous Thunderbirds, at MacDill airforce base..... :o 8-)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bold99

QuoteSteve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn, and the late great Al Jackson Jr (RIP). This could be REAL nice 8-)  Saw them in ATL back in early 90's with Jason and the Scorchers, Fabulous Thunderbirds, at MacDill airforce base..... :o 8-)

Booker T and the MG's are one of the greatest bands ever.  I got to see them in Memphis a few years ago and they still rock.  
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Grateful Chabo

QuoteThis record is going to be insane.

i know....im SUPER pumped about it :D
"Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul."