Which Bruce Album is Best?

Started by The_Big_Come_Up, May 26, 2008, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjmmj86

Nebraska. Very sparse... I wish he would do more stuff like it.

IHL

Try and get hold of some of the live recordings from the Darkness tour in '78. Probably some of the best stuff Springsteen has ever done live.

Winterland Night, San Francisco, CA - 12/15/78
Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ - 09/19/78
Roxy, Los Angeles, CA - 07/07/78

Available here:

www.springsteenliveinconcert.com

Essential for Boss fans

MMJ_fanatic

Tie for me--Darkness and Born to Run
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

ycartrob

Days_of_49

Darkness is the only Bruce album I own.
What does that mean?
Probably nothing!  :-?  

DaFunkyPrecedent

i only own Nebraska and LOVE it -

where should i go next?
God damn those shaky knees.

buaawwww

My God... "Born To Run" without question for me!  "Darkness" is most definitely right up there too... but I still get chills everytime I listen to the "Meeting across the River > Jungleland"... wow.

dragonboy

New album in January:

Bruce Springsteen's new album, Working on a Dream, will be released on January 26, 2009.

Recorded with the E Street Band and featuring 12 original Boss songs plus two new bonus tracks, the follow up to last year's Magic was produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien.

Springsteen: "Towards the end of recording Magic, excited by the return to pop production sounds, I continued writing. When my friend producer Brendan O'Brien heard the new songs, he said, 'Let's keep going. Over the course of the next year, that's just what we did, recording with the E Street Band during the breaks on last year's tour. I hope Working on a Dream has caught the energy of the band fresh off the road from some of the most exciting shows we've ever done. All the songs were written quickly, we usually used one of our first few takes, and we all had a blast making this one from beginning to end."

The tracklisting looks like this:

1. Outlaw Pete
2. My Lucky Day
3. Working on a Dream
4. Queen of the Supermarket
5. What Love Can Do
6. This Life
7. Good Eye
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
9. Life Itself
10. Kingdom of Days
11. Surprise, Surprise
12. The Last Carnival

Bonus tracks:

The Wrestler
A Night with the Jersey Devil
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

aMillionDreams

I missed this thread the first time around:

Nebraska.

Although I suggest everyone get their hands on a good bootleg from sometime in the 77-79 era.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jbones72

QuoteNew album in January:

Bruce Springsteen's new album, Working on a Dream, will be released on January 26, 2009.

Recorded with the E Street Band and featuring 12 original Boss songs plus two new bonus tracks, the follow up to last year's Magic was produced and mixed by Brendan O'Brien.

Springsteen: "Towards the end of recording Magic, excited by the return to pop production sounds, I continued writing. When my friend producer Brendan O'Brien heard the new songs, he said, 'Let's keep going. Over the course of the next year, that's just what we did, recording with the E Street Band during the breaks on last year's tour. I hope Working on a Dream has caught the energy of the band fresh off the road from some of the most exciting shows we've ever done. All the songs were written quickly, we usually used one of our first few takes, and we all had a blast making this one from beginning to end."

1. Outlaw Pete
2. My Lucky Day
3. Working on a Dream
5. What Love Can Do
6. This Life
7. Good Eye
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
9. Life Itself
10. Kingdom of Days
11. Surprise, Surprise
12. The Last Carnival

Bonus tracks:

The Wrestler

I wonder if Danny Federici played on any of this before he passed away?

easy way

I'd rather talk about Col. Bruce  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

Killgies

QuoteNebraska. I'm not a huge Bruce fan but I really like this album.

Since my orginal post I've become a bigger fan of Bruce.  Born to Run and Darkness are both amazing Albums.  Funny how long it has taken me to get these albums.

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lasvegas

QuoteNew album in January:

1. Outlaw Pete
2. My Lucky Day
3. Working on a Dream
5. What Love Can Do
6. This Life
7. Good Eye
8. Tomorrow Never Knows
9. Life Itself
10. Kingdom of Days
11. Surprise, Surprise
12. The Last Carnival

Bonus tracks:

The Wrestler

some footage from the studio:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNX64B63Zw

ps - 'born to run' is a timeless classic.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?