Black Crowes Announce New Album!!

Started by ChiefCrowe, Nov 27, 2007, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteHey Dave, you notice the Crowes are playing Busch Stadium with Dave Matthews on 6/7! When did they start doing shows at the Ballpark again  :-/

NO!  Where did you see that?    That's not what I wanted.  The sound will suck and, nothing against Dave, but the tickets will probably cost a fortune.
Pollstar. I thought it was odd and I cannot think of what is so special about 6/7.

Penny Lane

wow! strong album!  Walk Believer Walk is so hot, so bluesy. I agree about Locust Street--pretty song.  My co-worker just walked by and said 'oh are they still around?' is that annoying or what? That's worse than those people who buy the NOW mixes.

i think Gomez are opening up for the other DMB gigs.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

biscuitbobo

was completely ready to be let down (hence last two albums), but have listened to warpaint repeatedly since i got it yesterday....w/out a doubt a fitting pickup to where tsaoc left off...aside from the single/first song (a johnny coug mellonhead song backed by the tuesday night music club), this is exciting to hear..again, that song shouldn't be on the album and doesn't fit at all....anyway, the crowes are back, bitches.......should be a good year with evil urges, warpaint and album of the year, "all you need to sleep". ;) ;)
[url="//www.myspace.com/thehellsayers"]www.myspace.com/thehellsayers[/url]

Penny Lane

i love it that chris robinson is the only rocker who can pull of a song like 'god's got it' lol...he's like a rock god/preacher.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Can you hear the sunrise cryin'?

Sounds damn good on a sunny day with windows rolled down.

Hey, db, did you get this yet?   Is there an extra track on the Japanese version?  How come Japan gets all the bonus songs?  Seriously, what's the strategy there?  Anyone?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ChiefOKONO

from what i've heard, in Japan imports from the US are actually cheaper so they put bonuses to get them to buy the Japanese versions.

QuoteCan you hear the sunrise cryin'?

Sounds damn good on a sunny day with windows rolled down.

Hey, db, did you get this yet?   Is there an extra track on the Japanese version?  How come Japan gets all the bonus songs?  Seriously, what's the strategy there?  Anyone?

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Brand new Black Crows Unplugged on "MHD" tonight at midnight!!!  They are doing songs off the new record, which is totally awesome by the way.

It's an HD channel, I hope you get it........

VH-1 is premiering the (60 minute) cut of THE BLACK CROWES UNPLUGGED on MHD this Saturday, March 15th at 9pm, and re-airing it at midnight as well as 4:30pm, Sunday, March 16th.

THE BLACK CROWES UNPLUGGED DATE TIME
Saturday 03/15/2008 9:00PM
Saturday 03/15/2008 MIDNIGHT
Sunday 03/16/2008 4:30PM
There's Still Time.........

BH

QuoteBrand new Black Crows Unplugged on "MHD" tonight at midnight!!!  They are doing songs off the new record, which is totally awesome by the way.

It's an HD channel, I hope you get it........

VH-1 is premiering the (60 minute) cut of THE BLACK CROWES UNPLUGGED on MHD this Saturday, March 15th at 9pm, and re-airing it at midnight as well as 4:30pm, Sunday, March 16th.

THE BLACK CROWES UNPLUGGED DATE TIME
Saturday 03/15/2008 9:00PM
Saturday 03/15/2008 MIDNIGHT
Sunday 03/16/2008 4:30PM

Nice, thanks for the heads up.  Unfortunately I don't have HD yet.  However my tv shot craps yesterday so I will soon!  Hopefully they re-run it in the future.  Let me know how it is, would ya?

dragonboy

QuoteHey, db, did you get this yet?   Is there an extra track on the Japanese version?  How come Japan gets all the bonus songs?  Seriously, what's the strategy there?  Anyone?
Don't have it yet but it's on the list.

Japanese CDs have an extra inlay card/sheet. 9 times out of 10 these have a short biography of some kind/recording info + lyrics (even if the original US/UK version doesn't) hence the higher cost & I guess that's why the Japanese format has an extra track or two, to compensate. It's usually just a remix or live version of one of the existing tracks but sometimes you get lucky & strike gold with a couple of exclusive tracks  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

db, thanks!  I think you will like the new album.  I'm really starting to fall in love with it.

Brian, right after I posted a reply to you last night, I got on charter.net and had them add the HD service.   I wasn't expecting the HD channels to work until I got my new tv but they did so I recorded the Crowes unplugged!  The channel was only SD (shitty definition) but it was excellent.  Daughter's of the Revolution was my least favorite new song, but the unplugged version was spectacular!  They also did Locust Street, Walk Believer Walk, Sting Me, Wiser Time, Soul Singin', and a few others I can't think of right now.  Hopefully this turns up somewhere for the masses eventually.

dragonboy

Thanks BH  :)

Good(ish) reviews in the UK press 3/5 in Mojo & Uncut + an exclusive interview/article in this months Mojo (Rolling Stones on the cover)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

JacketGal

A very kind amorican person dl'd the songs in HD - no video yet. You can get them here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OPF6S16E

I'm loving warpaint!   :D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

BH

QuoteA very kind amorican person dl'd the songs in HD - no video yet. You can get them here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OPF6S16E

I'm loving warpaint!   :D

Sweet!  Thanks jacketgirl!

BH

THE BLACK CROWES
CABIN FEVER WINTER 2009

The Black Crowes cordially invite you to be a part of their next album of
all original material that will be recorded LIVE in front of all
Amoricans and cosmic cuties who wish to attend.
This event will take place over four very special evenings
at Levon Helm's Barn in Woodstock, N.Y.

Come be a part of this unique experiment with The Black Crowes on:

Saturday, February 21st, 2009 & Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 28th, 2009 & Sunday, March 1st, 2009
Doors at 7pm/ Show at 8pm
*Levon Helm is not scheduled to perform at these shows.

SORRY, All CABIN FEVER SHOWS ARE SOLD OUT!!

ritchiem4812

QuoteTHE BLACK CROWES
CABIN FEVER WINTER 2009

Fuckin' A!! I was just listening to some live Black Crowes from 12-18-08. Great show!

Kenny76

ahhhh sold out!

looking forward to the album though.

Jbones72

QuoteTHE BLACK CROWES
CABIN FEVER WINTER 2009

GREAT to hear a new album coming out soon, I just got a copy of the Japan version of Warpaint with the extra track.  Hope the boys come down and play in NYC again soon, they were fantastic in October!!

Checked ebay and no tickets are for sale for these shows so at least real fans are going!