Main Menu

Sam Roberts Band

Started by rocknrollkat, Jan 07, 2009, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnrkat

If you get a chance check out The Sam Roberts Band...they are now on tour and I saw them in 2006 at Bonnaroo I believe their set was before MMJ & I loved them. Just good ole rock n roll! I'm going to see them in Philly & Chicago.......

Jaimoe

Sam Roberts is fairly big in Canada, but he hasn't broke out in the States other than the indie college circuit. He used to be a bit of a folkie, but I'd say he leans more towards power-pop nowadays. He needs to throw in a few solos, but I generally like his music.

rnrkat

Sam Roberts has a new album out which I haven't heard yet but I do love Chemical City & We Were Born in a Flame albums...lots of guitar solo's on both of those two albums.
the two venues that I am seeing him in are tiny so that's good for me, however i think your right about the band being big in Canada and not here in the states....hopefully that will change for them!

Jaimoe

QuoteSam Roberts has a new album out which I haven't heard yet but I do love Chemical City & We Were Born in a Flame albums...lots of guitar solo's on both of those two albums.
the two venues that I am seeing him in are tiny so that's good for me, however i think your right about the band being big in Canada and not here in the states....hopefully that will change for them!

Sam isn't quite a house-hold name in Canada, but he's got a good following. He's from Montreal and that music scene is huge: see Arcade Fire, The Dears, Wolf Parade and The Stills. Look out for folk singer Patrick watson too. He's incredible, in a Nick Drake, Iron and Wine kind of way.

Agent Cooper

I love this band! They are coming to Detroit in February and I am super stoked to check them out. I have liked them a long time but never seen them live. I didn't really like Chemical City much...but I love all their other albums. I haven't picked up Love At The End Of The World yet, but very soon indeed. I do enjoy their videos too. Can't wait!