To buy the super deluxe reissue of PJ's Ten or not

Started by MMJ_fanatic, Dec 16, 2008, 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny76

QuoteSo in the end, politics aside, I will not be purchasing the set.  I've spent so much money on these guys already, I just don't have the urge to stay as engaged as I was and send them that much money.  

See you all in Chicago this weekend!

Like you, I'm also primarily a live PJ listener...such that if someone asks me my favorite PJ record, I'd much rather name a favorite show (12.2.06)   ;)

that must be one of the Hawaii shows.  haven't heard either one yet.  that's what the future is for.

i recently discovered 4/3/03 - Oklahoma City.  opens with a gorgeous Long Road and then kicks into a rippin Grievance (listen to Mike at the end).  great sound quality and performances throughout, especially Deep.  Eddie also gives a hilarious speech about the word "fuck".

Bob Loblaw

I was at the OKC show!  It was a great one.  My Ten Club seats put me about 8 rows back on Mike's side.

weeniebeenie

QuoteI was at the OKC show!  It was a great one.  My Ten Club seats put me about 8 rows back on Mike's side.
Noice!!! My 10C number probably wouldn't get me seats that good.
How loud can silence get?

Janet

There is no way I won't be getting this!  Of course, I am a die hard PJ fan.  

I'm surprised by a previous comment that their music is no longer inspiring.  I thought their latest release was absolutely phenomenal.

nickdavies7

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan, andI will deifinately buy all 4 versions.
Pearl Jam have the knack to make you desire any release. Not becuase of the packaging but because there is sentimental value within.
But that album is in need of a remastering, so to other grunge albums like soundgarden ultramega ok

I just can't wait until the Vs. re-issue...
Signatures are over rated

knotcameloose

I don't think this was in here before and I think it's an interesting discussion.

The band just shut down their old message board to open a new version with lots of bells and whistles...but it's only for members of the fan club, which costs US residents $20 a year.

can you imagine?

Kenny76

QuoteI don't think this was in here before and I think it's an interesting discussion.

The band just shut down their old message board to open a new version with lots of bells and whistles...but it's only for members of the fan club, which costs US residents $20 a year.

can you imagine?

it's disappointing.  i've logged over 7500 posts on their old message pit (today is it's last day before going to read-only!!) and there are others who are regulars there, and who have posted even more than I have, but are not Ten Club members, and so they won't be on the new message pit.   it's quite sad!  i've known some of these people for 4 or 5 years, and have met some of them in person, but even if I haven't I feel I know them very well.  it's like the end of an era.  

nickdavies7

that kinda sucks about the forum.
i will have to continue my ten club membership coz they will probably tour oz in the next xouple of years.

Kenny76

Quotethat kinda sucks about the forum.
i will have to continue my ten club membership coz they will probably tour oz in the next xouple of years.

the tickets are the #1 reason I'm in Ten Club for good.  they tour a lot around my neck of the woods.  I joined in 2004 in Jan (I'actually gotta remember to renew before the 23rd) and I wish I had done so earlier. i've been a fan since '92, but it was until '03 that I realized I need to see more PJ shows.  But despite my lack of seniority, I get pretty good tickets.  In Quebec City, I was in the 11th row.  I'm glad I picked that show over Montreal.  It was worth the extra trip for better seats.  Plus, QC is a beautiful place to visit!  The Quebec fans were a trip!  Such energy!  Even the douchebags were charming.

weeniebeenie

QuoteI don't think this was in here before and I think it's an interesting discussion.

can you imagine?

it's disappointing.  i've logged over 7500 posts on their old message pit (today is it's last day before going to read-only!!) and there are others who are regulars there, and who have posted even more than I have, but are not Ten Club members, and so they won't be on the new message pit.   it's quite sad!  i've known some of these people for 4 or 5 years, and have met some of them in person, but even if I haven't I feel I know them very well.  it's like the end of an era.  

I miss the old message pit!
The new one's toooo confusing.

nickdavies7

I never posted there, anyone got the link to the new one? i wouldn't mind checking it out.

weeniebeenie

ALady

I would love to know why the Pit is going members-only.  I thought it could be for financial reasons...you know, bandwidth, outrageous mod salaries...   ;)  ...but who really knows.  There's a post by the mods that seems to suggest it's a move to keep out trolls and prevent cliquish behavior, but I don't think 10c members are any less prone to bad netiquette than the general population.

I loved the old Pit, and met so many great people through that board.  Pearl Jam is the band that really got me out on the road and touring and meeting other music-obsessed people, and I probably wouldn't have met half of them without sussing them out on the Pit first   ;D  Ah well.  RIP, Pit!

I first joined 10c back in 1993 (when you still had to mail it in!) but didn't keep up with it, so my new (circa 2003) 10c number sucks.  It's been useful for ordering things in the presales, I guess.  I've never really used it for tickets, I usually just go with a friend who has a decent number.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires