Main Menu

The Dead 2009

Started by Bigsky, Jan 14, 2009, 01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

I am a huge Dead fan or I should say Grateful Dead Fan. The Dead is still the nearest thing I'll ever get to the GD. I saw The Dead a couple of years ago and it was sweet, so when they announced their 2009 tour I got super excited.

BUT WTF WITH THE TICKET PRICES? $69-$89-$95 is way too much. >:( I'm sure Jerry is not to happy about this one.

Instead of spending this money on The Dead, I will be spending it on Phish and all the MMJ shows I can get to.

Jaimoe

I'd rather see Phil & Friends.

bold99

QuoteI'd rather see Phil & Friends.

I'm going to try and see this version of the Dead but I actually really agree with this.  Phil's bands are so diverse, you get a lot of different musicians, and he reworks some of the songs and makes it feel fresh and new.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Jaimoe

QuoteI'd rather see Phil & Friends.

I'm going to try and see this version of the Dead but I actually really agree with this.  Phil's bands are so diverse, you get a lot of different musicians, and he reworks some of the songs and makes it feel fresh and new.

Exactly. He's a progressive thinker and you don't feel like going to a Phil concert is a cash-grab nostalgia act.

capt. scotty

Instead of spending this money on The Dead, I will be spending it on Phish and all the MMJ shows I can get to.

good posting
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ritchiem4812

How much are tickets to Phil or Ratdog shows usually?

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

QuoteHow much are tickets to Phil or Ratdog shows usually?

I've seen Phil for decent prices.  Usually around $40-50....depending on the venue.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

el_chode

I thought this was sort of interesting/funny/something

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/01/15/barack-obama-selects-the-dead-for-inauguration-ball-it-was-quite-an-honor/

The Dead were chosen by Obama to play at the inauguration ball
I'm surrounded by assholes

capt. scotty

QuoteI thought this was sort of interesting/funny/something

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/01/15/barack-obama-selects-the-dead-for-inauguration-ball-it-was-quite-an-honor/

The Dead were chosen by Obama to play at the inauguration ball

Obama likes the Ganj fo sho
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons