Main Menu

Reigning Sound

Started by el_chode, Jan 22, 2009, 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

They're touring again. I don't know where besides South Paw (Brooklyn) and Maxwells (Hoboken). I don't even know if they have a real website yet. Actually, I just checked, they don't have anything updated in the past few months at least.

I've seen them probably 4 or 5 times, each time is a different show, each time they put on one of the best concerts I've seen.

For the uninitiated, google their name and dig some songs. Or take my recommendations on "Reptile Style" "Funny Thing" and "When You Touch Me", or "Waiting for the Day".

Am I the only fan here? I know they have like pockets of diehard fans around the country. Like the Dirtbombs and Yo La Tengo, Maxwells is their home away from home. Get tickets ASAP
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ruckus

Keep us updated.  Never heard of them but really dig their sound.  Hope they swing by B'more.  I figure they will.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

el_chode

So far they're only playing Maxwells in Hoboken and the Southpaw in Brooklyn.

Greg Cartwright (singer) is doing a benefit in Detroit. That be it for now.
I'm surrounded by assholes

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

oistheone

That's a great read! Very interested to hear this new album, especially with the new lineup and more "in the pocket" feel.

Unrelated note -- I think "If Christmas Can't Bring You Home" is one of the best songs of all time.

parkervb

Quote from: oistheone on Jul 09, 2014, 03:11 PM
That's a great read! Very interested to hear this new album, especially with the new lineup and more "in the pocket" feel.

Unrelated note -- I think "If Christmas Can't Bring You Home" is one of the best songs of all time.

there's a stream at end of that article

parkervb