Justin Townes Earle

Started by olwiggum, Apr 21, 2008, 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corey

http://www.myspace.com/justintownesearle

You should do yourself a favor and pick up this album.
Long story made short... I bought this as an impulse buy at Grimeys during Record Store Day on Saturday and it has completely blown me away. "Who Am I to Say" damn near made me cry when I first heard it.

dragonboy

I really love his track @ the end of Steve's American Boy.
Tried to pick up his debut a couple of times but couldn't find it...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

LaurieBlue

I fell in love with him..his music..the style when we first saw him live.  The CD is a great companion.

dragonboy

2 tracks from his new album Midnight At The Movies out Mar 3rd:
http://www.myspace.com/justintownesearle
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

walterfredo

I'm completely addicted to his new album 'Harlem River Blues'.  Check it out....amazing stuff!

Penny Lane

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 07, 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm completely addicted to his new album 'Harlem River Blues'.  Check it out....amazing stuff!

x2  !!!!!!!! Terrific...Bummed I wasn't in town a few weeks ago when he played here. Hope he stays clean.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

lasvegas

he is awesome indeed. his last show here in the city was really good. he's playing with a fiddle player and stand up bassist. great full sound.

this was from the other night on Letterman:
Justin Townes Earle Performs "Harlem River Blues" on Letterman
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

weeniebeenie

I love JTE. Seen him a couple of times and he's coming back to Oz in March too!
The new album is great. Especially Rogers Park.  I get chills.
How loud can silence get?

headhunter

seeing JTE tonight at the Bolton Center on Long Island.  Nice small intimate venue.
Will report in tomorrow.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

wolof7

Just started getting into Justin late last year. I have to say I enjoy Midnight at the Movies way more than Harlem River Blues...What are other peeps thoughts on his albums? Is HRB a grower? I was into MATM from the opening sec. to the last on first listen.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Penny Lane

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 27, 2011, 09:28 AM
Just started getting into Justin late last year. I have to say I enjoy Midnight at the Movies way more than Harlem River Blues...What are other peeps thoughts on his albums? Is HRB a grower? I was into MATM from the opening sec. to the last on first listen.

I love them both but MATM is my favorite..
but Keep listening--it IS a grower..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

headhunter

I've become a big fan of HRB.  Better with each listen.

Saw him live a few wks ago.  Good but not as good as his performance with a full band including Jason on late night TV.  He was just solo with an acoustic guitar. 
Funny and very self deprecating.  Good show but would rather see with full band.

His dad will be touring with the Dukes again this summer and that will be a must see.

Don't have M at the M but will look for it.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ALady

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 27, 2011, 09:28 AM

I agree, I just think MATM is the better record overall.  Harlem River has its moments though.

Just glad to see him healthy and touring again.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof7

BOOM!!!

Nothing's gonna change the way you feel about me now....March 27th

http://www.justintownesearle.com/

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 10, 2012, 05:39 PM
BOOM!!!

Nothing's gonna change the way you feel about me now....March 27th

http://www.justintownesearle.com/

Nice.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

wolof7

The new album is streaming here:

http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2012/03/exclusive-stream-justin-townes-earles-new-album-nothings-gonna-change-the-way-you-feel-about-me-now.html

reviews i've seen have been mixed but I feel it's pretty classic Earle, with the memphis soul addition. I can't stand the reviews which complain that he didn't expound on HRB...as I've said before as good as HRB is, I still think Midnight at the Movies is my fav album by him and technically his best.

YimBlaylock

Thanks for the heads-up wolof! Been looking forward to this album for quite some time. I'll stream it when I get some time on my hands today. Can't wait!
It's all happening.

YimBlaylock

Streaming now. "Look the Other Way" is an immediate standout. JTE has a killer voice, and the extra emphasis on soul only adds to it.
It's all happening.