Main Menu

M. Ward DC 2-21-09

Started by eleaf14, Feb 09, 2009, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eleaf14

Anyone headed to this show. Should be an awesome venue. It got me wondering if there was any chance Jim might make an appearance. Last year I know Matt came down and played w/ Jim when he had his gig at St Davids Church. Heres to hoping!

brkndwnbus

I'll be there. I haven't been to this venue before though. Is it near the metro or a place to park that is open passed 11 p.m.? I had to leave the MMJ show during the encore at DAR in Sept. because the only place I could find to park closed at 11:15 or something. I should have taken the metro then.

slimsloslider

its about 4 blocks from the gallery place/chinatown metro stop. get there early if you wanna good spot. i got there late for antony on sunday and had a hard time seeing anything. the sound in the synagogue is amazing. its an extraordinary place to see a performance. i'll be there for matt's set. the opener may be a little loud for the venue, but i'm excited to see vivian girls

eleaf14

Thanks for shoutin back. I am planning on trying to get there early for good seats. I have a couple of quick questions for you since I am heading up from NC. Are there any good spots for food and drinks near the venue? Whats the concession situation at the venue? Drinks? It looks like a cool room. Cant wait!

slimsloslider

gallery place is a bit commercial. its right near the verizon center (where the wizards and caps play), so there are lots of options for drinks and eats. the beer selection at RFD on 7th street is exceptional (http://www.lovethebeer.com/rfd.html), but the vibe kinda sucks. the coolest place that's within range is probably district chophouse which is a little south of the verizon center. (http://www.chophouse.com/LocationHome.php?FKLocationID=10092). its a pretty classy joint, but if you head to the bar upstairs in the back, its low-key with a pool table.

slimsloslider

oh, and there is no eating or drinking in the synagogue.

eleaf14

thanks again for the tips.