Tell Me Springsteen Sucks...

Started by KY_Kid, Feb 01, 2009, 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

I think the energy of shows and NJ/NY fanaticism is a big reason why he's 'the Boss'. That and probably most music in the late 70's/80's mostly sucked. He definitely had that going for him

heady, I don't know if you've ever heard of The Clash or The Replacements or Husker Du or The Pixies or The Police or REM or Pylon or Flat Duo Jets or Stevie Ray Vaughan or Metallica or Black Flag or X or The Pretenders or New Order or Violent Femes or Camper Van Beethoven or The Cult (to name a few), but I suggest you check them out.

You should stop writing silly little statements like the one above and expand your musical horizons.

I own many SRV and Metallica albums, and I own albums from The Police, Clash, and Pixies. The rest I either only like a few songs of, dont like, or just arent my style.

And I listen to enough music to know I dont need to expand the music I listen to since I listen to most anything besides country, classical, and basically the music of that period - punk and new wave. I dont care for it.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Im The Dude

Quotei saw him at gmen stadium in july. he came on 2.5 hours late (apparently cause of an accident on the highway). the delay caused me to run out of tailgating beer and thus i was not happy. beer at the stadium was $8 (not his fault). his show was energetic, but every song literally sounds the same. did those songs sound different just now? no. the show went for 3 hours, i had to drive home for 4 hours leaving at 1. the 4 hours did not include stadium traffic. the crowd around us sat the whole time and yawned. it was a completely lame experience. the only highlight was when one of the guitarists did a flip while he played a solo. he did a flip. a fuckign flip. other than that, i was super not happy. i had more fun watching him just now during halftime, with a delish beer in my hand, than i did when i saw him live. i dont know what that means. im still pissed about that pick. and yay, now i get to listen to john madden.

Id guess the guitarist was Nils Lofgran who did the flip.  He's one of the best guitarist i've ever heard. His work with Neil Young was amazing.  

I saw Bruce in 97 or 98 when he did a reunion tour with The E Street Band.  He does most of his new stuff when he tours which is understandable but a lot of people were dissapointed and wanted most older stuff.  I was happy either way it was one of my first concerts.

Great music, but I wouldnt pay to see him again.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Jaimoe

I'm very disappointed in Bruce making his deal with the Devil: Wal-Mart. I'm glad he feels bad about it now, but he never should have made the deal in the first place. I know the Boss believes he lacked foresight by forgetting the "questionable" workplace practices of Wal-Mart management towards its employees, but Bruce is smart enough to know that this is just the tip of the Wal-mart evil iceberg. I hope he gets out of the deal, and I mean soon.

Im The Dude

QuoteI'm very disappointed in Bruce making his deal with the Devil: Wal-Mart. I'm glad he feels bad about it now, but he never should have made the deal in the first place. I know the Boss believes he lacked foresight by forgetting the "questionable" workplace practices of Wal-Mart management towards its employees, but Bruce is smart enough to know that this is just the tip of the Wal-mart evil iceberg. I hope he gets out of the deal, and I mean soon.

Im sorry I must be under a rock but what "deal" did he do with Walmart.  Was it a deal like Garth Brooks did?
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

red

QuoteIm sorry I must be under a rock but what "deal" did he do with Walmart.  Was it a deal like Garth Brooks did?
He just released a slapped together Walmart exclusive greatest hits album.  I hate Walmart and its peers.  

mjkoehler

QuoteIm sorry I must be under a rock but what "deal" did he do with Walmart.  Was it a deal like Garth Brooks did?
He just released a slapped together Walmart exclusive greatest hits album.  I hate Walmart and its peers.  
Try working with them. You think you hate them now........

capt. scotty

Any respect I had for The Boss is totally gone after knowing he prerecorded the super bowl show music. What kind of rock star does this?

He and Ashlee Simpson are 1 in teh same.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

QuoteAny respect I had for The Boss is totally gone after knowing he prerecorded the super bowl show music. What kind of rock star does this?

I was pissed when I first found that out, but strangely enough, this put things in perspective for me: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/148938-e-street-band-didnt-play-live-at-the-super-bowl-omg

capt. scotty

QuoteAny respect I had for The Boss is totally gone after knowing he prerecorded the super bowl show music. What kind of rock star does this?

I was pissed when I first found that out, but strangely enough, this put things in perspective for me: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/148938-e-street-band-didnt-play-live-at-the-super-bowl-omg

He has a point with the setting up in 5 minutes, and Im not a roadie, but since theyre rolling everything out there on a float, cant they take care of all that on the float during the 90 minutes of gameplay preceding halftime?

jones

WalMart is the devil.  WalMart is Bruce's Boss.