ChiefOKONO

AUSTRALIA DATES
January 25, 2009 Metropolis - Fremantle, Australia - Tickets or Call 132 849
January 27, 2009 The Tivoli - Brisbane, Australia - Tickets or Call 132 849
January 29, 2009 Enmore Theatre - Sydney, Australia - Tickets or Call 132 849
January 30, 2009 Forum Theatre - Melbourne, Australia - Tickets or Call 132 849
January 31, 2009 Forum Theatre - Melbourne, Australia - Tickets or Call 132 849

NEW ZEALAND DATES
February 3, 2009 Opera House - Wellington, New Zealand - Tickets or call 0800 842 538
February 4, 2009 Powerstation - Auckland, New Zealand - Tickets or call 09 970 9700

US DATES
February 20, 2009 Shubert Theater - New Haven, CT - Tickets
February 21, 2009 Orpheum Theatre - Boston, MA - Tickets
February 22, 2009 Wellmont Theater - Montclair, NJ - Tickets
February 26, 2009 Missouri Theater - Columbia, MO - Tickets
February 27, 2009 Uptown Theater - Kansas City, MO - Tickets RESCHEDULED Purchased tickets honored
February 28, 2009 Brady Theater - Tulsa, OK - Tickets RESCHEDULED Purchased tickets honored
March 2, 2009 Abraham Chavez Theatre - El Paso, TX - Tickets
March 4, 2009 Majestic Theatre - San Antonio, TX - Tickets
March 6, 2009 Alabama Theatre - Birmingham, AL - Tickets
March 6-8, 2009 Langerado Music Festival - Bicentennial Park - Miami, FL - Tickets Note: Cards on the 8th
March 9, 2009 Florida Theater - Jacksonville, FL - Tickets
March 11, 2009 North Charleston Performing Arts Center - Charleston, SC - Tickets
March 14, 2009 War Memorial Auditorium - Nashville, TN - Tickets
March 16, 2009 Palace Theatre - Louisville, KY - Tickets
March 18, 2009 Minglewood Hall - Memphis, TN - Tickets
March 19, 2009 Saenger Theatre - Mobile, AL - Tickets
March 20, 2009 Fox Theatre - Atlanta, GA - Verizon Ticket Exchange and more details here

ALady

He needs to come back to Chicago...

I have 3rd row center for Tulsa (eek!   :D)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

brkndwnbus

a trip to the D.C./Baltimore area would be sweet, or another stop up in PA and I'll be sure to make that too.

Sassbox

QuoteHe needs to come back to Chicago...

I have 3rd row center for Tulsa (eek!   :D)

Gah...Wha?!?  I didn't know your seats were so awesome. :(
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ALady

So come with...you know you wanna  :D

Penny Lane

i would like to go to the NJ show---it sucks not having a car! lol--trains on sunday aren't the best either...we'll see. either way, i have to see RA this year!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

You definitely should...he's en fuego on this tour!  3+ hour sets, just brilliant...who does he think he is, Jim James?   ;)

Penny Lane

QuoteYou definitely should...he's en fuego on this tour!  3+ hour sets, just brilliant...who does he think he is, Jim James?   ;)

ha ha..i downloaded his boston show (the one that was the night after MMJ) it sounded terrific. i love the new songs, too. as long as he plays come pick me up----that song is so beautiful!!

ALady

He's been playing it quite a bit on this tour, and early on in the set, which is a nice change...he wasn't playing it much for a while, because people were always yelling for it    ;D

He did a funny bit about it when I saw him in Indianapolis last year...something about how when people yell for "Come Pick Me Up" it makes him feel bad, because he thought he was doing a pretty good set up until then...something like how yelling "Come Pick Me Uuuuuuup!" was like yelling "Nooo, do it like this" in the middle of really romantic sex   ;D

BH

QuoteHe's been playing it quite a bit on this tour, and early on in the set, which is a nice change...he wasn't playing it much for a while, because people were always yelling for it    ;D

He did a funny bit about it when I saw him in Indianapolis last year...something about how when people yell for "Come Pick Me Up" it makes him feel bad, because he thought he was doing a pretty good set up until then...something like how yelling "Come Pick Me Uuuuuuup!" was like yelling "Nooo, do it like this" in the middle of really romantic sex   ;D

Ha!  I have a show from San Jose that I listen to alot.  He uses a meatloaf analogy along those same lines.   He said it was like your mom just got done slaving away in the kitchen making meatloaf all day only to have one of the kids at dinner complain about one of the ingredients in the meatloaf.  Ryan needs to learn to just not listen. :)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteHe's been playing it quite a bit on this tour, and early on in the set, which is a nice change...he wasn't playing it much for a while, because people were always yelling for it    ;D

Ha!  I have a show from San Jose that I listen to alot.  He uses a meatloaf analogy along those same lines.   He said it was like your mom just got done slaving away in the kitchen making meatloaf all day only to have one of the kids at dinner complain about one of the ingredients in the meatloaf.  Ryan needs to learn to just not listen. :)

wow--i'll have to remember not to yell out that request (or any request) at his shows...these damn sensitive artists!! lol

bold99

QuoteYou definitely should...he's en fuego on this tour!  3+ hour sets, just brilliant...who does he think he is, Jim James?   ;)

ha ha..i downloaded his boston show (the one that was the night after MMJ) it sounded terrific. i love the new songs, too. as long as he plays come pick me up----that song is so beautiful!!

I went to both MMJ and RA show in Boston that weekend.  Such a great weekend.  I've seen RA a lot and I can say he has never sounded better than he did that night in boston.  He's playing the Orpheum in Boston on a saturday night but I can't go...Damn.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

JacketGal

QuoteHe needs to come back to Chicago...
No kidding. Ryan come back!!
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

aMillionDreams

He goes off about requests for "Come Pick Me" on a boot I have, saying something along the lines of "get a clue, I haven't played that since the Heartbreaker tour, I'm not going to play it no matter how loud you yell".  But I notice it's been played on this tour and quite a bit.  He's insane, I just hope he doesn't have an "episode" when I see him in Louisville (I'm in Row R, btw).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AllyDee

See him on the first stop in the US, New Haven.

Excited!

brkndwnbus

he played Come Pick Me Up in Pittsburgh in 07 and at the Patriot Centerin December of 08. The Pittsburgh show was great because he also played Too Be Young, in the slowed-down version.

Agent Cooper

QuoteHe's insane, I just hope he doesn't have an "episode" when I see him in Louisville.

Yeah, speaking of episodes, I saw RA in Michigan a year ago or so, never seen the band before, way geeked, and the crowd was miserable. People were just screaming things at the band, just a bunch of inane shit, and he packed it up after an hour an 10 minutes. I was so pissed, not to mention the people in the seats in front of me, making out like no one else was around, yummy! Needless to say, I want to see him and the Cards rock it out for 3 hours and just be mesmerized. He's gotta come to Michigan again (fingers crossed).

LEATHER KID

IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

Ghosts_on_TV

Better go, these are the LAST Cardinals dates, according to RYan...

On the Cardinal Cave:

me- 34-a non smoker and happy, for the first time in my life.. i am excited to finish this wonderful time i have had with the cardinals and whatever new adventures may come after march. atlanta will be my last venture with the band and i am grateful for the time we have had and maybe someday we will have more stories to tell together. i am however ready for quieter times as i think it is very evident i am struggling with some balance and hearing issues.

also, no drama or anything but i am okay to step back from all of this right now and i think i did enough manic blogging when i felt alone and isolated during the last few years of travel. these last few years were the hardest i can remember and the most rewarding but i have loved ones to care for now and i am lucky i have been given a chance to turn around and see just what i am capable of as a friend and as someone who is not gone forever every year- it rendered me incapable of things i needed to be to myself and others- and my schedule sometimes never ended when the shows did- and some of that was my doing. and i lost someone i loved, and i lost myself.

that changed. i got to know just who i am in this little spell of time here recently. and change is the nature of the world and i naturally embrace that.

i won't be blogging here anymore either- but not for effect- it just is not being kind to myself- i need a life that is mine- i need to grow up and grow in to who i have subtly been working back towards since i stopped all that nonsense and i know also no matter what i choose to do in the music world, because i chose to do things my way and never lie i will always be viewed as an "asshole" ( i hear and have seen things in the past) and i am not, and i know the truth and i know who i am.

also it is kind of ridiculous to blog as because i am a musician and anything i say here just gets reprinted at some point out of context. i say NOT FAIR but it doesn't matter what i say anymore or what is fair anymore really does it- the 21st century media has it's own rules about what is true and what is not. it is not a life- not one i want to live anyway and i don't really care to participate in narcissistic over-indulgent behavior anymore- that was never my intention- i just wanted to fight for my right to make music and to be given the benefit of the doubt. now, because i have stood up for myself and fought for myself i am labeled all kinds of awful things. well, i will walk away now and it will not matter what anyone say's. there are other things i can do in this life, other ways to be creative and to try and help others and be expressive without being demonized for attempting to gain the same things any other human being desires- love- friendship- understanding- and being able to express yourself without constant fear of being mistreated for speaking up

. i have friends to make, brand new books coming (two of em' not counting that one already printed and on it's way out there and i LOVE writing....yay!)and a whole lot of living and learning to do.

i am excited to step away. i lost more than anyone will ever know (hearing, soneone i loved, my sense of dignity, a never ending losing battle with stage fright and now my hearing and balance due to an inner ear issue- people accusing me of not being sober when i am suffering tremendous pain and nausea from my inner ear symptoms- people accusing me of theft (THEFT- ....awful) and this is not much of a life, not glamorous like those ridiculous video's a long time ago television played and no it is not monetarily as rewarding as people would like you to believe and yes, it is soul destroying. especially when you spend your life trying to write about the really difficult stuff and you stand there losing your way and people yell at you like you were in a circus. when it was your dream to matter and you realize one day, it never mattered- i mean, i am a punch-line and a footnote in what is worse to yell at someone besides "free-bird". i mean, i lost. and it's okay because i seriously snuck some pretty neat idea's in there in the work when i was making those mistakes or they were being made by others. this business is no science.

andf you know, whatever this is- it's not my dream. and it is a punishing thing to endure when you are getting worse and worse- it's not my dream, my dream was mike watt's crazy shaking leg and electric fingers- or how sonics droned into beautiful cluds and how it felt to just let go and static up a riff and find the sweet spot- but getting yelled at for just being a songwriter- to be called so many horrid things because i chose to love music so much, and also to look for peace and balance in my life- that is not kindness and just not my thing. at least not now.

quitting smoking was a good step and i am happy i also am just now beginning to understand how important it is i take better care of myself in every way right now.

anyway, enjoy these shows and know that i am not abandoning anyone and that i loved playing music in the cardinals and hell, even before i was in a place to try and learn to be well, music was my life source-

maybe i will play again sometime but this is the time for me to step back now, and i wish everyone peace and happiness and if music is your dream, or if just dreaming is your dream, may you find your way through the rough patch with ease and i hope you let go and it takes you all the way there-

loving kindness to all.

R
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ChronicHunger

this is crazy... i cant wait for columbia, mo