Main Menu

Remnants

Started by stew105, Feb 09, 2009, 09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew105

Anybody besides me think it's odd that MMJ don't play Remnants live very often?  Seems like the kind of song that they could really take to another level.  :-/

Dudley

Remnants rocked my pants all the way off live.. No joke..

vwxg14a

I agree!  I haven't heard it live this year 3 shows, but I think it is one of the top five off Evil Urges after Touch Me 1 - 2, Librarian, Thank You, and I'm Amazed.  

Hopefully down the road they play this instead of Highly Suspicious.

Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

bluebugsy

Saw it in Chicago - second night.  Quite tasty!

Soulshine

QuoteSaw it in Chicago - second night.  Quite tasty!

Tasty indeed!
Because we're all in this together...

lasvegas

good tune, but with as many old songs collecting dust as there are, i don't mind this one being played only every so often.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Soulshine

Quotegood tune, but with as many old songs collecting dust as there are, i don't mind this one being played only every so often.

True
Because we're all in this together...

songdiver

i agree with what someone else said about this song.  i think it is great as is, but i could see this song evolving into something really epic in the future, like a killer extended rocker with the likes of run thru or dondante.  i would love to see this song extended in the future.  i give it 1 yr
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

aMillionDreams

As it stands now, I think Remnants may be the only song they play live that sounds better on CD,
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

songdiver

i think that way about Touch Me pt I.  I love that song on the album, but it translate weird when it's played live.  it will be cool to see which songs from EU become staples and what becomes lost in the shuffle.  I think Remnants will be a keeper, the lyrics are just too important to not be heard.
"where we are, in the blink of an eye you get several meanings"

xmascriminal

Quotei think that way about Touch Me pt I.  I love that song on the album, but it translate weird when it's played live.  it will be cool to see which songs from EU become staples and what becomes lost in the shuffle.  I think Remnants will be a keeper, the lyrics are just too important to not be heard.

Here's what I think:

Staples = I'm Amazed, Highly Suspicious, Smokin' From Shootin, Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2, Thank You Too!
Maybe Staples = Evil Urges, Sec Walkin'
Will Be Played Rarely = Look at You, Aluminum Park, Librarian
Will Be Played Very Rarely = Two Halves, Remnants

LEATHER KID

IN Nashville it rocked my ass off.  Carl's guitar could've been louder but I say that about every song .
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

aMillionDreams

Quotei think that way about Touch Me pt I.  I love that song on the album, but it translate weird when it's played live.  it will be cool to see which songs from EU become staples and what becomes lost in the shuffle.  I think Remnants will be a keeper, the lyrics are just too important to not be heard.

Here's what I think:

Staples = I'm Amazed, Highly Suspicious, Smokin' From Shootin, Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2, Thank You Too!

I'd agree with that, but I'd know Smokin from shooting and Thank You Too down to the "maybe" category.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

xmascriminal

Here's what I think:

I'd agree with that, but I'd know Smokin from shooting and Thank You Too down to the "maybe" category.

Yeah, I wasn't sure of my Thank You Too! placement.

drewsdad27us

Remnants is in every mix/MP3 list I make. I was amazed at not hearing it in NYC or MB :-[... I love it.

capt. scotty

Here's what I think:

I hope Smoking From Shootin becomes a staple more than any song from EU, but I dont know. You gotta remember, for every "staple" from EU, thats 1 less staple from an earlier album.

I think Evil Urges, the title track, is a good bet to be a staple though. That, Im Amazed, and Touch Me 2 I think are the guarantees.

I dont know what to think of Thank You Too, Sec Walkin, or Look At You though...they seem like any one of them could be a rarity as much as an every other show song or something
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons