Main Menu

Mumford & Sons

Started by thestranger, Mar 27, 2009, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestranger

Anyone? Acoustic based British band. The best thing i've heard in a long long while.

Vadie Stark

I didn't know they were British
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

lasvegas

these guys are so good. i can't get enough of them.

really enjoy their sound for sure. can't wait to see them live.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

ManNamedTruth

BUMP
The new album is good, maybe better than Sigh No More?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

exist10z

Really, people who like MMJ like them?  Interesting...

The first word that comes to my mind when I hear them (which thankfully is rarely), is...

Pedestrian

You've heard the Avett Bros. right?
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: exist10z on Sep 26, 2012, 10:50 PM

The first word that comes to my mind when I hear them (which thankfully is rarely), is...

Pedestrian

Yes, and i've stated before several times that I like Avett Brothers more and I think Mumford & Sons are overrated. But that doesn't mean I don't like Mumford & Sons. The new Mumford & Sons is better than the new Avetts.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

exist10z

Sorry, didn't know you'd heard this before.

I don't have anything against Mumford, they don't offend me, just feel like there's better music to spend my time and money on.  But that's just my opinion.

Enjoy their new album.
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Fully

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Sep 27, 2012, 03:14 AM

Pedestrian

Yes, and i've stated before several times that I like Avett Brothers more and I think Mumford & Sons are overrated. But that doesn't mean I don't like Mumford & Sons. The new Mumford & Sons is better than the new Avetts.
Truth, I'm with you on this. You are not alone.
http://youtu.be/pAyKJAtDNCw

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
REALLY don't want to start a Grammy thread just for this, so...

from The Onion

Mumford And Sons Take Home Coveted 'Vest Of The Year' Grammy

News in Brief• Entertainment• ISSUE 49•07• Feb 11, 2013

LOS ANGELES—After weeks of speculation within the music industry, English folk-rock group Mumford and Sons took home the big prize at Sunday's 55th Annual Grammy Awards by winning the highly coveted Vest of the Year trophy. "Wow, I don't even know where to begin," said lead singer Marcus Mumford, after his slim-cut russet waistcoat secured the band its third win on a night in which the quartet also collected statuettes for Watch Chain of the Year and Best New Straw Hat. "We never could have imagined it. I mean, just to have our vest nominated alongside all these other amazing vests—it's really a dream come true." Following Mumford and Sons' victory in the vest category, the band narrowly missed sweeping the Grammys' four major apparel awards after losing out to indie pop trio fun. for its upbeat, critically acclaimed suspenders.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kvgq420

MUMFORD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T GET MUSIC, JUST LIKE KINGS OF LEON, THE LUMINEERS, THE KILLERS AND COUNTLESS OTHERS. SEEMS LIKE THEY MAKE MUSIC TO BECOME RICH.  BELIEVE THAT :drum:

alienlanes

Knew nothing about this band, but got a review copy of their Big Easy Express blu-ray disc and decided to watch it based on the fact that Old Crow Medicine Show was on it. Mumford & Sons aren't nearly as bad as everyone says - acoustic based folk/pop. I'd much rather kids listen to this that some shit like Korn or something. It's inoffensive and they seem to have fun doing it.

It's much better than Kings of Leon and the Killers, it's just not great.

Fully

Alienlanes, I could not agree with you more. Just because the masses have latched on to something doesn't always mean it's crap. it usually means it's crap, but this is one time I'm ok with the masses latching on to a band. I liked their first album, but I'm not listening to their second album for whatever reason, but if my kids or my students wanted to listen to this, I wouldn't sneer at them for it. For goodness sakes, they aren't Creed or Kings of Leon. I think it's become cool to bash them because they've received so much attention and sold so many records. They even have their imitators. Yes, MMJ, The Avetts, Fleet Foxes and numerous other bands were making similar music before them, but would you rather have another Justin Beiber get lots of attention or a band like this? I'd pick this every day over the Beibs or any of the other dreck that usually finds love from the masses.

searchinbig

My daughter is a huge Mumford fan. She is going to Camden this Saturday to see them again. I think these guys are extremely talented at such a young age. 

You may want to try listening to their Daytrotter session. Lots of cool covers done acoustic. Gave me a whole new perspective on their music.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

YimYodd

Pedestrian

I gotta agree with this wise man.
Not terrible, better than other crap mentioned in this thread but I wouldn't go out of my way to see (or listen) to them. IMO.
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Tired Eyes

I saw Mumford & Sons on the Saturday of the 2011 Bridge School Benefit.  I thought they were so ordinary that I skipped their Sunday set.