the whitest boy alive

Started by LeontheHut, Apr 01, 2009, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

TheBigChicken

toe tappin shit....kool and the gang meets steely dan  :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

Never heard of them, but both those tracks are nice.

Kind of reminds me of a more simplified (in a good way) and funky Gorillaz.

Im a sucker for funk.

Definitely am gonna check out some more stuff...I noticed they just came out with what looks like their 2nd album. You have both? Recommend 1 to get first?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Both are good. I think I like Rules more (the newest one). But both are worth listening to.

I love the funk too. My only complaint is they don't "funk out" enough. A lot of the songs have a lot of build up to where you are ready to rock the fuck out but they keep it relatively tame. It doesn't matter much, I still really dig it.

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

capt. scotty

Sweet...that songs sounds so damn familiar but that album just came out and Ive never heard of them. Still, feel like Ive heard it somewhere before (and not counting the original post  ;D)...commercial maybe?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Leontheslut

Dunno. I have never heard it before I found a link to their myspace page. Golden Cage is on their first album, so it's about 3 years old now.

Did you notice they're all German and based in Berlin? It kind of shocked me, until I saw their pictures.  

MickeyReds

QuoteDunno. I have never heard it before I found a link to their myspace page. Golden Cage is on their first album, so it's about 3 years old now.

Did you notice they're all German and based in Berlin? It kind of shocked me, until I saw their pictures.  
nerds
As long as you keep a straight face...

capt. scotty

QuoteDunno. I have never heard it before I found a link to their myspace page. Golden Cage is on their first album, so it's about 3 years old now.

nerds

says the guy who created a thread to post 60 times just so he could get a senior title on an internet message board

MickeyReds

nerds

says the guy who created a thread to post 60 times just so he could get a senior title on an internet message board
Been here since 2005. Dont need a title. Just thought it was funny. Thanks for making me sad. ;)
As long as you keep a straight face...

.Walt

sweet music!  I see I'm in competition now. I've always felt that I was the whitest boy alive. I mean come on, I am from Minnesota. Just bought both of their cd's. Thank you!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Leontheslut

Quotesweet music!  I see I'm in competition now. I've always felt that I was the whitest boy alive. I mean come on, I am from Minnesota. Just bought both of their cd's. Thank you!
I thought that made you the biggest gansta alive?  :P

They announced a tour, but no dates in the States.  :-/

.Walt

Quotesweet music!  I see I'm in competition now. I've always felt that I was the whitest boy alive. I mean come on, I am from Minnesota. Just bought both of their cd's. Thank you!
I thought that made you the biggest gansta alive?  :P

you know it! gee'd up from the feet up.

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

CC

they have some groovy tunes but arthur russell was already doing this in the 80s. that's alright though, they can keep it going in their own way.

saw them live last saturday. all the kids were going crazy. i was mildly entertained.

Leontheslut

Quotethey have some groovy tunes but arthur russell was already doing this in the 80s. that's alright though, they can keep it going in their own way.

saw them live last saturday. all the kids were going crazy. i was mildly entertained.
I'll have to check him out, any album recommendations?

CC

Quotethey have some groovy tunes but arthur russell was already doing this in the 80s. that's alright though, they can keep it going in their own way.

I'll have to check him out, any album recommendations?

well he was a lot more experimental and has done everything from clubdisco to ambient jazz to countryrock but if you're looking for the electropop check out 'calling out of context'. my favourite album is probably 'love is overtaking me' but that one's totally different.

from 'calling out of context'
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1mGrsm0yw[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1mGrsm0yw

capt. scotty

Hah, I def hear what youre saying CC.

I might have to check out some more AR, but just based on that I prefer WBA's tighter sound.

woodnymph

So I just found this random, random thread! I love these guys, Erlend Øye is the main guy, and he's from the duo Kings of Convenience that, well... most might think are boring but I just happen to love (go figure!)  :P  They've been described as a sort of "Simon & Garfunkel of New." They harmonize like honey... and there's just the two of 'em, but Feist is on a track too, and I loooove it and want her to do an album with themmmm

For me, I've listened to the Kings of Convenience for a few years now, and it was this huge shock to hear Whitest Boy Alive step up the pace. Good stuff, cool to see there's a thread for 'em here.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Apeskies

God, these guys are so effing good. I'm pissed I didn't get to see their whole set at Coachella last year...especially since they've only played in the states twice, I think.

:(

Also, check out lead singers other project Kings of Convenience.

Kings Of Convenience - Misread

Apeskies

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 24, 2010, 02:14 AM
So I just found this random, random thread! I love these guys, Erlend Øye is the main guy, and he's from the duo Kings of Convenience that, well... most might think are boring but I just happen to love (go figure!)  :P  They've been described as a sort of "Simon & Garfunkel of New." They harmonize like honey... and there's just the two of 'em, but Feist is on a track too, and I loooove it and want her to do an album with themmmm

For me, I've listened to the Kings of Convenience for a few years now, and it was this huge shock to hear Whitest Boy Alive step up the pace. Good stuff, cool to see there's a thread for 'em here.

sorry, I missed this...sorry for being redundant!   :-X