Main Menu

Calexico-- tonite!

Started by Coltrane, Apr 17, 2009, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltrane

will be seeing them at the Belly Up in San Diego (Solana Beach to be exact) as they warm up for Coachella........

never seen 'em live and i'm REALLY excited!!!

just read though, that they'll be opening up for Andrew Bird in July and playing in Philly (Tower Theater)....just a few blocks from where we used to live......

no matter...tonite will rule!

anyone else seen them???  impressions?
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

MarkW

Only recently got into them, so haven't seem them live.  Have a great one, and report back...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

pawpaw

I LOVE CALEXICO. The Black Light is one of my favorite albums. I've seen them a couple times...one of the best shows I ever saw was them at the Great American Music Hall in SF, with Neko Case & Her Boyfriends as openers.

Let us know what you think!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Sassbox

Calexico's set at Coachella (watched the webcast) was FANTASTIC.  Hope I have a chance to see them live this year!  Enjoy.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

ALady

LOVE them - I've seen them a number of times dating back to the late 90s, but their performance here last fall was the best I've ever seen them.  I really hope they hit the festival circuit this summer.

Who's opening?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires