Attn: Record Store Day Shoppers

Started by red, Apr 17, 2009, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

If you happen to come across the Tom Waits 7" tomorrow, please purchase it on my behalf.  I'll love you forever (and pay you for twice its purchase price and shipping).  

capt. scotty

QuoteIf you happen to come across the Tom Waits 7" tomorrow, please purchase it on my behalf.  I'll love you forever (and pay you for twice its purchase price and shipping).  

im heading to a store tomorrow, whats it called?

and I thought I remembered you being a DOOM fan, check out my last post in the DITC thread  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

Quoteim heading to a store tomorrow, whats it called?

and I thought I remembered you being a DOOM fan, check out my last post in the DITC thread  ;)
Live from the Glitter & Doom Tour 2008

Nice post re: DOOM.  I was record store shopping today and wanted to pick it up, but it was sold out (thankfully I came home with Bill Callahan's new one, which is already my favourite of the year).  I've listened to "Gazzillion Ear" far too many times this week.  Looking forward to getting the album when it comes in sometime next week.

capt. scotty

Quoteim heading to a store tomorrow, whats it called?

Live from the Glitter & Doom Tour 2008

Nice post re: DOOM.  I was record store shopping today and wanted to pick it up, but it was sold out (thankfully I came home with Bill Callahan's new one, which is already my favourite of the year).  I've listened to "Gazzillion Ear" far too many times this week.  Looking forward to getting the album when it comes in sometime next week.

I'll look for it. I called 6 or 7 stores today about MMJ, and only 2 had it in the Sixburgh vicinity. One of them said they had a very limited amount and didnt even know how many while the other said they have the LP and the CD of Ciudad and gave me a number count of 7, im going to the latter. Based on that, I would think they would have that Tom Waits. So 7" LP then? Im not a vinyl guy, but I guess that means this TW record will be in different sizes?

Gazzillion Ear is IMO easily the best song on it, but I dont think that is a negative on the album, because honestly, I think it's 1 of DOOM's best songs period. The way he uses 3 different Dilla beats in the same song, and kills each verse makes it just about as good as Ive ever heard from him.

"in any event, its fake like wrestlin,
get 'em like Jake the Snake, on mescaline,
elixir for the dry throat, tried to hit the high note
villain since an itsy bitsy zygote
by remote, send in the meat wagon
braggin MC's packed in with their feets draggin"

C'Mon  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

QuoteSo 7" LP then? Im not a vinyl guy, but I guess that means this TW record will be in different sizes?
It's just a two, well kinda three, song single.  7" in diameter.  

From what I gather, it should look like this:

"Jake the Snake, on mescaline" has been in my head all day.  Genius.

charps

red

QuoteWhat songs?
Lucinda / Ain't Goin' Down to the Well b/w Bottom of the World

charps

QuoteWhat songs?
Lucinda / Ain't Goin' Down to the Well b/w Bottom of the World

AWESOME!!!   :D

Quick response there, K.  I like it.

capt. scotty

QuoteSo 7" LP then? Im not a vinyl guy, but I guess that means this TW record will be in different sizes?
It's just a two, well kinda three, song single.  7" in diameter.  

From what I gather, it should look like this:

"Jake the Snake, on mescaline" has been in my head all day.  Genius.

Good deal. I'll keep my eye out.

Like I said, I'd expect them to have it (unless thats an odd LP size).

Check in here around 5-6PM east coast time and I should know and ill PM you if I did/didnt get it. Im going downtown to get it a few hours earlier, just not sure when i'll be back around the house.

BH

K, I bought two this morning, so if noboby has contacted you already, let me know and I will get it in the mail soon to you.  Send me a PM.

I did not however get the MMJ.  I had a list of about 7 things I wanted and all I ended up with was teh Tom Waits, Iron & Wine live show and the Flaming Lips/Black Keys split 7"
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

QuoteK, I bought two this morning, so if noboby has contacted you already, let me know and I will get it in the mail soon to you.  Send me a PM.

I did not however get the MMJ.  I had a list of about 7 things I wanted and all I ended up with was teh Tom Waits, Iron & Wine live show and the Flaming Lips/Black Keys split 7"

I just got back from class and am about to go out to the store, so I guess if you have the hookup for him, I wont try to get the Waits.