Main Menu

Band Of Horses

Started by rccola71, Sep 11, 2008, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

I started a thread before and they deserve another one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSir0L_JEU&NR=1   Who can't appreciate these guys. Tyler Ramsey and Ben Bridwell  :o :o :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bearass

fuck yeah they put on one of the best shows ive seen

easy way

Oh yeah...these guys are something special. I would love to see them more than I have the chance to, but...
I'm catching them in ATL on 12/30...then the red-eye to see MMJ @ MSG 4 NYE!!!

"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

bearass

QuoteOh yeah...these guys are something special. I would love to see them more than I have the chance to, but...
I'm catching them in ATL on 12/30...then the red-eye to see MMJ @ MSG 4 NYE!!!

i wouldnt have it any other way

easy way

F U C K   Y E A H ! ! !
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

mjkoehler

DavidCrosby

...I do enjoy them but sometimes I have a hard time looking past how bad they sold out, they seem to sell there image and music to anything these days...I have seen them twice and the second time I saw them there was this guy being a total asshole taking pictures in Birdwell's face and he fucked up "Swords" and then couldn't remember the words and was visibily pissed....kind of a bummer but then they nailed it and it was sweet...I really like the song "General Specific" from the second record...
listen to vinyl

bearass

booooooooo  

sorry i love you still

TheBigChicken

Quote...I do enjoy them but sometimes I have a hard time looking past how bad they sold out, they seem to sell there image and music to anything these days...I have seen them twice and the second time I saw them there was this guy being a total asshole taking pictures in Birdwell's face and he fucked up "Swords" and then couldn't remember the words and was visibily pissed....kind of a bummer but then they nailed it and it was sweet...I really like the song "General Specific" from the second record...
How did they sell out ? Please elaborate.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

DavidCrosby

Quote...I do enjoy them but sometimes I have a hard time looking past how bad they sold out, they seem to sell there image and music to anything these days...I have seen them twice and the second time I saw them there was this guy being a total asshole taking pictures in Birdwell's face and he fucked up "Swords" and then couldn't remember the words and was visibily pissed....kind of a bummer but then they nailed it and it was sweet...I really like the song "General Specific" from the second record...
How did they sell out ? Please elaborate.

...the Ford advertisements, the cell phone commercials with "Ghost" song and there is a microsoft ad in some Spin magazine that I have that has them in it...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6vohX4HV10[/media]

...you can't tell me that isn't really lame...
listen to vinyl

easy way

Well, what do you think about MMJ having 'Mahgeetah' on that Aspen Edge commercial, Touch Me Pt. 1 on the TV show 'One Tree Hill', video on MTV2 of all places, etc. Is this selling out as well? Not trying to make comparisons, but I know you love the Jacket so I use them as an example. Just sayin'.

Besides the fact that the Touch Me Pt. 2 video is simply BADASS...I just gotta look past the fluff of the record label shit and dig on what I dig on, ya know?
:)

easy way

BTW: that chick is HAWT! just sayin'.  ;)

easy way

Oh, yeah. Do any of you guys have any BoH bootlegs?

DavidCrosby

QuoteWell, what do you think about MMJ having 'Mahgeetah' on that Aspen Edge commercial, Touch Me Pt. 1 on the TV show 'One Tree Hill', video on MTV2 of all places, etc. Is this selling out as well? Not trying to make comparisons, but I know you love the Jacket so I use them as an example. Just sayin'.

Besides the fact that the Touch Me Pt. 2 video is simply BADASS...I just gotta look past the fluff of the record label shit and dig on what I dig on, ya know?

...yes, everyone does it to an extent but that commercial in particular stuck me as being really lame...I think there is a difference between having videos played on MTV and TV shows then commercials for cars at what not...
listen to vinyl

ManNamedTruth

QuoteWell, what do you think about MMJ having 'Mahgeetah' on that Aspen Edge commercial, Touch Me Pt. 1 on the TV show 'One Tree Hill', video on MTV2 of all places, etc. Is this selling out as well? Not trying to make comparisons, but I know you love the Jacket so I use them as an example. Just sayin'.

...yes, everyone does it to an extent but that commercial in particular stuck me as being really lame...I think there is a difference between having videos played on MTV and TV shows then commercials for cars at what not...

god forbid they actually make a living. you know, with people paying top dollar for albums why would they want to have songs on commercials. At least they don't sell t-shirts for 50 dollars (i'm assuming).
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

easy way

"And the town is gonna talk, but these people do not
See things through to the very minimal
But what's it gonna cost to be gone?
If we see you like I hoped we never would"...

DavidCrosby

god forbid they actually make a living. you know, with people paying top dollar for albums why would they want to have songs on commercials. At least they don't sell t-shirts for 50 dollars (i'm assuming).

...guess I touched a nerve or something, it was just a comment...I just really hate hearing music in commercials that I listen to in my room, it just seems lame to me, and I am sure they make enough being signed to a pretty big label that they don't have to cash in on all those advertisements before they become old news....here's an example, I fucking love The Who, they are one of my favorite bands, but when I was living with my parents and they would watch CSI (I think) like everyone of those shows has a Who song and I just thought it was wicked lame...it doesn't make me not like them but it still kind of puts a damper on things...I guess I can forgive The Who because they made such a impact of my life, but BOH is newer and kind of just a band I enjoy so I kind of shyed away from them for a while...
listen to vinyl

ycartrob

...guess I touched a nerve or something, it was just a comment...I just really hate hearing music in commercials that I listen to in my room, it just seems lame to me, and I am sure they make enough being signed to a pretty big label that they don't have to cash in on all those advertisements before they become old news....here's an example, I fucking love The Who, they are one of my favorite bands, but when I was living with my parents and they would watch CSI (I think) like everyone of those shows has a Who song and I just thought it was wicked lame...it doesn't make me not like them but it still kind of puts a damper on things...I guess I can forgive The Who because they made such a impact of my life, but BOH is newer and kind of just a band I enjoy so I kind of shyed away from them for a while...

the commercial sell out stuff used to bother me (Eric Clapton was the first biggie in the 80's with the Much Lite stuff) but know it is sort of common ground.

I mean Andrew Bird? Spoon? Kings of Leon? Wilco? All these guys have had their music used for mainstream commercialization and it would have bothered me a while back, it's just more acceptable these days.

Good topic, tough. We talked about this a while back, I'll see if I can find the thread and bump it.

peace

dragonboy

I bought Everything All The Time when it first came it, liked it but didn't love it. Decided to buy Cease To Begin a month or so back (better late than never)...what an amazing album!!!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

easy way

QuoteI bought Everything All The Time when it first came it, liked it but didn't love it. Decided to buy Cease To Begin a month or so back (better late than never)...what an amazing album!!!

Yes sir...get on that horse!  8-)