There's no greater song out there (except At Dawn)

Started by talleshortz, Apr 07, 2009, 01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I was about 2 bottles of wine in when I decided to blast some Cygnus.

Man,

that takes me back to the dark ass days man; I mean daaaaaarrrrrrk days. (but I still love it!)

Sorry about the dark days but you clearly seem to be the poster boy (man) for seeing the light.

Clearly Cygnus has brought balance to you ;)

Just good times over here man :)

thanks, I actually busted it out, up all the way to 11 this afternoon. It still cooks. I had some killer air guitar/bass/drum shit going on that was off the hook. I got a video for this whole song mapped out in my brain. It's complicated...

I hear ya.  It get's crazy when you are playing multiple air instruments at once.  I'd like to hear your idea for the video.  I see my version as an animated one.  Hand drawn of course.

Hmmm....

I love it when I rediscover a song. :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

tomEisenbraun

I was about 2 bottles of wine in when I decided to blast some Cygnus.

Man,

that takes me back to the dark ass days man; I mean daaaaaarrrrrrk days. (but I still love it!)

Sorry about the dark days but you clearly seem to be the poster boy (man) for seeing the light.

Clearly Cygnus has brought balance to you ;)

Just good times over here man :)

thanks, I actually busted it out, up all the way to 11 this afternoon. It still cooks. I had some killer air guitar/bass/drum shit going on that was off the hook. I got a video for this whole song mapped out in my brain. It's complicated...

I hear ya.  It get's crazy when you are playing multiple air instruments at once.  I'd like to hear your idea for the video.  I see my version as an animated one.  Hand drawn of course.

Hmmm....

I love it when I rediscover a song. :)

and those could not fight brought tales of old to light!

seriously. masterpiece of the 20th century? indeed.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

red

FiddleCastro

QuoteI must get my hands on Quadrophenia.

You must! It's my most favorite album ever. The Who are my favorite band, and this is my favorite song from that album.  It's so beautiful at points, and so emotionally moving. It's one of those albums that if you haven't heard, you're missing a part of life. Like In the Aeroplane over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel, which had a song posted from it in this thread as well.... and Okonokos, that should be required listening for the right to exist.

ycartrob

You must! It's my most favorite album ever. The Who are my favorite band, and this is my favorite song from that album.  .

Fiddle Castro definently hips me to your level of Who fanness.  ;)

Quadrophenia got me through a couple of months after rehab a while back; every note, every lyric, every space between each song. Heavy hitter.

FiddleCastro

You must! It's my most favorite album ever. The Who are my favorite band, and this is my favorite song from that album.  .

Quadrophenia got me through a couple of months after rehab a while back; every note, every lyric, every space between each song. Heavy hitter.

Yeah, it's definitely that type of album. It can tear your soul to pieces and rebuild it note-by-note.  

Haha, and NO ONE gets that! I registered as "fiddlecastro" on a Who message board even, and everyone thought my name was offensive and whatnot.... I make 4 posts on a MMJ board and someone gets it! Hahahaha

dragonboy

Yeah, it's definitely that type of album. It can tear your soul to pieces and rebuild it note-by-note.  

Haha, and NO ONE gets that! I registered as "fiddlecastro" on a Who message board even, and everyone thought my name was offensive and whatnot.... I make 4 posts on a MMJ board and someone gets it! Hahahaha
Are you are fan of the movie too? I never get tired of watching that...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

FiddleCastro

Are you are fan of the movie too? I never get tired of watching that...

I love the movie, but, I've sadly been unable to get my hands on a good copy of it. I have an old VHS, and all the DVD versions I find are also missing a few minutes of the actual movie as well,  so I haven't picked it up...

dragonboy

I love the movie, but, I've sadly been unable to get my hands on a good copy of it. I have an old VHS, and all the DVD versions I find are also missing a few minutes of the actual movie as well,  so I haven't picked it up...
Yeah I remember talking to Jaimoe a while back about running times/widescreen ratios etc.
I have a UK 2 disc special edition, running time is 1hr55min. IMDB says the correct running time is 1hr57?

I didn't know that...bummer  :(

FiddleCastro

Yeah I remember talking to Jaimoe a while back about running times/widescreen ratios etc.
I have a UK 2 disc special edition, running time is 1hr55min. IMDB says the correct running time is 1hr57?

I didn't know that...bummer  :(

Yeah, I mean, it's not much of a big deal, but I'm a huge fan, and things like that would bother me. I just tend to notice the little things like that...

dragonboy

Yeah bothers me too, I had no idea. Do you know what scenes were cut?

FiddleCastro

I'm actually not sure, I haven't watched the DVD version....