Main Menu

Noble Beast

Started by Ghosts_on_TV, Jan 21, 2009, 02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomEisenbraun

QuoteNoble Beast tour poster.  Love when Diana Sudyka does his posters.

Hot damn, this'll have to go next to my beautiful poster of hers from the 2007 tour!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ALady

Ha!  I have that poster...but missed nearly the entire show because I was drinking whiskey with Andrew Whiteman from BSS/Apostle of Hustle   ;D

So I've been thinking about the "emotionless" claim and I don't think it's entirely without merit.  Just because his music evokes emotion in the listener doesn't mean it comes from an emotional place.  

That said, I think the lyrics on this record are a lot more personal that anything he's written before.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

red

QuoteHa!  I have that poster...but missed nearly the entire show because I was drinking whiskey with Andrew Whiteman from BSS/Apostle of Hustle   ;D
that's so cool!  'folkloric feel' is one of my favourite canadian albums of this decade.  they lost me a little bit with the follow-up, but "my sword hand's anger" is still an absolute gem of a song.  

kydiddle

QuoteNoble Beast tour poster.  Love when Diana Sudyka does his posters.

They didn't have this for sale at the show Sunday...

>:(
Cow temperature.

tomEisenbraun

Fuck! Totally forgot to get a poster tonight!

Here's the setlist:
Intro
Water Jet Cilice (Hells. Yes.)
Master Swarm
Oh No
Banking on a Myth (This was quite awesome. Haven't played this one in four years, Andrew said)
Plasticities -- Hell. Yes.
Natural Disaster
Nomenclature
Not a Robot, But a Ghost
Fitz and the Dizzyspells
Anonanimal
Privateer
Imitosis
Souverian
Nervous Tic Motion
Tables and Chair
---
Why?
Some of These Days (Beautiful. Three part harmony, and Andrew unplugged the violin so that it was only audible mic'd. We were close enough to the stage to be able to hear him strumming it when he wasn't holding it up to the mic. Definitely one of the highlights of my evening :D)
Fake Palindromes. Fucking love the new band for the depth of sound they bring to the table on tunes like these.

It was an incredible show, really beautifully done in so many ways. Jeremy's guitar on Anonanimal and the bridge from Souverian were absolutely brilliant and gorgeous. Hot damn, I'd love to see them play in an 18 and up venue.

tomEisenbraun

BH

QuoteFuck! Totally forgot to get a poster tonight!

Here's the setlist:
Intro
Master Swarm
Oh No
Banking on a Myth (This was quite awesome. Haven't played this one in four years, Andrew said)
Plasticities -- Hell. Yes.
Natural Disaster
Nomenclature
Not a Robot, But a Ghost
Fitz and the Dizzyspells
Anonanimal
Privateer
Imitosis
Souverian
Nervous Tic Motion
Tables and Chair
---
Why?
Some of These Days (Beautiful. Three part harmony, and Andrew unplugged the violin so that it was only audible mic'd. We were close enough to the stage to be able to hear him strumming it when he wasn't holding it up to the mic. Definitely one of the highlights of my evening :D)
Fake Palindromes. Fucking love the new band for the depth of sound they bring to the table on tunes like these.

It was an incredible show, really beautifully done in so many ways. Jeremy's guitar on Anonanimal and the bridge from Souverian were absolutely brilliant and gorgeous. Hot damn, I'd love to see them play in an 18 and up venue.

Awesome Tom, I can't wait.

What is the name of the third song on Useless Creatures.   Listened to that this morning and that song is badass!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

OHHHHH.  Love that song.  I've never heard him play it live.  Were there cicadas, like on the Fingerlings 3 version?

BH, it's Nyatiti.

tomEisenbraun

OHHHHH.  Love that song.  I've never heard him play it live.  Were there cicadas, like on the Fingerlings 3 version?

BH, it's Nyatiti.

I was so jazzed about that one, can't even express how much so. He performed it solo, too, which blew me the hell away. No cicadas, but looped as hell and absolutely beautiful.

By the way, he's got a new mic set up for looping vocals. And he's begun whistling into the violin as well...

:)

ALady

Quotewhistling into the violin

WHAAAAAAAA?

tomEisenbraun

Quotewhistling into the violin

WHAAAAAAAA?

YEEESSSS!!! It's how Master Sigh was birthed. But I won't ruin the surprise of what song he pulls it out on...

ALady

ALady

Bird track from Dark is the Night compilation streaming today.

http://www.myspace.com/DarkWasTheNight

kydiddle

I completely missed your recap of the show, Tom. It sounds amaaaaaaaazing!!!! Glad you had a good time.  

:)
Cow temperature.

ManNamedTruth

the birdman is on leno tommorow.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ALady

Have we discussed the Rolling Stone article about Mr. Bird, which includes quotes from our very own Jim James, and mentions the fact that Bird is crashing at Jim's house in NYC?

We haven't?

Well we should.

tomEisenbraun

QuoteHave we discussed the Rolling Stone article about Mr. Bird, which includes quotes from our very own Jim James, and mentions the fact that Bird is crashing at Jim's house in NYC?

We haven't?

Well we should.

exsqueeze me?

meggha

just got the album this week.
it suits any time of day, i love painting to it, cooking to it, watching the sun come through the kitchen windows and my roommates puppy trying to hump my cat.......
Andrew Bird is amazing. So glad I got to see him and meet him before it became so difficult/expensive for me to do so.
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

BH

QuoteHave we discussed the Rolling Stone article about Mr. Bird, which includes quotes from our very own Jim James, and mentions the fact that Bird is crashing at Jim's house in NYC?

We haven't?

Well we should.

Ohhh, I need to get that!  I want to be at breakfast in that house!

meggha, I don't have much time to work on art projects like I used to, but when I do, Mr. Bird always works best for inspiration.  When I put in Mysterious Production of Eggs I get those white eyes like the guys that paint the future in the show heroes

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ALady

We haven't?

Well we should.

Ohhh, I need to get that!  I want to be at breakfast in that house!

Seriously.  What I wouldn't pay to rent that spare room.

I can't find the article online, alas.