Main Menu

Wilco (The Album)

Started by bold99, Apr 29, 2009, 08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

I love that these guys will always have a sense of humor and never take themselves that serious while still putting out some of my favorite music.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Wilco have named their new album Wilco (The Album).

Seriously!

Rolling Stone says so! And their publicist has confirmed it!

That is so much better than just self-titling it Wilco, don't you agree?

Wilco (The Album) is out in June on Nonesuch. Yes, the leadoff track is "Wilco the Song". And there's a song with Feist on it.

Here's the tracklist:

Wilco (The Album):

01 Wilco the Song
02 Deeper Down
03 One Wing
04 Bull Black Nova
05 You and I
06 You Never Know
07 Country Disappeared
08 Solitaire
09 I'll Fight
10 Sunny Feeling
11 Everlasting
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Crispy

That's hilar! I, for one, can't wait for this record.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

:D :D :D

and yo la tengo are opening for them here?? double  :D
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

No kidding?  Lucky!!!

June 30 is the date on that record, btw.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold99

They usually make it available for their fans a lot earlier than the release date..they are one of the coolest bands for stuff like this.

FiddleCastro

This is really cool! Wilco is awesome!!!!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ManNamedTruth

I never got into Sky Blue Sky, I hope this ones better?
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

bold99

QuoteI never got into Sky Blue Sky, I hope this ones better?

You should give that one another spin or two...its probably my favorite Wilco album or close to YHF and I didn't love it right away..  Especially live, the songs are so good as documented on their new DVD.

walterfredo

I can't wait!  Going to the show at the Berkeley Greek.....with all 3 kids in tow!

tomEisenbraun

You should give that one another spin or two...its probably my favorite Wilco album or close to YHF and I didn't love it right away..  Especially live, the songs are so good as documented on their new DVD.

Definitely give it a second shot. I've been listening to Being There, YHF, A Ghost Is Born and Sky Blue Sky a bunch this week, and realized how perfect (and incredibly weird!) SBS really is in the process. Nels' guitar work is nothing short of fucking ridiculous. Especially on "You Are My Face" and "Side With The Seeds" -- seriously. That bend right at 1:49 on "You Are My Face" is siiiiiiiiick. Not to mention, "What Light" is seriously a perfect song.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

ALady

The SBS have become my favorites in the live show.  Something between my shoulder blades automatically relaxes upon hearing the first chords of "You Are My Face" (and then the song proceeds to completely jam out, which is fantastic).  And "Hate It Here" has become a total singalong.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof

Sky Blue Sky is hands down my favorite Wilco album and i have them all. It is everything i want with a rock record; not too overthought, airy productions, killer solo's and pretty catchy songs to boot. I feel like SBS has had way more staying power than anyone of their previous records. I was dumbfounded that it received mixed reivews. I think people wanted them to be a country rock radiohead but that didn't happen and SBS ended up being a very fun rock album. Hopefully they follow a similar suit with this new one!

bold99

Definitely give it a second shot. I've been listening to Being There, YHF, A Ghost Is Born and Sky Blue Sky a bunch this week, and realized how perfect (and incredibly weird!) SBS really is in the process. Nels' guitar work is nothing short of fucking ridiculous. Especially on "You Are My Face" and "Side With The Seeds" -- seriously. That bend right at 1:49 on "You Are My Face" is siiiiiiiiick. Not to mention, "What Light" is seriously a perfect song.

I agree he just bring a whole new dimension to their game.  To me the SBS songs are just so perfect....at least they start out that way and then Nels comes in and just destroys them with sound.

red

Wow, with all those endorsements I'll give SBS another go too.  

red

Sorry Morrissey and Neko Case, Wilco win:

bold99

Simply Outstanding cover.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

red

QuoteALBUM STREAMING ON WILCOWORLD.NET!  :D
I just came here to post that.  You beat me.

"You and I" is perfect.  

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteALBUM STREAMING ON WILCOWORLD.NET!  :D
I just came here to post that.  You beat me.

"You and I" is perfect.  

I'm on Bull Black Nova now. Great so far.

Ghosts_on_TV

This reminds me of A Ghost is Born more than anything, but this is it's own animal. I have a feeling this is going to be a top 3 of the year. WIlco albums always have a way of doing that though.