Oasis- Dig Out Your Soul

Started by Nikkogino, Sep 06, 2008, 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbones72

That's probably true, but it's always amusing when they fight...

Leontheslut

QuoteThat's probably true, but it's always amusing when they fight...
I remember a number of years back they released like 45 minutes of audio of them yelling at each other. If I recall correctly it got pretty high up on the charts.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Penny Lane

I remember a number of years back they released like 45 minutes of audio of them yelling at each other. If I recall correctly it got pretty high up on the charts.

I think that's what Jbones was referring to "Wibbling Rivalry"..i have the cd--it's terrific.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjkoehler

Quotei think they are just trying to stir up some attention because no one really cares about them anymore. I can't wait for a noel album, i agree, i've always wanted that. he'll probably have P weller and johnny marr play on it.
Thrown on John Squire and that would be a record for the ages. As is stands have Weller and Johnny is fab enough.

Leontheslut

I think that's what Jbones was referring to "Wibbling Rivalry"..i have the cd--it's terrific.
gottcha!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Penny Lane

gottcha!

nothing better than this back in the day:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/9958/rivalry.html

Jbones72

One concert videos I've seen had them backstage arguing forever about a Kinks b side....
Remember when they toured with the Black Crowes years ago... it was called "The Brotherly Love" Tour I think.

Penny Lane

QuoteOne concert videos I've seen had them backstage arguing forever about a Kinks b side....
Remember when they toured with the Black Crowes years ago... it was called "The Brotherly Love" Tour I think.

yes that was a weird tour! their audiences were a mix of rock/jam band fans and brit pop fans...just didn't mix too well although i loved them both. the other brothers band opened up for them, spacehog i think?

Jbones72

I had forgotten about Space Hog. I dug out my stub, 6/7/01...time flies!

In my row at Radio City we were the only people standing for the Crowes! The English people around us defiantly weren't in to them...  

Just read a Warpaint live cd is coming out next week. 

Leontheslut

gottcha!

I've got a mike stand, I've got a mike stand, yeah. And I've got a mike stand, right, and that's what I'm about, right, what I'm into. I'm not going to fuck off because he thinks my views are fucking too outrageous or whatever. I've got my fuckin' vibe, and Igo to that mike stand, and I do my business. He stands fuckin' in his fuckin' corner, he does, he does his little riffs and his little dance - let him do that. McGuigan does his fuckin' bit, I'll do my bit, the drummer does their bit. And that's what it's all about. Five people, not one.

That reminds me of this speech from almost famous.

I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off. Actually, *that* you can print!

Vadie Stark

gottcha!

I've got a mike stand, I've got a mike stand, yeah. And I've got a mike stand, right, and that's what I'm about, right, what I'm into. I'm not going to fuck off because he thinks my views are fucking too outrageous or whatever. I've got my fuckin' vibe, and Igo to that mike stand, and I do my business. He stands fuckin' in his fuckin' corner, he does, he does his little riffs and his little dance - let him do that. McGuigan does his fuckin' bit, I'll do my bit, the drummer does their bit. And that's what it's all about. Five people, not one.

That reminds me of this speech from almost famous.

I work just as hard or harder than anybody on that stage. You know what I do? I connect. I get people off. I look for the guy who isn't getting off, and I make him get off. Actually, *that* you can print!
SeantheHut ;D
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Jbones72

Liam's latest twitter(tweet) update..... "It won't be a 5 year break if I've got anything to do with it, thanks for the support.. LG

Jbones72

Hey Oasis fans!

OASIS TO RELEASE THE 'DREAMS WE HAVE AS CHILDREN' (Live for Teenage Cancer Trust) A SPECIAL NOEL GALLAGHER PERFORMANCE FROM THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL TO BE RELEASED EXCLUSIVELY ON iTUNES.

New York, NY - Oasis are set to release a selection of live recordings by Noel Gallagher with Special Guests taken from a performance at the Royal Albert Hall London on March 27, 2007 in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust.

'The Dreams We Have As Children (Live for Teenage Cancer Trust)' will be released exclusively on iTunes and features classic and rare tracks from the Oasis catalogue along with several cover versions of some of Noel's favorite artists. Songs by The Beatles and The Smiths are featured here along with a very special duet with Paul Weller performing The Jam's classic 'The Butterfly Collector'.

Oasis are long time supporters of Teenage Cancer Trust and are proud to continue their support. As well as Noel's appearance with special guests in 2007, the band headlined the inaugural Concert Series in 2002. In addition Noel has made several guest appearances at TCT Benefits over the decade.

'The Dreams We Have As Children (Live for Teenage Cancer Trust)' is available NOW exclusively on iTunes!

To buy click HERE.

Track listing below:

1. (It's Good) To Be Free
2. Talk Tonight
3. Fade Away
4. Cast No Shadow
5. Half The World Away
6. The Importance of Being Idle
7. The Butterfly Collector
8. All You Need Is Love
9. Don't Go Away
10. Listen Up
11. Sad Song
12. Wonderwall
13. Slide Away
14. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
15. Don't Look Back In Anger
16. Married With Children

Penny Lane

going old school w/married w/children! i love it. (liam knows what twitter is and i don't? wow, i am worse off than i thought)

not only does the singer from deer tick remind me of van morrison but at times, reminds me of noel singing.

mjkoehler

Yes, married w/children. Now I can watch him and see how off I am when I play it.

Don't feel bad Penny, I don't get twitter either, at all, it's like reading text message where I'm missing most of the context.

Jbones72

I liked seeing Don't Go Away on the list...I know Noel sends out his tour diary through myspace, he said that someone types it out for him.  I was surprised to see Liam on twitter he talks about his new clothing line a lot!

Twitter is good to have for sports and music updates, I follow a bunch of venues in NYC and get concert and ticket info.

Penny Lane

QuoteI liked seeing Don't Go Away on the list...I know Noel sends out his tour diary through myspace, he said that someone types it out for him.  I was surprised to see Liam on twitter he talks about his new clothing line a lot!

Twitter is good to have for sports and music updates, I follow a bunch of venues in NYC and get concert and ticket info.

is it faster than getting the email updates? i'm w/mjk, i don't get it either. my friends are always forwarding me twitter stuff but it's only 1 sentence of a message and nothing ever important.

married w/children is a little harder to play. one of their best songs..i also love listen up and good to be free.....whatever is one of their best, but i have a really cool noel version (from unplugged) and a liam version.

do you guys like 'sad song'? one of noel's prettiest songs.

i'll also give you props if you have a copy of bonehead's bank holiday? it took me a year to get a copy of that on a bootleg. it's pretty funny.

Jbones72

it's good for smaller places in willamsburg and the city but i use it more for sports stuff.

I do have a copy of "Bonehead's Bank Holiday" on a bootleg cd of M.G b sides, it also has "Fade Away" with Johnny Depp playing guitar. "Sad Song" is on my Japan copy of D.M with "Cloudburst", both fit perfectly.

mjkoehler

I do like Sad Song. It's a nice break from the wall of sound.

Jbones72

Looks like Noel Gallagher was right when he told Q magazine (via ChartAttack) that his brother Liam "will f*cking freak out" at his hopes for every member of Oasis to record a solo record before the band's next release.

In a televised interview from Brazil (not sure of the interviewer's name at this time), Liam responded to Noel's plans to release a solo record. "I could do that, but I don't want to do that," he said. "I'm in Oasis, you know what I mean. If everyone starts going off doing solo records then you might as well just f*cking split the band up, you know what I mean. I'm part of a band and that's the way it is. If you go on going off doing solo records then there's no Oasis, you know what I mean. Someone's gotta be here keeping it together."

So Noel's 5-year hiatus plan could be a problem, but once again it's interesting to see how the Gallagher brothers only communicate with each other through interviews and the occasional tweet.

If the previous comment's aim wasn't pointed clearly enough at his brother, Liam gets more explicit at the end of the Q&A. When asked what the best and worst parts to being in Oasis were, he responded: "The best part is obviously the music, playing the gigs, meeting people from different parts of the world. All that stuff. That's good. The worst part is being in a band with your f*cking brother."

Full Story at twentyfourbit.com: