Oasis- Dig Out Your Soul

Started by Nikkogino, Sep 06, 2008, 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

I really like the new album. Gave it a spin this AM at work. I like it better then Don't Believe The Truth.

Jbones72

QuoteI really like the new album. Gave it a spin this AM at work. I like it better then Don't Believe The Truth.

So do I, has a better flow to it, "The Turning" and "Falling Down" are my favs so far.

I see they are closing the shows with "I Am The Walrus" again!

Good Stuff

mjkoehler

Penny Lane

i listened to the album a couple more times---i really like shock of the lightening and falling down---i think they are at their best when they just sound like oasis and don't try to do cross over (and keep up w/the times as they say?) i'm not so crazy about the other songs, but we'll see..it's growing on me.

i would LOVE to see them play slide away ---and for them to open w/acquiesce!!! (sigh)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

brkndwnbus

Quotei listened to the album a couple more times---i really like shock of the lightening and falling down---i think they are at their best when they just sound like oasis and don't try to do cross over (and keep up w/the times as they say?) i'm not so crazy about the other songs, but we'll see..it's growing on me.

i would LOVE to see them play slide away ---and for them to open w/acquiesce!!! (sigh)

I've seen them play both of those. Slide Away is an excellent song. One of my faves.

Jbones72

Quotei listened to the album a couple more times---i really like shock of the lightening and falling down---i think they are at their best when they just sound like oasis and don't try to do cross over (and keep up w/the times as they say?) i'm not so crazy about the other songs, but we'll see..it's growing on me.

I've seen them play both of those. Slide Away is an excellent song. One of my faves.

no aquieese... but they are playing slide away!!!

Jbones72

MSG Last Night!!

ock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
The Shock Of The Lightning
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
To Be Where There's Life
Waiting For The Rapture
The Masterplan
Songbird
Slide Away
Morning Glory
Ain't Got Nothin'
The Importance Of Being Idle
I'm Outta Time
Wonderwall
Supersonic

Encore:
Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

brkndwnbus

QuoteMSG Last Night!!

ock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
To Be Where There's Life
Waiting For The Rapture
The Masterplan
Songbird
Slide Away
Morning Glory
Ain't Got Nothin'
I'm Outta Time
Wonderwall
Supersonic

Encore:
Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

I don't know alot of those recent songs, but I'll be at the show tomorrow night at the Patriot Center. I'm going for The Cardinals, but I'm pumped to finally see Oasis play some of the hits that I haven't seen them play live before.

Penny Lane

QuoteMSG Last Night!!

ock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
To Be Where There's Life
Waiting For The Rapture
The Masterplan
Songbird
Slide Away
Morning Glory
Ain't Got Nothin'
I'm Outta Time
Wonderwall
Supersonic

Encore:
Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

nice opening w/Rock-n-Roll Star and playing cigs and alcohol! Also, glad they put Songbird in there. Definitely not the good old says (of opening w/acquiesce) but still. so bummed i missed it.

Jbones72

QuoteMSG Last Night!!

ock 'n' Roll Star
Lyla
Cigarettes & Alcohol
The Meaning Of Soul
To Be Where There's Life
Waiting For The Rapture
The Masterplan
Songbird
Slide Away
Morning Glory
Ain't Got Nothin'
I'm Outta Time
Wonderwall
Supersonic

Encore:
Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

nice opening w/Rock-n-Roll Star and playing cigs and alcohol! Also, glad they put Songbird in there. Definitely not the good old says (of opening w/acquiesce) but still. so bummed i missed it.

slide away was awesome, i figure it was a even trade, acquiesce for the masterplan

Penny Lane

they had a backstage interview on 101.9-they played yesterday morning. you can go to their website to hear it.

they never used to play slide away ---ah yeah, anytime noel sings, i love it. the hammerstein ballroom show (when liam sat up in the balcony heckling him) is one of my favorite shows...especially songs like 'round our way'

Jbones72

Quotethey had a backstage interview on 101.9-they played yesterday morning. you can go to their website to hear it.

they never used to play slide away ---ah yeah, anytime noel sings, i love it. the hammerstein ballroom show (when liam sat up in the balcony heckling him) is one of my favorite shows...especially songs like 'round our way'

I've always loved that show, especially when Noel looked up at Liam and told to shut up! That was a cool interview, "Matt you haven't changed in 20 year's"... I really hope RXP sticks around , I read that it might be sold and go all sports

Penny Lane

Quotethey had a backstage interview on 101.9-they played yesterday morning. you can go to their website to hear it.

I've always loved that show, especially when Noel looked up at Liam and told to shut up! That was a cool interview, "Matt you haven't changed in 20 year's"... I really hope RXP sticks around , I read that it might be sold and go all sports

so weird, i was just talking to someone at work about that! i  heard it might be sold and they might make it espn radio ?? i can't believe that. everyone loves that station...i love matt pinfield.

Jbones72

so weird, i was just talking to someone at work about that! i  heard it might be sold and they might make it espn radio ?? i can't believe that. everyone loves that station...i love matt pinfield.

It's a great station , haven't had anything like it in NYC since WNEW, maybe 10 years ago! I hope they will give it more time to catch on, if not I'll have to go back to all cd's in the car again!

Jbones72

Noel Gallagher is planning to take time out from Oasis to record a solo album.

Noel Gallagher wants to record a solo album this year.

The Oasis guitarist is planning to take a break from the group to concentrate on releasing his own material once they finish touring their 'Dig Out Your Soul' album.

He said: 'I've got a lot of songs lying around and some of them are really great. But they're not Oasis songs. They're going to sit there and do nothing, so hopefully at the end of this tour I'm going to go and do something for myself.'

Noel - who has said Oasis won't make another record for five years because he has grown frustrated with his singer sibling Liam - hopes the rest of the band also decide to pursue solo projects during the hiatus.

He added to Q magazine: 'It would be really interesting for fans of the band to see how each individual makes up the whole. I don't think it'll affect what Oasis do. Liam, on the other hand, will f***ing freak out.

'The last three albums have been three years in between, but I see it as likely to be longer this time. Even before the end of making each Oasis album, I've always started writing the next one, and I haven't this time. I don't want to force it.'

Oasis - also comprising guitarist Gem Archer, bass guitarist Andy Bell and drummer Chris Sharrock - are set to begin the UK leg of their tour on June 4 at Heaton Park,

Full Story at news.id.msn.com:

Penny Lane

QuoteNoel Gallagher is planning to take time out from Oasis to record a solo album.

The Oasis guitarist is planning to take a break from the group to concentrate on releasing his own material once they finish touring their 'Dig Out Your Soul' album.

He said: 'I've got a lot of songs lying around and some of them are really great. But they're not Oasis songs. They're going to sit there and do nothing, so hopefully at the end of this tour I'm going to go and do something for myself.'

Noel - who has said Oasis won't make another record for five years because he has grown frustrated with his singer sibling Liam - hopes the rest of the band also decide to pursue solo projects during the hiatus.

He added to Q magazine: 'It would be really interesting for fans of the band to see how each individual makes up the whole. I don't think it'll affect what Oasis do. Liam, on the other hand, will f***ing freak out.

'The last three albums have been three years in between, but I see it as likely to be longer this time. Even before the end of making each Oasis album, I've always started writing the next one, and I haven't this time. I don't want to force it.'

Oasis - also comprising guitarist Gem Archer, bass guitarist Andy Bell and drummer Chris Sharrock - are set to begin the UK leg of their tour on June 4 at Heaton Park,

AWESOME--i consider all the Bsides Noel's best solo work.

Jbones72

QuoteNoel Gallagher is planning to take time out from Oasis to record a solo album.

I was thinking the same thing, I always wanted a Noel solo album, or a official release of his demos. They are bickering in public again,   Noel in interviews and Liam on Twitter!  I think the "Wibbling Rivalry" is back.

Penny Lane

I was thinking the same thing, I always wanted a Noel solo album, or a official release of his demos. They are bickering in public again,   Noel in interviews and Liam on Twitter!  I think the "Wibbling Rivalry" is back.

i think they are just trying to stir up some attention because no one really cares about them anymore. I can't wait for a noel album, i agree, i've always wanted that. he'll probably have P weller and johnny marr play on it.