Main Menu

Los Campesinos!

Started by red, Sep 15, 2007, 02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

I haven't been this memorized by an EP since the almighty White Buffalo, but oh my, Sticking Fingers Into Sockets from this Welsh 7-piece is pure indie-pop (yuck!) perfection.  I'm a sucker for (among MANY other things) strings, great hooks, melodies and pretty girls, so yeah, I'm in love.  Think Broken Social Scene meets the Arctic Monkeys at a malt shop.

The EP is produced by David Newfeld (Broken Social Scene knob-twiddler/madman) and they're just finishing a full-length with him for Arts & Crafts due early next year apparently.  

Check a few songs here, including my favourite from the EP "You!  Me!  Dancing!: http://www.myspace.com/loscampesinos  Sadly, their awesome Pavement cover ("Frontwards") isn't up there.  

The new song "International Tweexcore Underground!" is owning my evening.

:-*

:-*

red

[size=36]JUST LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THEY (THE 3 GIRLS, NOT THE 4 BOYS) ARE!!![/size]

ratsprayer

sweet fancy moses.   :-*

Tree

The ep is great. I want to see them live!  :)

mjkoehler

Shit, these guys are coming to town in early February to play the Gargoyle at Washington U. I may have to listen to them and possibly go to the show. No other good shows on the horizon. Need....live...music..

Plus K is correct, those girls are adorable. Adorable as in I'm gonna get drunk, profess my love for the cute redhead head, and generally make a perveted ass out of myself.  :-/

Penny Lane

oh man my ex boyfriend loved them! now i know why (lol).  :P
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

red

QuoteShit, these guys are coming to town in early February to play the Gargoyle at Washington U. I may have to listen to them and possibly go to the show. No other good shows on the horizon. Need....live...music..

Plus K is correct, those girls are adorable. Adorable as in I'm gonna get drunk, profess my love for the cute redhead head, and generally make a perveted ass out of myself.  :-/
oooh, do try & get there mike!  when you're finished professing your love to the redhead, tell the brunette lass she has an admirer from the north.  we are beautiful, we are doomed should arrive in the next day or two, can't wait.  and i actually think i'm going to spin hold on now, youngster now.  

(i'm abandoning grammar & caps, if anyone noticed)

mjkoehler

QuoteShit, these guys are coming to town in early February to play the Gargoyle at Washington U. I may have to listen to them and possibly go to the show. No other good shows on the horizon. Need....live...music..

oooh, do try & get there mike!  when you're finished professing your love to the redhead, tell the brunette lass she has an admirer from the north.  we are beautiful, we are doomed should arrive in the next day or two, can't wait.  and i actually think i'm going to spin hold on now, youngster now.  

(i'm abandoning grammar & caps, if anyone noticed)
I gotta pick up the album, hopefully this week first. Plus the show is on campus so that means, uhhhhh, coeds! and it's not too far from work.

red

if you like this song (one of my favourites) there's no doubt you'll love their ep/debut - i'll let you know how the new one holds up

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6SO_yKMe8[/media]

mjkoehler

So they have more then Hold On Now, Youngster?

red

QuoteSo they have more then Hold On Now, Youngster?
there's the sticking fingers into sockets ep & the new one (we are beautiful, we are doomed) that just came out

mjkoehler

Quoteif you like this song (one of my favourites) there's no doubt you'll love their ep/debut - i'll let you know how the new one holds up

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj6SO_yKMe8[/media]
OK, I'm sold. That is infectious!

tomEisenbraun

Of course you love them, Kaley! Look at all those skirts!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

red

QuoteOf course you love them, Kaley! Look at all those skirts!
[smiley=thumbup.gif]  you know it mustache!

"Think Broken Social Scene meets the Arctic Monkeys at a malt shop." - that's probably the best band description i've ever given.  ridiculous.

Ruckus

What a conundrum!

These guys are playing literally down the street from me tonight at the Ottobar(and I really want to see them!) but I was given an extra free floor ticket to Metallica at the Verizon Center tonight.

Odd choice but I couldn't give up floor seats to a band I haven't seen in 15 years :D :D :D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

red

QuoteOdd choice but I couldn't give up floor seats to a band I haven't seen in 15 years :D :D :D
but now how are you going to kidnap the brunette for me?!

mjkoehler

QuoteOdd choice but I couldn't give up floor seats to a band I haven't seen in 15 years :D :D :D
but now how are you going to kidnap the brunette for me?!
And the redhead for me. I'd go with Los

Still trying to decide about seeing them when they are in town myself. So much shit going on and I'm already getting the look and whining about shows for this year, and I haven't been to any yet and I only have tickets purchased for one.....in April.

MarkW

If you like Los Campesinos, check out Johnny Foreigner.  Debut album last year called Waited up till it was Light...

http://www.myspace.com/johnnyforeigner

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

red

QuoteIf you like Los Campesinos, check out Johnny Foreigner.  Debut album last year called Waited up till it was Light...

http://www.myspace.com/johnnyforeigner

hmm, i'll have to give them a listen.  i always assumed they were one of those screaming-type bands.

also:

red