Tropical Cruise Playlist - need help

Started by marino13, Jun 09, 2009, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marino13

Taking my wife on a short cruise to the Bahamas next week and I'm looking for a good tropical playlist to put together.  I don't want Buffett or anything too cheesy or obvious (other than a little Marley).  For example, Phone Went West, Mageetah, Goin To Acapulco will be on there, as will some of the Panda Bear/Person Pitch album.  Any other good suggestions?  Thanks in advance!!

ManNamedTruth

obviously marley like you said, 311, sublime, zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er, grateful dead - scarlet begonias, the clash - rudie can't fail, revolution rock, (white man) in hammersmith palais

not much of a reggae expert, DB or bbill might be able to help.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

Go into the reggae thread and check out the page about horn. Not the part we discuss my horn, but tunes with horn, I enjoyed it. I would've enjoyed it more if I was going to a typical destination. Bring back pics, and have a great time!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

marino13

Some great suggestions.  Still working on it.  Thanks everyone!!

Guy Whitey Corngood

If you're still looking for suggestions then I would highly recommend Neil Young and Stephen Stills' "Long May You Run".  It is my go-to beach album.  Cruise-wortly songs on the album are 'Black Coral', 'Ocean Girl', 'Fontainebleau', and one of my all-time favorites, 'Midnight on the Bay'.  Also, you should include as much Billy Ocean as possible on your playlist.