First Song of the Day

Started by edtombell, May 27, 2009, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

This is a how I look at my day... By the First Song

When you turn on your players what is the first song you hear.

Today:  Phish-Meat

See you tomorrow

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

bold99

Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

goodjam2bn

"Xmas Curtain" MMJ

I've taken an interest in disk #2 of Okonokos after watching the DVD, so this morning I clicked on track #4 to start my day. Sorry, maybe a different groop tomorrow.
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

red

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuce - "For You"

bearass

red

Forgot to mention how this is a great idea for a thread.  I always have difficulty choosing the perfect song to start the day.  Gotta set the tone right, you know?

jones

Built To Spill, Conventional Wisdom

Nice thread!

capt. scotty

Today:  Phish-Meat

If this song made you start this thread, I wouldnt be surprised. I rarely to never listened to Phish the last 4-5 years before they announced the comeback, but one hungover morn I put on a show with Meat, and it made my day, while complaints from apartment neighbors ensued.

Dont remember if it was just Meat, but I do remember texting a few friends "If I had a host of ghosts, living on my street.." and they replied something to the degree of "hell yeah" or the ensuing lyrics.

Great idea for a thread, but personally Im too rushed in the morn to put on tuneage almost always. I'll def read other people morning tunes though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

weeniebeenie

I didn't hear any music (well none that I could decipher from those on the train blasting their ipods) until I got on the bus for work.
Baker St-Gerry Rafferty.
How loud can silence get?

Vadie Stark

Can't Even Tie Your Own Shoes - Golden Smog

See you Friday  8-)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

red

Stars - "Your Ex-Lover is Dead"

They lost me after this album (Set Yourself on Fire), but sometimes this song is all I need to hear.  

and all of the time you thought I was sad
I was just trying to remember your name

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Jarvis- Further Complications

Then ran for 5 miles

K- Nice to see some Stars luv here.

.Walt

First song, Mother's Little Helper. Wasn't  by choice. Some guy at work had the radio on. I lucked out, as far as first songs go. After all, it could have been Foreigner.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

QuoteFirst song, Mother's Little Helper. Wasn't  by choice. Some guy at work had the radio on. I lucked out, as far as first songs go. After all, it could have been Foreigner.
Or Kid Rock ;)

.Walt

QuoteFirst song, Mother's Little Helper. Wasn't  by choice. Some guy at work had the radio on. I lucked out, as far as first songs go. After all, it could have been Foreigner.
Or Kid Rock ;)

So true!

I probably would've posted that in the "Musical Crimes" thread. I didn't realize how important the first song is. Man have I been missing out.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

mjkoehler

Or Kid Rock ;)

So true!

I probably would've posted that in the "Musical Crimes" thread. I didn't realize how important the first song is. Man have I been missing out.
I live by a code, if the atrocious Top 40 Station (i.e. we play 10 songs and only 10 and play them on a continious loop) is playing that horrible Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow song from a few years ago on my cube neighbor's radio when I get in at 7 I get up and leave. Or I get up and got hit someone. Both have happened

Guy Whitey Corngood

Most mornings I put on music right after I get out of the shower as I get ready for work, and the song I start off with more often than not is "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis & the News.  It's not to be funny or ironic or anything, it is just an almost perfect song to start off your day.  Try it out sometime, you'll see what I mean.

mjkoehler

Debaser - The Pixies

Good way to start the day and my workout.

weeniebeenie

Refugee- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
How loud can silence get?