Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowDownLuvDawg

whats up with this acoustic talk???  I want a nasty throwdown at 2 AM!

I have faith that they will be added to the lineup.  There is going to be what like 4 to 5 more artist additions and Jacket is a Roo staple.

I'll be there either way.  The lineup is too diverse and strong to skip out on this one, but my heart will be broken if I don't see Yim and the Gang tearin up some nasty funk covers! :'(  

Im The Dude

Quotewhats up with this acoustic talk???  I want a nasty throwdown at 2 AM!

I have faith that they will be added to the lineup.  There is going to be what like 4 to 5 more artist additions and Jacket is a Roo staple.

I'll be there either way.  The lineup is too diverse and strong to skip out on this one, but my heart will be broken if I don't see Yim and the Gang tearin up some nasty funk covers! :'(  

Im still holding out hope for them too.  Does anyone this Bruce on the line up is a little strange? Saw him before and was a good show but don't know how well he'll do here.

the dude
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

hizzo

maybe jimmy will play in the superjam  :D
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Sassbox

I think Bruce's set will be fantastic.  I'm not holding out much hope for MMJ...anyone think maybe they'd just like to take some time off after a killer year AND Jim's injury?  Either way, I'm there and thankful I got to witness the legendary '08 Bonnaroo set!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Im The Dude

QuoteI think Bruce's set will be fantastic.  I'm not holding out much hope for MMJ...anyone think maybe they'd just like to take some time off after a killer year AND Jim's injury?  Either way, I'm there and thankful I got to witness the legendary '08 Bonnaroo set!

I wish I would have went!! How close were you to the stage?
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

PJRock75

Well, I hope they make it back to Roo....it isn't the same without them.  And I would kill to see them cover Led Zep's Rock N Roll to close their set.....they are the one band out there that can really pull this off!!
The fact that my hearts' beatin'...is all the proof you'll need

xmascriminal

QuoteWell, I hope they make it back to Roo....it isn't the same without them.  And I would kill to see them cover Led Zep's Rock N Roll to close their set.....they are the one band out there that can really pull this off!!

Would you kill anyone, or are there lines you just wouldn't cross?

capt. scotty

QuoteWell, I hope they make it back to Roo....it isn't the same without them.  And I would kill to see them cover Led Zep's Rock N Roll to close their set.....they are the one band out there that can really pull this off!!

Id kill anyone for a When The Levee Breaks. Rock N Roll? Not so much
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteI think Bruce's set will be fantastic.  I'm not holding out much hope for MMJ...anyone think maybe they'd just like to take some time off after a killer year AND Jim's injury?  Either way, I'm there and thankful I got to witness the legendary '08 Bonnaroo set!

From what I understand me and my friends, (and Brad and pennylane, I assume) are on the Bonnaroo 08 dvd. We were right up front. I know you werent asking me, but still. I still have yet to see it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

xmascriminal

Wow, yeah. I'd kill anyone for When the Levee Breaks too. Good point.

Sassbox

Two very nice guys let me on the rail to snap some pics, then I stood behind them for the rest of the set.  In fact, I can see the top of my hat in the Bonnaroo '08 DVD!

hizzo

^Were you on the left side or the right side? I was right up front on the left side. I still haven't seen my DVD yet!

PJRock75

Wow, yeah. I'd kill anyone for When the Levee Breaks too. Good point.

I'm glad you guys see my point...any Led Zep song would kick ass(No Quarter would also be amazing)...I just figured it would be such a fun/rockin/up beat song to end the set.  And we all know JJ can do it vocally.

PJRock75

I basically just want them to do this at Roo so I know I will be there to hear/see it  8-)

Penny Lane

j

From what I understand me and my friends, (and Brad and pennylane, I assume) are on the Bonnaroo 08 dvd. We were right up front. I know you werent asking me, but still. I still have yet to see it.

WHAT!!!?? i haven't seen it either.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

llama22

I could careless if they are a headliner I just want them there!! THEY ARE THE KINGS OF BONNAROO THEY GOTTA PLAY, THEY JUST HAVE TOO! I was at the concert last yr. from start to finish never missed a beat, never left to pee, never left because of the rain/cold my brother and I stayed all night! It was the most perfect night of my life and would just be absolutely beside myself if they played again! If I ever had to beg in MY LIFE - this is the time! So here goes:

JIM JAMES AND ALL FELLOW BAND MEMBERS IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAY AT BONNAROO 09' PLEASE! I NEED YOU, THE STRAW HAT, THE CAPE, THE BEAR, THE CRAZY HAIR, THE RAIN, TYRONE, AND THE SHOELESS DRUMMER! I NEED YOU, WE ALL NEED YOU! YOU GUYS A THE GREATEST! I LOVE YOU ALL VERRY MUCH! ;D
Time is near to come forward with whatever killed your spark

Sassbox

Quote^Were you on the left side or the right side? I was right up front on the left side. I still haven't seen my DVD yet!

Facing the stage, I was on the right...wearing a giant mushroom hat.  Unlike the other 'Roo performances on the DVD, this one doesn't have a ton of audience shots and they also kind of fade in to other shots, so it's hard to spot people.  I think we hit rewind and pause about a gajillion times before we caught two-second glimpses of ourselves.  :)

razral

QuoteI could careless if they are a headliner I just want them there!! THEY ARE THE KINGS OF BONNAROO THEY GOTTA PLAY, THEY JUST HAVE TOO! I was at the concert last yr. from start to finish never missed a beat, never left to pee, never left because of the rain/cold my brother and I stayed all night! It was the most perfect night of my life and would just be absolutely beside myself if they played again! If I ever had to beg in MY LIFE - this is the time! So here goes:

JIM JAMES AND ALL FELLOW BAND MEMBERS IF YOU READ THIS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAY AT BONNAROO 09' PLEASE! I NEED YOU, THE STRAW HAT, THE CAPE, THE BEAR, THE CRAZY HAIR, THE RAIN, TYRONE, AND THE SHOELESS DRUMMER! I NEED YOU, WE ALL NEED YOU! YOU GUYS A THE GREATEST! I LOVE YOU ALL VERRY MUCH! ;D

:D HELL YEAH THATS MY SISTER! WE ARE THE MMJ BROTHER SISTER DUO! WE COULDNT MAKE IT TO THE NYE SHOW, AND THE ONLY WAY WE COULD JUSTIFY THAT WAS BELIEVING THAT YALL WOULD BE AT BONNAROO AGAIN! PLEASE HELP MAKE THE 2009 BONNAROO THE BEST EVER! LAST YEAR WAS MAGICAL!  ;)

hizzo

Quote^Were you on the left side or the right side? I was right up front on the left side. I still haven't seen my DVD yet!

Facing the stage, I was on the right...wearing a giant mushroom hat.  Unlike the other 'Roo performances on the DVD, this one doesn't have a ton of audience shots and they also kind of fade in to other shots, so it's hard to spot people.  I think we hit rewind and pause about a gajillion times before we caught two-second glimpses of ourselves.  :)
I'm really excited to see the DVD! You must have been right next to the girls screaming out "cobra" or was that you.......  :o

capt. scotty

I didnt even realize there was an 08 DVD. I know I saw 1 from a few years ago, but didnt realize they did 1 for every year.

Might have to check that out, especially if some on yinz all are on it  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons