Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Dogg

Quote^Were you on the left side or the right side?  

For future reference, I think it is clearer to refer to the sides as Side Jim and Side Carl.  That leaves out all confusion.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Penny Lane

For future reference, I think it is clearer to refer to the sides as Side Jim and Side Carl.  That leaves out all confusion.

ghosts, ghostess, ewok and i were on side KARL.

LET IT RAINNNNNN
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

goose

That show definitely considering the walkway to the soundboard in between.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

Ghosts_on_TV

ghosts, ghostess, ewok and i were on side KARL.

LET IT RAINNNNNN

Yeah, my friend Greg who was there with us has the dvd and I guess before they show them do 'm Amazed it shows the band talking about Bonnaroo and cuts to a clip of the audience, and he said you could see us rocking out. He said it's only for like, 1 or 2 seconds though. Still haven't seen it.  8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghostess on TV

We're slowly becoming famous from MMJ concerts.. ha!  On the Bonnaroo video... Rolling Stone.com in the audience.. I bet people watch that video thinking.. "wow, I wish I was them right now."  ..just like I was when I watched a live Daft Punk show video for the first time.

Penny Lane

QuoteWe're slowly becoming famous from MMJ concerts.. ha!  On the Bonnaroo video... Rolling Stone.com in the audience.. I bet people watch that video thinking.. "wow, I wish I was them right now."  ..just like I was when I watched a live Daft Punk show video for the first time.

WE ARE KIND OF A BIG DEAL.  seriously.

Vadie Stark

QuoteWe're slowly becoming famous from MMJ concerts.. ha!  On the Bonnaroo video... Rolling Stone.com in the audience.. I bet people watch that video thinking.. "wow, I wish I was them right now."  ..just like I was when I watched a live Daft Punk show video for the first time.

WE ARE KIND OF A BIG DEAL.  seriously.

Hey!! No more bathwater for you two!
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Penny Lane

Headliner info just announced:

Phish to play late night gig on Fri and closer on Sunday and Bruce on Sat!! (good news for people wanting to leave early who don't want to miss Bruce)

el_chode

QuoteHeadliner info just announced:

Phish to play late night gig on Fri and closer on Sunday and Bruce on Sat!! (good news for people wanting to leave early who don't want to miss Bruce)

Also, Phish is geting a special latenight slot on Friday
I'm surrounded by assholes

Soulshine

Also, [highlight]Phish[/highlight] is geting a special [highlight]latenight[/highlight] slot on [highlight]Friday[/highlight]

This will be the shizzzzz. Unfortunately, I typically like to roll out late Sunday afternoon....not this year. Depending on my state of mind  ::) I may get a start after "the phish from vermont" (deer creek '00 anyone?...Moby Dick!) are done. What time do the closing bands usually wrap on Sunday?
Because we're all in this together...

hizzo

One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

capt. scotty

so good news for the 8 people there who arent trying to party, like my friend penny apparently  ;)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Soulshine

QuoteAround 11:30

Thanks Hizzo!! ;)
Because we're all in this together...

Penny Lane

so good news for the 8 people there who arent trying to party, like my friend penny apparently  ;)

capt-if i get back by monday morning, i don't have at take another vacation day. one phish show is enough for me....(actually that's one too many...ha ha)

el_chode

I usually try to leave sometime on Sunday. However, this is usually because my bonnaroo experience rolls like this:

Me: Hey, who wants to go to ROO!
Everyone: meh
Me: It's worth it for the Jacket
Everyone: meh, we are superior
Me: Ok, forget it
[Fastforward to May]
Everyone: our tix came in. How about yours?
Me: What?
Everyone: yeah, we've got like 20 people going. This was your idea, and you don't have tix?

So then there are all these assholes who shit on my parade and then I'm sick of them by Sunday and leave, forcing them to squeeze an extra person or two into their Yaris.

hizzo

QuoteI usually try to leave sometime on Sunday. However, this is usually because my bonnaroo experience rolls like this:

[Fastforward to May]
Everyone: yeah, we've got like 20 people going. This was your idea, and you don't have tix?

So then there are all these assholes who shit on my parade and then I'm sick of them by Sunday and leave, forcing them to squeeze an extra person or two into their Yaris.
haha what? I hope that didn't really happen to you because that's sad.

el_chode

QuoteI usually try to leave sometime on Sunday. However, this is usually because my bonnaroo experience rolls like this:

[Fastforward to May]

Example: 2006 - I'm ready to go in a 2 car caravan from North Jersey when a friend calls, demands we go meet him in brooklyn, and put 4 people in a tercel with a bubble on the roof, drive to DC, pick up 2 more people, and then go the rest of the way, starting thursday morning.

We say no, so we leave Wednesday night and get a killer campsite. They show up Friday morning because surprise surprise this 15 hour trip somehow took 24 hours. They show up with 6 people who brought another car of 10 people. One of them was a schizophrenic who self-medicated the whole weekend. I spent Radiohead making sure he didn't wander off (I didn't know the kid) because his friends ditched him. He somehow got my phone number, wandered off, and called me to come find him. I was shroomin so I didn't. He woke up face down in peanutbutter in someone else's tent across the farm.

I missed superjam because of this situation too.

Also, he smoked all my stuff

And the worst part was that they all insisted in doing things together, which means our group of who knows how many had to all see the same shows at the same times or else it was drama.

THEY LEFT THE MMJ SET DURING OLDER GUYS and they got pissed when I refused to follow.

Karma bit them in the ass when that became Head Held High

hizzo

Oh gosh. That is extremely frustrating!

el_chode

QuoteOh gosh. That is extremely frustrating!

Other times, it was just a college thing. I was annoyed because I was that guy who listend to Widespread and stuff all during highschool and my friends made fun of me because I didn't like Eminem or Jay-Z. Then they all go to college, smoke weed, and glide around this great land talking about weed all day.

Now, it's just me and my love, and she's excited to go if we can afford it. That's how I like it.

Penny Lane

[Fastforward to May]

Example: 2006 - I'm ready to go in a 2 car caravan from North Jersey when a friend calls, demands we go meet him in brooklyn, and put 4 people in a tercel with a bubble on the roof, drive to DC, pick up 2 more people, and then go the rest of the way, starting thursday morning.

We say no, so we leave Wednesday night and get a killer campsite. They show up Friday morning because surprise surprise this 15 hour trip somehow took 24 hours. They show up with 6 people who brought another car of 10 people. One of them was a schizophrenic who self-medicated the whole weekend. I spent Radiohead making sure he didn't wander off (I didn't know the kid) because his friends ditched him. He somehow got my phone number, wandered off, and called me to come find him. I was shroomin so I didn't. He woke up face down in peanutbutter in someone else's tent across the farm.

I missed superjam because of this situation too.

Also, he smoked all my stuff

And the worst part was that they all insisted in doing things together, which means our group of who knows how many had to all see the same shows at the same times or else it was drama.

THEY LEFT THE MMJ SET DURING OLDER GUYS and they got pissed when I refused to follow.

Karma bit them in the ass when that became Head Held High

chode that is so funny. last year i went w/a couple people, PLUS a random girl who i split the VIP package w/ from south jersey (who was also a self medicater) ..all she did was pop oxycotin the whole trip, hung out on shakedown street and proceeded to bring various wookies back to our campsite and then slept during the day thru all the shows. ha ha...sweet girl but wow, luckily i had my own wookie-free tent.