Am I the only 50+ MMJ fan????

Started by mojofree2be, Jan 31, 2009, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojo

Wow, this is a lonely adventure.   I LOVE the music of MMJ.  The first MMJ cd I purchased I listened to four times in a row, I couldn't get enough. I saw their show live at Bonnaroo '08 and it was incredible.  But this is the deal....I haven't found anyone in my age range that knows this music or is interested in expanding their horizons in music.
If you are a product of the wonderful music of the sixties and still enjoy great music, I'd love to hear your thoughts re: MMJ.

xmascriminal

Tracy's 50+. But as far as I know, before you he was the only one. I turned my dad into an MMJ fan so that's another one, but he doesn't post on here.

ycartrob

QuoteWow, this is a lonely adventure.   I LOVE the music of MMJ.  The first MMJ cd I purchased I listened to four times in a row, I couldn't get enough. I saw their show live at Bonnaroo '08 and it was incredible.  But this is the deal....I haven't found anyone in my age range that knows this music or is interested in expanding their horizons in music.
If you are a product of the wonderful music of the sixties and still enjoy great music, I'd love to hear your thoughts re: MMJ.

I'm 45, so....

don't mind the punks here, they're harmless    ;)

dragonboy

My Dad (70 this year) is an Elton John fan so I played him Jim's cover of Rocket Man. As soon as Jim started singing my Dad said something like "bloody 'ell he's got some reverb on that!"  ;D

Doesn't quite make my Dad a fan though, does it?

Welcome aboard Mojo...other bands/artists do you like?

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Last time I saw the boys, there were several people there well over 50. You are as young as you feel. Keep rockin'

dragonboy

QuoteYou are as young as you feel.
So my increasing number of grey hairs are irrelevant?! That's excellent - thanks MJ  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

weeniebeenie

My mum's in her fifties and she's a fan. Well she likes everything she hear's of MMJ (especially Golden which she mentions all the time).
How loud can silence get?

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

If it makes you feel ant better, I'm 27, but when (if?) I'm 50, I'll be a My Morning Jacket fan.  8-)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Janet

My gorgeous, very cool husband is 53 and he is an MMJ fan.  He has spent the last 2 weeks loading live shows on my ipod.  GD I love this man, and not just because he shares my MMJ addiction.

And yes, I'll be an MMJ fan when I'm 50.  It'll be a while til I'm there.

red

QuoteMy Dad (70 this year) is an Elton John fan so I played him Jim's cover of Rocket Man. As soon as Jim started singing my Dad said something like "bloody 'ell he's got some reverb on that!"
;D ;D ;D

mojo

QuoteMy Dad (70 this year) is an Elton John fan so I played him Jim's cover of Rocket Man. As soon as Jim started singing my Dad said something like "bloody 'ell he's got some reverb on that!"  ;D

Doesn't quite make my Dad a fan though, does it?

Welcome aboard Mojo...other bands/artists do you like?

Funny about your Dad, love that.  
Other artists....I'm a die hard Pearl Jam fan.  My daughter & I travel to see several shows every tour.  Recent bands that I'm enjoying are Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Fleet Foxes.  I received the BEST birthday gift ever from my daughter this past year....MP3 loaded with over 400 songs.   I live in the Caribbean where rock is not the music of choice for many so having the MP3 loaded with great music has certainly enhanced my life!

searchinbig

QuoteWow, this is a lonely adventure.   I LOVE the music of MMJ.  The first MMJ cd I purchased I listened to four times in a row, I couldn't get enough. I saw their show live at Bonnaroo '08 and it was incredible.  But this is the deal....I haven't found anyone in my age range that knows this music or is interested in expanding their horizons in music.

48 this year. I'm always searching for good music which is how I arrived here, and my user name!

Funny how some folks are so closed minded when it comes to music.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

TEO

QuoteTeo is 50 isn't he?
I will be 51 in March and crazylove is 57. She was second row back for most of Louisville and fell in love with JJ when he sang "Look at You" while standing next to his aunt as she explained what the song was about. Yesterday, I was able to watch her initial reaction to "Dear Wife" and then enjoy her playing it over and over. I have seen the band seven times with a couple of front row Bonnaroo's to my credit. We are in deep until the end...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

tomEisenbraun

QuoteTeo is 50 isn't he?
I will be 51 in March and crazylove is 57. She was second row back for most of Louisville and fell in love with JJ when he sang "Look at You" while standing next to his aunt as she explained what the song was about. Yesterday, I was able to watch her initial reaction to "Dear Wife" and then enjoy her playing it over and over. I have seen the band seven times with a couple of front row Bonnaroo's to my credit. We are in deep until the end...

To our credit, sir!  8-)

The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

AlwxanderD10

Im  no where near it, but my dad who introduced me to mmj quite a while ago is over 50 so...

The Drake

My dad is over 50 and a MMJ fan.  I don't think he know what an internet forum is though.

TEO

QuoteTeo is 50 isn't he?

To our credit, sir!  8-)

You got that right! :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

AlwxanderD10

QuoteMy dad is over 50 and a MMJ fan.  I don't think he know what an internet forum is though.

Same here

Janet

My husband is on the forum more than me but does not post.  He thanked me for outing him "as a geezer".   ::)