Main Menu

THE NEW FORUM

Started by CC, Dec 22, 2010, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Quote from: bbill on Dec 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
Looks sharp!

I hope my boss never finds the "POSTING ACTIVITY BY TIME" section!  ;D

Haha. Yeah, that section is great! I need to step my 7am and 8am game up. I'm kinda shocked that my 5am and 6am are so high. I blame it on the late night drinking with DB and K back in the day.  8)

I'm enjoying the new forum. I'm finding something new every time I show up. Thanks and great job CC!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Hawkeye

Hey, just wondering if I'll always have to log in with my original username (seamus) or if I'll ever be able to log in under my current username (Hawkeye)?  I think (?) I could log in under either one on the old forum...
We could.

CC

you can use only one username to log in,
but you can send me a pm if you want it changed.

.Walt

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 05, 2011, 11:43 AM
Hey, just wondering if I'll always have to log in with my original username (seamus) or if I'll ever be able to log in under my current username (Hawkeye)?  I think (?) I could log in under either one on the old forum...

I always liked your name Seamus. Good song too!  8)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ynwa

hot blazes!  i break up w/ my computer for a few weeks and this is what i come back to?  it's so... new & strange.  not sayin i don't like, it's just prob gonna take me some time. 
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

ALady

Liz, been wondering where you were!  Welcome back, lady! :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ynwa

thanks!  i missed y'all  :)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

johnnYYac

Quote from: ynwa on Jan 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hey Liz!  We still seeing you and sis at Trish and Bob's in Feb? 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

headhunter

Hey Liz, welcome back and Happy New year.

See ya in Feb!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

br00ke

woodnymph

Quote from: ynwa on Jan 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
Welcome back! I'm still adjustin' to the newness toooo......  :)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ms. yvon

dear CC,
can you add more smilies please?  i'm particularly missing the laughing, and beer raised smilies.

also, if you see anything in the form of a coffee cup, i would use it often.  :)

your pal,
ms. y.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

well, how about that?!  :dankk2:

and cheers!  :beer:

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

kydiddle

Cheers to you, ms. y! On a crutch free 2011!  :beer:
Cow temperature.

ms. yvon

hey now!  -->  :coffee: 

thanks again, cc!

whoop! :coffee:

capt. scotty

I feel like this has only emerged in the last week or so, but someone else mentioned it in the NFL thread, so I know Im not the only one experiencing it. When quoting/replying to a post, if the post is larger than this white box you type in, when you start typing it jumps all the way up to the top of what you quoted, then back down to where you are typing with each letter you type. It sounds weird, but thats the best way I can explain it. It makes it impossible to highlight what you want to, difficult to see that you are typing what you want/spelling like a HS graduate, and overall just annoying.

Please fix it CC if you can figure out what Im talking about...TIA  :)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 26, 2011, 11:33 AM
I feel like this has only emerged in the last week or so, but someone else mentioned it in the NFL thread, so I know Im not the only one experiencing it. When quoting/replying to a post, if the post is larger than this white box you type in, when you start typing it jumps all the way up to the top of what you quoted, then back down to where you are typing with each letter you type. It sounds weird, but thats the best way I can explain it. It makes it impossible to highlight what you want to, difficult to see that you are typing what you want/spelling like a HS graduate, and overall just annoying.

Hey Scotty, I think I know exactly what you're talking about.  There is a grey rectangle at the bottom of the text box.  If you click on it and drag down, it expands the text box and may eliminate the problem.  Its happened to me a few times but I couldn't quite figure out under what conditions it was happening.  See if that helps.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CC

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 26, 2011, 12:21 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 26, 2011, 11:33 AM

Hey Scotty, I think I know exactly what you're talking about.  There is a grey rectangle at the bottom of the text box.  If you click on it and drag down, it expands the text box and may eliminate the problem.  Its happened to me a few times but I couldn't quite figure out under what conditions it was happening.  See if that helps.

I understand what you mean but it doesn't happen to me.
What browser are you using?

capt. scotty

I typically use Internet Explorer. I didnt really notice it happening much until a week or 2 ago..Yac's rec definitely helps but I dont think it completely solves the problem because you can only expand the text box so much
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

CC

Had a look through Explorer but everything works perfectly on my end. The box can also be expanded as much as you want. Maybe try another browser if it's really a problem.