Why Can't I log in as the old me here CC?

Started by stickyickygreenstuff, Dec 23, 2010, 12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stickyickygreenstuff

CC

what's the problem exactly? password not accepted?

el_chode

For what its worth, I couldn't use my password. I've had the same issue when migrating other forums to new software (went from a yabb to PHPbb) so I'm not surprised that happened.

Anyway, my work around was to just log in to the old board, then change my password there, and I logged in here no problem.
I'm surrounded by assholes

CC

ok, try the above sticky.

if that doesn't work let me know and i'll get you a new password

johnnYYac

I had a similar problem.  When I put in my user name (johnnYYac), then password, FAIL!  I clicked "forgot password" and got an email in which my user name was shown as "johnny_Yac", so I used that to log in successfully.  Everything else seems okay.

EDIT: Pretty cool that, while I was composing this, another reply from CC was posted, so when I clicked the "Post" button, I received a message in red that I may want to see the new post before committing to my message.  Neato.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

This is weird. Where did my posts go from last night? I made a dew entries in current joys that have dissappeared.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Dec 23, 2010, 02:02 PM
This is weird. Where did my posts go from last night? I made a dew entries in current joys that have dissappeared.
CC warned us that recent posts, say from the last few days, would not make the move, which probably explains why there weren't many new posts these past few days.  If you want it retained here, go to the old forum (which is now read only) and copy the post from there and paste it in the new forum.  I did that for two posts I did last night and wanted to survive the rebirth.

stickyickygreenstuff

yeah I think  I just fucked shit up.  I tried accessing the old board but the e-mail I was using doesn't exist anymore so I changed it.  but my e-mail addy is setup for this address so it just sent me the password for this account.  been trying to do it from my phone and it's not working out.

yeah if you could PM a new password and whatever that'd be sweet CC.  I think it has something to do with the spaces, who knows though.  I need to delete or change the e-mail for this account when I get home I think.  argh.  looking forward to scoping the new layout though. 

CC

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: CC Baxter on Dec 23, 2010, 03:14 PM
emailed you a new pass

glorrrrrrrrrrrious.  thank you kindly good sir. 

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 23, 2010, 12:35 PM

EDIT: Pretty cool that, while I was composing this, another reply from CC was posted, so when I clicked the "Post" button, I received a message in red that I may want to see the new post before committing to my message.  Neato.
Very cool new feature!! And hey! I just noticed while quoting you, it actually includes your name in the link so there's not so much guessing when multiple quotes are in the msg! OH MAN! AND I JUST NOTICED when you're typing a msg, there's a tiny little bar under the text box that you can click to expand how much of the text box you see!! Jinkies!! :o
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 23, 2010, 05:19 PM

Very cool new feature!! And hey! I just noticed while quoting you, it actually includes your name in the link so there's not so much guessing when multiple quotes are in the msg! OH MAN! AND I JUST NOTICED when you're typing a msg, there's a tiny little bar under the text box that you can click to expand how much of the text box you see!! Jinkies!! :o
Just checking out the features you mentioned.  Cool.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 23, 2010, 08:40 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Dec 23, 2010, 05:19 PM

Just checking out the features you mentioned.  Cool.
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3...

CC, post counter is not operative.  I need to break 2000 by New Years!

CC

off-topic postcount wasn't included yet. it is now.

johnnYYac

Quote from: CC Baxter on Dec 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
off-topic postcount wasn't included yet. it is now.
Thanks, my kind sir.  And a Merry Ho Ho to you and yours.

MarkW

Love the new board - thanks for the Christmas present Rhiny!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

TheBigChicken

hate this newness :'(wish we could go back....feel like a stranger when I use to feel like home
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ms. yvon

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 23, 2010, 09:11 PM

:D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

johnnYYac

Quote from: ms. yvon on Dec 29, 2010, 01:10 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 23, 2010, 09:11 PM

:D
Don't think I'm gonna make it,