It's Past Midnight, I'm Drunk, and I'm Listening To

Started by Ruckus, Dec 24, 2010, 01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I guess it was a midnight segue (since the clock is hittin AM now) so I can finish watching the last 2 episodes of The Walking Dead before I go to bed and have to be at work at 7am tomorrow!, but I just had a nice 45-minute snow shoveling sesh to J Roddy Walston & The Business' Hail Mega Boys. Snow shoveling to me sucks, especially when its closing in on a foot deep, so its best to make it like a work out and fast paced, whilst drunk. This time it was a couple Victory Hop Devils and a 6er of bourbon shots (pre-shoveling of course). I dont think I can pick a better band to drunk shovel to  8)

...its also a good idea because the 8 degree temperature without factoring windchill didnt even phase me since I was sweatin bullets
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

vespachick

It's not quite past midnite here (on Pacific time) but I got It Still Moves on. and I'm making pigs in a blanket with Better Cheddar's.  FRIDAY NIGHT!!!  :)   :beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

woodnymph

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
I guess it was a midnight segue (since the clock is hittin AM now) so I can finish watching the last 2 episodes of The Walking Dead before I go to bed and have to be at work at 7am tomorrow!, but I just had a nice 45-minute snow shoveling sesh to J Roddy Walston & The Business' Hail Mega Boys. Snow shoveling to me sucks, especially when its closing in on a foot deep, so its best to make it like a work out and fast paced, whilst drunk. This time it was a couple Victory Hop Devils and a 6er of bourbon shots (pre-shoveling of course). I dont think I can pick a better band to drunk shovel to  8)

...its also a good idea because the 8 degree temperature without factoring windchill didnt even phase me since I was sweatin bullets
Nicely done... I'm seein' a 6 on the thermometer here.... Pittsbrrrrghh gettin crucialllll
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ericm

Not drunk, but past midnight.Since it's too damn cold out, I'm listening to Phish - 07/04/10 from Alpharetta Ga, while I try and gets some things done IN the house.

Fun show and trying to remember how hot it was there that day. ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

EasyRyder

either i've gone over the line and I'm overestimating this pleasant coincidence, or this is in fact a very soothing happenstance.

I was listening to It Still Moves, and playing highlights from the 2010 Masters and THIS happened: if you start "I Will Sing You Songs" at exactly the 3:40 mark and simultaneously begin the following video, Phil Mickelson's triumphant clinching of the 2010 Masters title perfectly coincides.
Here's the youtube footage (don't forget to mute the Youtube, or else it'll get weird):

Phil Mickelson 2010 Masters Sunday Highlights
give it a try, it's kinda neat....either that or I've drunk entirely too much Don Cossack 100 proof vodka.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Tracy 2112

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jan 29, 2011, 11:22 PM
either i've gone over the line and I'm overestimating this pleasant coincidence, or this is in fact a very soothing happenstance.

I was listening to It Still Moves, and playing highlights from the 2010 Masters and THIS happened: if you start "I Will Sing You Songs" at exactly the 3:40 mark and simultaneously begin the following video, Phil Mickelson's triumphant clinching of the 2010 Masters title perfectly coincides.
Here's the youtube footage (don't forget to mute the Youtube, or else it'll get weird):

give it a try, it's kinda neat....either that or I've drunk entirely too much Don Cossack 100 proof vodka.

OK, I have been coming here for nearly 7 years and this could possibly be the greatest post EVER  :o  :thumbsup:
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jan 29, 2011, 11:22 PM

;D ;D  So I tried this earlier and I gotta say not bad man!  I'm just always amazed by stuff like this probably because I never watch TV with music on and even if I did, I'd to be too dumb to notice something like it.  If only it worked with his 1st Masters win and his LEAP of joy on the 18th green. ;D 

Great up and down by Bubba Watson on the 18th today to seal the win.

EasyRyder

Thanks for playing, Tracy and Ruckus! Although I gotta admit, a LEAP of joy would have made a much better denouement than a purse-lipped smooch with the Mrs. Mickelson  :-*

My favorite part (besides the beginning) is the building moment in the song that goes perfectly with the behind the tree insanity shot. too much, too much  ;D
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Ruckus

Hey guys!  You remember when Yes used to kick ass?  I don't because I was born in '78.  Here's this!  I'm looking forward to seeing Paul Simon at Hangout.  Regardless, if you don't care, at least jam out from around the 3:00 mark. :D

Yes - America

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 10, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hey guys!  You remember when Yes used to kick ass?  I don't because I was born in '78.  Here's this!  I'm looking forward to seeing Paul Simon at Hangout.  Regardless, if you don't care, at least jam out at the 3:00 mark. :D

Yes - America

i wish this was facebook, then i could "LOVE" this post...ha ha
and yes, i remember!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

dragonboy

The 3 or 4 Josh T Pearson tracks available prior to next weeks album release over & over again...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mjk73

It's almost 7PM, I'm hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh as hell (on really strong good beer), and listening to Dead Man's Shoes soundtrack....mainly for this awesomeness

Laurent Garnier - Forgotten Thoughts

capt. scotty

Quote from: Darklands on May 13, 2011, 07:57 PM
It's almost 7PM, I'm hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh as hell (on really strong good beer), and listening to Dead Man's Shoes soundtrack....mainly for this awesomeness

Laurent Garnier - Forgotten Thoughts

Intoxicating shit, no pun intended..

Correct, its not midnight but I started early as well!  :)

The Felice Brothers - Whiskey in my Whiskey (Live at SXSW)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

mjk73

Ruckus