Main Menu

jim's banter

Started by wallstreet, Jan 28, 2009, 05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyReds

The white trash can with the rainbow splatter paint!!! Anyone......?
As long as you keep a straight face...

PJRock75

"I eat my pees with honey, I've done it all my life.  It makes them taste real funny...but it keeps them on the knife."
The fact that my hearts' beatin'...is all the proof you'll need

ycartrob

QuoteIt wasn't the Sunsphere, was it?

8-)

AlwxanderD10

QuoteIt wasn't the Sunsphere, was it?

8-)
I think I need to explode now...

tomEisenbraun

Tracy, there are so many reasons why I love LA.
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

meggha

i love his banter, and it's not just the content. just the sound of his voice, whether he sings or speaks, is so damn soothing!!! how the fuck does he do it? keeping us all starry-eyed.
::)
"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

st. john

JohnQDriveway

The first thing I remember him saying at the Louisville show had something to do with thanking the cosmos for such a wonderful night.  He's a goofball, and that's what I like about him. He also said something about "ghostly" versions of ourselves hanging out in places we had been as kids.  At first I thought it was kind of goofy, but the more I thought about, it's a cool idea. I dig the idea of the spirit of me when I was kid running around my old neighborhood.

searchinbig

Funny at the Rialto show,9-24-08, Jim says "Man this fuckin' stage is boobytrapped, I almost broke my fuckin' leg"

A few weeks later he fell of the stage. Prophetic, maybe.

Seriously, his banter is amusing. I thought of making a cd or something with just clips of his banter.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Love Dogg

QuoteFunny at the Rialto show,9-24-08, Jim says "Man this fuckin' stage is boobytrapped, I almost broke my fuckin' leg"

Seriously, his banter is amusing. [highlight]I thought of making a cd or something with just clips of his banter[/highlight].

That's what I was hoping someone would say.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

wharf rat

He is definitely amusing.  At the Columbus show this year, he said something like "Columbus, it's great to be here in Columbus, on this glorious Columbus day."  He was a week off, the show was 10/6, and Columbus day was 10/13.  My wife and I didn't even think twice about it until on the way home, we were talking and she said "it's not Columbus day today, is it?"  
He had some other good banter, but that's all I remember.

Janet

QuoteFunny at the Rialto show,9-24-08, Jim says "Man this fuckin' stage is boobytrapped, I almost broke my fuckin' leg"

Seriously, his banter is amusing. I thought of making a cd or something with just clips of his banter.

He said that right after he almost majorly biffed it tripping over cords at the front of the stage...  

meggha

"Yeah, it's chaos, it's clocks, it's watermelons, it's everything."

lasvegas

2003-09-26 Headliners, Louisville, KY

first night at headliners at the end of a ridiculous 'run thru'.

"one of the best moments of my fucking life to be here with you guys right now."

pretty badass.

he then goes on to talk about shannon from blind melon od'ing and everyone knowing someone who has passed.

vintage jim banter.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Leontheslut

Quotei love the banter mix idea. robert pollard of guided by voices (who is responsible for some of the finest banter i've ever witnessed) has a collection called "relaxation of the asshole." my favorite jim banter is from a show he and carl did in san francisco. jim talks about a building/structure he saw while walking around the city which he thinks was built for the worlds fair. he goes on to say he'd like to bring the worlds fair back, but nobody cares anymore b/c everyone's busy watching tv...which was introduced at the world's fair, so i guess the world's fair people shot themselves in the foot
I agree about the Pollard banter. That drunk fool is funny as fuck!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

jaye

I think my favorite jj line might be "everybody loves pointillism!"  :)

MikeR1390

I've got to say my favorite was the earxtacy show when he was recalling a deja vu moment and the way he explained his cereal experience.

Love Dogg

QuoteI've got to say my favorite was the earxtacy show when he was recalling a deja vu moment and the way he explained his cereal experience.

That sounds so familiar, but I can't recall right now what he said...
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Erik26

At Pemberton Festival last year Jim rambled about our beautiful hemisphere whilst waving around a cedar branch in his magic cape!
He was out there for that show, he failed miserable at a knee slide and fell on his face.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need