Ryan Adams & the Cardinals - III/IV

Started by ralph, Dec 27, 2010, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Because the other thread didnt make the cut to new-forumland...

Just picked this up today, and after reading all the negativity was not expecting much at all.  But I'm 3/4 way through III and so far would say that this is far superior to both Cardinology & Easy Tiger (the two most blandest albums in the R.A. discography).  Loving the fact that these songs have some balls...

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ChiefOKONO

I've only listened to it about 2-3 times so far but I thought it is pretty good so far.  Different than what i expected but that is good and I am digging it.  It is nice that there are some heavier tunes on there, although sometimes he can't quite pull them off.  Must listen more!

really hope he starts touring again!

Ghosts_on_TV

Finally picked this up today. It's WAY better than I thought it was going to be based on the 30 second itunes clips I heard. Thank god.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

twofingers

I'm nuts about it right now. My DRA addiction is pretty strong but so much of these two discs just feel like the DRA I used to know. There are a couple of tracks with a little too much cursing for my style and some weak metaphors on a couple of tracks but I can get past that, the music kicks so much ass.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Ghosts_on_TV

Yeah, I'm on my second full listen and I kind of love it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ralph

I'm loving IV. It rocks like a motherfucker!

e_wind

damn i need to pick this up for my drive to chicago on friday.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

sweatboard

Just got done listening to III and was blown away by what a great record it is on it's own.  The record seems like a big fuck you to both the people that talked shit about him being sober and the people that talked shit about him being fucked up....."users" was a great song to end with.  I like how the lyrics are revisited in diffrent songs, it kind of paints a bigger picture throughout the album. He really does have an amazing way of phrasing his lyrics to fit perfectly with the music.  "happy birthday" paints a great (hilarious) picture. 
There's Still Time.........

ChiefOKONO

I've spun it several times and i like it more and more each time.  There are some pretty sweet songs on here. while not my favorite i think it's a pretty solid album.

anyone have a link to the downloads that came with it if you preordered?  missed out on that!

ralph

This is a record that truly reveals itself the more you listen to it. For those who dismissed it, go back and give it another listen. I reckon you'll be surprised...

twofingers

Quote from: ralph on Jan 08, 2011, 12:16 AM
This is a record that truly reveals itself the more you listen to it. For those who dismissed it, go back and give it another listen. I reckon you'll be surprised...

Agreed.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]