The Head and the Heart

Started by e_wind, Dec 28, 2010, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Anyone into these guys? I've never heard em, but I see they're opening for Dr.Dog in February, so I'm about to check them out.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ruckus

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 28, 2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone into these guys? I've never heard em, but I see they're opening for Dr.Dog in February, so I'm about to check them out.

Actually I was checking out their myspace page the other day because I'd never heard of them either.  I like what I've heard.  I'll be at the 930 early for sure to catch them.

EDIT:  From the 4 songs I've heard, quite a fitting opener for the Dog I think.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

I get them confused with The Hundred in the Hands. I think I like them better.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Erik26

Checked out their myspace back when Bonnaroo lineup was announced and I liked it. Found some more of their tunes on Grooveshark and liked it. Downloaded the set from SXSW and really friggin liked it! These guys seem to really come alive in a live setting. Here is the link.

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/15/134574751/sxsw-2011-the-head-and-the-heart-live-in-concert
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

e_wind

Now, months later, these guys and gal are definitely my favorite current "under card" band. They won't be in that position for long though, they'll be on Conan soon, and getting a headlinig tour later this year.  :thumbsup:

halesdd

They are opening for Iron and Wine this weekend in Cincy. I downloaded their CD and I am pretty impressed. A little late I guess hearing of them. Hope they bring it live. Saw some YouTube videos of them live for KEXP radio in Seattle and seem like they'd be good live.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

SaraBananaBear

I love this band ♥  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

sweatboard

me too, one of my favorites from bonnaroo this year.  sittting under tree, blue sky, breeze, bubbles
There's Still Time.........

Crispy

I love them a LOT. They were the highlight of the Austin City Limits festy for me. Oh, except that one band, of course.  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

The new iTunes session is awesome. Really good live stuff here

e_wind

This new version of Rivers and Roads has made this girl my new crush. And cats and dogs is way different. They're doing the "fleet foxes" thing, but way prettier than the fleet foxes

johnnYYac

Don't know if anyone here gets their emails, so...

Hello all and happy new year!

As you may already know, in September of 2011, we recorded a performance for Austin City Limits at the Moody Theater in Austin, Tx.

The episode will premiere this Saturday, January 7th at around 11:00 p.m. ET/PT on PBS! Make sure to check your local listings for an exact time near you and check http://www.acltv.com/ for all other information. We've included some teasers for you below:

A short preview of what's to come: http://video.pbs.org/video/2182010713
A look behind the scenes: http://vimeo.com/channels/acl#33808499
A song clip - Down in the Valley: http://vimeo.com/channels/acl#33809354

The episode will be available to stream online starting at midnight on Sunday, January 8th at http://video.pbs.org/program/austin-city-limits/.

Love,
Josiah, Jon, Kenny, Charity, Chris, and Tyler

The Head and The Heart Spring 2012 Tour

Sun, Mar 04   Lawrence, KS   The Granada
Mon, Mar 05   Urbana, IL       Canopy Club
Tue, Mar 06   Louisville, KY   Headliners
Thu, Mar 08   Chicago, IL       Vic Theatre - SOLD OUT
Fri, Mar 09   Indianapolis, IN   The Vogue
Sat, Mar 10   Columbus, OH   Newport Music Hall
Sun, Mar 11   Pontiac, MI       The Crofoot Ballroom
Tue, Mar 13   Toronto, ON       The Opera House
Wed, Mar 14   Montreal, QC       La Tulipe
Thu, Mar 15   South Burlington, VT   Higher Ground Ballroom
Fri, Mar 16       Portland, ME       State Theatre
Sat, Mar 17   Philadelphia, PA   Union Transfer
Sun, Mar 18   New York, NY       Terminal 5
Tue, Mar 20   Baltimore, MD       Ram's Head Live
Wed, Mar 21       Richmond, VA   The National
Fri, Mar 23       Athens, GA       40 Watt Club
Sat, Mar 24       Nashville, TN       Cannery Ballroom - SOLD OUT*
Sun, Mar 25       St. Louis, MO       The Pageant
*limited tickets still available at Grimey's

For tickets, please visit: www.theheadandtheheart.com

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

I was just going to post this, Johnny. On the ball as usual :thumbsup:

Fully

Second show on March 26th in Nashville just announced and I'm on spring break that week! I was bummed about not getting tickets to the first Nashville date, but all is well in Fully World tonight! (Could I use any! Mo!re exclamation poin!t!s!1!!!)

johnnYYac

Good for you, Fully!  Just checking them out, for the first time (!) tonight, watching their Austin City Limits performance from Saturday night.  Wild!  Not convinced she knows how to play that fiddle too well, but a really interesting and unique sound, great keyboardist and vocalists.  And I only got a small taste, so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

I'm debating the second Nashville show. Its on a monday, which makes it rough since my spring break is the week before i think.

I will be attending Louisville and Indianapolis though.

Fully

If you decide to go, I'll see you there.

e_wind

Damn harsh. Thats a huge 180 degree turn from my review in the Forevastle thread

BH

Wow, I wasn't there obviously but based on the ACL show I've watched 8-10 times and the live radio session I own, I really couldn't disagree more about his general observations of them.   I think they write great, very creative songs and the fact that there are three different vocalists makes for a nice mix of sound.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.