Palin's Bra: Support for Quitters (of nicotine delivery products)

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 01, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_wizzard

Quote from: mahg33ta on Aug 28, 2011, 07:59 AM
Quote from: the_wizzard on Aug 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Aug 26, 2011, 08:14 PM
I will match the offer I gave to John to anyone else on this thread.

Announce on here you are quitting smoking, and hold out for 4 months, and I'll send you an MMJ poster.    I can't promise it'll be a tennessee fire era one.

Must be a serious, regular smoker (and on honor system!)

ehem, 9 months strong here
*cough cough*

;)

Well, I can't supply everyone who's ever quit, but since that was right around Johnny's start too, that sounds fair!  PM me your address....
No worries, Mahg33ta, just some good natured ribbing there.  The Yac and I quit just about at the same time yes (he started this thread for support right after I quit and it saved me many a time).  My greatest reward is finally being free of the monkey on my back, so no post-quit prizes are required. 

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Nice work, Eric!  The first couple of weeks are the hardest.  If you've made it this far 100% smoke cigarette-free, your on your way!  Keep it up. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Hawkeye

cool app, just snagged it.  maybe it will motivate me...i struggle with the whole "i'm such a light smoker, do i really need to quit?" mentality.  I had three last night...I probably average 3-4 a week...i dunno.
We could.

e_wind

thanks man, but no need. besides the fact that I own multiple copies of that, no need to reward me for 2 measly weeks. im rewarding myself by feeling better. (and by calculating the money I save to try and make it to the evasive NYC MMJ show this year!)

mahg33ta

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 01, 2011, 10:06 PM
thanks man, but no need. besides the fact that I own multiple copies of that, no need to reward me for 2 measly weeks. im rewarding myself by feeling better. (and by calculating the money I save to try and make it to the evasive NYC MMJ show this year!)

hmmm- that was a joke, maybe not a very funny one.   For 2 "measly weeks", I was trying to think of the lamest award possible.

jones

e_wind

1 month smoke free. One of my best drinking buddies has also quit, and my girlfriend doesn't smoke in the car or at my house anymore which has all made it kind of okay.  :bath:

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 17, 2011, 11:12 AM
1 month smoke free. One of my best drinking buddies has also quit, and my girlfriend doesn't smoke in the car or at my house anymore which has all made it kind of okay.  :bath:
Good work, Eric.  Its tough but, with support, quite doable.  Sounds like you've got the support- here, at home, and that app is way cool.  Wish I had a smart phone when I started quitting, for a number of reasons. 

260 days smoke free!

e_wind

i forgot about this. its gotten pretty easy if im anywhere but a bar. 4 months will be thursday. the day after MSG.

i think MSG is my treat for finishing a terrible semester and quitting smoking

the_wizzard

Good work! Next week is my 1 year anniversary! I can't believe I smoked for as long as I did and I am so glad I quit. Stay strong, you can do it!

johnnYYac

344 days smoke free!  Three weeks to my one year anniversary.  Congrats Ms. Wiz and ewind. 

iLikeBeer

Just wanted to say great work and congrats to all who have stayed the course and those just starting their campaign to quit!   :thumbsup:  :beer:

It's been 11+ years since I smoked my last cigarette and I don't miss a damn thing about it!  Especially now that Ohio has gone smoke free in all public places and noting the significant increase in how much it costs to smoke since I quit.   :o  I'm always questioning those choosing to freeze their asses off to go and smoke outside in the winter wondering if it's worth it?  I know my answer would be a big HELL NO!   ;D

e_wind

i miss a lot of damn things about it ha, but i cant really say why the hell i ever started to be honest. peer pressure is real i guess

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 11, 2011, 10:19 PM
i miss a lot of damn things about it ha, but i cant really say why the hell i ever started to be honest. peer pressure is real i guess

You'll get there I promise!   :thumbsup:

I missed a lot of things at first as well.  Bars KILLED me for a while especially since they weren't smoke free when I quit.  After dinner smokes were killer to get over as well.   :D

tdb810

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 11, 2011, 10:19 PM

Addiction is REAL.  So awesome that you have come this far!  And luckily there is NO SMOKING in bars in NYC, so that helps ;)

Big healthy congrats out to those who have stayed quit for SO long! No easy task.  For those still struggling, keep trying....most smokers try 6 or 7 times before they quit for good. 
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Still smoke-free, since 1:30 am on January 1, 2011.  :)  After 25 years of 1+ packs a day.  Losing weight is harder.   :(

jones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Losing weight is harder.   :(
Do you have an iPhone? The My Fitness Pal ap can change your life. It's all about accountability and this app is the perfect tool.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com

johnnYYac

Quote from: jones on Apr 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
Losing weight is harder.   :(
Do you have an iPhone? The My Fitness Pal ap can change your life. It's all about accountability and this app is the perfect tool.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com
Thanks, Rowan.  I actually use (well, "used"... I've taken a 2 week break) a very similar app called LoseIt! Since I NEED to get back on the horse, I may give MyFitnessPal a try.  I lost 15 lbs. "easy", then leveled off.