People of Louisville (or people who have been there)

Started by SaraBananaBear, Jan 04, 2011, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twofingers

If they're downtown and they want to go the path well traveled they can hit 4th Street Alive, all sorts of bars and activity over there (unless it's Christmas Day). PT's is a fine club for the 20 somethings male. The Louisville Slugger factory tour is actually pretty cool and I don't even like sports. Other than that go to 37flood.com and find some sweet tunes to go see.

Louisville kicks ass.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Hawkeye

This thread is getting me excited!  To go to Louisville, that is.  We were planning on staying at the Hyatt on/near 4th St. unless anyone has a better suggestion on where to stay?  My GF has been doing most of the research so far...she says the Hyatt looks like it's near where the action is...
We could.

jones

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 07, 2011, 01:23 PM
This thread is getting me excited!  To go to Louisville, that is.  We were planning on staying at the Hyatt on/near 4th St. unless anyone has a better suggestion on where to stay?  My GF has been doing most of the research so far...she says the Hyatt looks like it's near where the action is...
I have stayed at the Hyatt a lot and it is nice and in a good location.  It is across the street from Fourth Street Live.  My advice: Even if you're tempted, don't go to Fourth Street Live at night.  It's not so bad for lunch...

jones

Quote from: flyguy on Jan 07, 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 07, 2011, 01:23 PM
I have stayed at the Hyatt a lot and it is nice and in a good location.  It is across the street from Fourth Street Live.  My advice: Even if you're tempted, don't go to Fourth Street Live at night.  It's not so bad for lunch, but there are plenty of other places to go. 
You should definitely hit up Lynn's Paradise Cafe for brunch one day.  Oh, and call in a reservation.  That place is a madhouse, especially on the weekend...

aMillionDreams

I would steer clear of 4th street live, too much of a dude-bro scene for me at least.  If you want a bar scene go to Bardstown Rd.  There's some good bars near downtown, Louisville Beer Store and BBC to name a few. 610 Magnolia is a good place for local food and good drink. Any of you all headed to da ville should hit me up and if I'm free I'll do my best to help you live it up!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

Looking like I'll be in Louisville for at least a couple of hours on Sunday... going to Indy tomorrow for the Colts-Jets game and will probably stay up there until Sunday morning.  My cousin and I need to pick some stuff up for his father's girlfriend in Louisville so hopefully we'll explore for a little.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

Hi guys, so we are looking for a great place to grab lunch in Louisville today.  Any ideas of where to go?  My cousin isn't as adventurous with food as I am and we are both pretty broke so we're looking for something fairly inexpensive.  Also, my cousin is in a wheelchair that just had new batteries installed but the battery meter says they are less than half full of power (we aren't sure the meter is working) but we want to be on the safe side so any place that's not too far off the beaten path and handicapped accessible is needed. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

headed out now, looks like we'll be headed to Lynn's Paradise Cafe for lunch

AMightyCaporal

Well it was a successful trip to Lynn's Paradise, very fun place and the food was good- we brought home a bunch of leftovers!  Our waitress was this very sweet and pretty girl named Nicki who looked crazy familiar to me but I couldn't place it.  I wanted to ask her but felt like it totally would come on as a pick up line so I decided against it.  Thanks to all those who gave suggestions- maybe next time I get in the area it'll be warmer and I'll have time to explore and hit a bar or something.

Many thanks!

Penny Lane

Quote from: AMightyCaporal on Jan 09, 2011, 04:06 PM
Well it was a successful trip to Lynn's Paradise, very fun place and the food was good- we brought home a bunch of leftovers!  Our waitress was this very sweet and pretty girl named Nicki who looked crazy familiar to me but I couldn't place it.  I wanted to ask her but felt like it totally would come on as a pick up line so I decided against it.  Thanks to all those who gave suggestions- maybe next time I get in the area it'll be warmer and I'll have time to explore and hit a bar or something.

Many thanks!

Nicole Atkins maybe? Was she able to carry 7 plates at once?
I keed I keed. Hey Cap!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

AMightyCaporal

Hawkeye

Heading to Louisville this Friday night-early Sunday...

Planning on eating at one of the places mentioned above, walking up Bardstown road, hitting up EarXtacy, and maybe trying to find an art gallery (Kathleen Lolley?).  Anyone know of any good gigs in town this weekend, or any other suggestions?  I think our hotel is near 4th St. Live...avoid that or go?  Was thinking we might check out 4th St. Live on Friday night...we won't get into town until 10 or so, it's right near the hotel, and we'll have to be in bed by midnight or shortly after.  Saturday night, we'll have most of the day and all night to explore the city.  Gotta be back to Ohio early Sunday to catch the Super Bowl!
We could.

e_wind

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 04, 2011, 09:48 PM
You could go down to the church but I hear security's pretty tight these days.

i have no plans on going down and trying to be a douche to the boys, but out of curiosity what church is it? based on the pictures I feel like I've been there (which is odd because im not a religious man) but I can't put a pin on it.

edit: if its like outskirts of town or basically not downtown or highlands area then I have not been there. its reminding me a church that i've maybe been in that has a school or preschool or something. and I dont actually expect you to tell me, so i'll ask again when the record is released
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

aMillionDreams

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2011, 03:18 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 04, 2011, 09:48 PM
You could go down to the church but I hear security's pretty tight these days.

i have no plans on going down and trying to be a douche to the boys, but out of curiosity what church is it? based on the pictures I feel like I've been there (which is odd because im not a religious man) but I can't put a pin on it.

edit: if its like outskirts of town or basically not downtown or highlands area then I have not been there. its reminding me a church that i've maybe been in that has a school or preschool or something. and I dont actually expect you to tell me, so i'll ask again when the record is released

First Evangelical Church on the corner of Breckinridge and Barrett.  I don't believe they have church services there anymore.  Don't know when they stopped though.

aMillionDreams

Quote from: Hawkeye on Feb 02, 2011, 02:04 PM

Planning on eating at one of the places mentioned above, walking up Bardstown road, hitting up EarXtacy, and maybe trying to find an art gallery (Kathleen Lolley?).  Anyone know of any good gigs in town this weekend, or any other suggestions?  I think our hotel is near 4th St. Live...avoid that or go?  Was thinking we might check out 4th St. Live on Friday night...we won't get into town until 10 or so, it's right near the hotel, and we'll have to be in bed by midnight or shortly after.  Saturday night, we'll have most of the day and all night to explore the city.  Gotta be back to Ohio early Sunday to catch the Super Bowl!

The WHY Louisville store has some Lolley stuff for sale.  Kopilot on Bonnycastle ought to as well.  No great gigs this weekend unfortunately. Scott Carney has a gig this weekend, but that's about it.  You caught us on a slow weekend.  If you wanna grab a pint let me know.

e_wind

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Feb 02, 2011, 03:35 PM

The WHY Louisville store has some Lolley stuff for sale.  Kopilot on Bonnycastle ought to as well.  No great gigs this weekend unfortunately. Scott Carney has a gig this weekend, but that's about it.  You caught us on a slow weekend.  If you wanna grab a pint let me know.

whooaaa where's scott's gig I haven't heard of this
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Hawkeye

Thanks aMD...yeah checked out 37flood and saw the carney gig...will probably go to that unless something better comes up?  Never seen him solo...love Wax Fang tho!  Wish the whole band was playing that night.  I may hit you up for a pint tho...I hear there's some birthday festivities going on?  Friday or Saturday?  PM me with details and your digits if you feel so inclined.
We could.

Ruckus

Quote from: Hawkeye on Feb 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
PM me with details and your digits if you feel so inclined.
Cute :coffee: :-*
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Hawkeye

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 02, 2011, 04:20 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Feb 02, 2011, 04:11 PM
PM me with details and your digits if you feel so inclined.
Cute :coffee: :-*

Haha.  I mean tell me where the fuck you an' yo boyz be at and will kick it, bangin' hoes, droppin' bows, smokin' endo...word.

Ok, that was awful.  I'm white and from Iowa ok?
We could.

aMillionDreams

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 02, 2011, 04:00 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Feb 02, 2011, 03:35 PM

whooaaa where's scott's gig I haven't heard of this

You gotta check the Flood, brother!

www.37flood.com