Conor Oberst, Bright Eyes, Mystic Valley Band etc.

Started by SaraBananaBear, Jan 05, 2011, 05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 07, 2011, 12:53 PM
I'm also listening to One Jug of Wine, Two Vessels right now... the not-bright eyes songs are really good.

Wooah, wooaah, are you saying the Bright Eyes songs on that one aren't good! :o Happy Accident is excellent, no arguing mister! ;) I'm a huge fan of Rollerskating though, and all the other Neva Dinova songs on there too, but Spring Cleaning was written by Conor... both versions are excellent, but I think the Conor version might be just a tad better 'cause of the piano.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

scosby2

Just got my "I Want It All" package. A WHOLE WEEK EARLY!! Gotta love saddle creek. I must say that the vinyl is wonderful, the packaging is excellent, and all the extra things are awesome. Gonna be a great night!!

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 08, 2011, 07:09 PM
Just got my "I Want It All" package. A WHOLE WEEK EARLY!! Gotta love saddle creek. I must say that the vinyl is wonderful, the packaging is excellent, and all the extra things are awesome. Gonna be a great night!!

Yay, sounds great! I can't wait to get mine! :D Guess it might take a while longer for it to get to Sweden though...

scosby2

Sara, have you seen any setlists from the past couple of nights? I figured you would be attending a couple of them. So far not one person has posted anything about the new shows and it's killing me. I can't wait to find out what they are gonna be playing live for the new tour. I saw in one interview where he said that they were gonna be doing a lot of the older songs in the same style as the new record and they are gonna be touring with a lot of new equipment as well as two new huge keyboard rigs. Should be wonderful...

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 09, 2011, 05:43 AM
Sara, have you seen any setlists from the past couple of nights? I figured you would be attending a couple of them. So far not one person has posted anything about the new shows and it's killing me. I can't wait to find out what they are gonna be playing live for the new tour. I saw in one interview where he said that they were gonna be doing a lot of the older songs in the same style as the new record and they are gonna be touring with a lot of new equipment as well as two new huge keyboard rigs. Should be wonderful...

Yeah the setlist looked like this, according to reports:
Firewall
Haile Selassie
Gold Mine Gutted
Lover I Don't Have To Love
Four Winds
Bowl Of Oranges
Old Soul Song
Shell Games
Approximate Sunlight
Arc Of Time
Jejune Stars
Falling Out Of Love At This Volume
Hot Knives
No One Would Riot For Less
Beginner's Mind
Cartoon Blues
Poison Oak
Nothing Gets Crossed Out
The Calendar Hung Itself

Encore
Lua
Padriac My Prince
Road To Joy
One For You, One For Me

Shell Games
Bright Eyes - Shell Games (Live in Glasgow, 8th of Feb 2011)

Lua
Bright Eyes - Lua (Live)

The trumpet on Lua just kills me, it's so beautiful! I'll be seeing them on the 16th in Stockholm and then later in June in London  :D

scosby2

Looks awesome!! Love the setlist...can't wait til March 4th

hacksaw

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 09, 2011, 05:56 PM
Looks awesome!! Love the setlist...can't wait til March 4th

Me too! I wonder how much they'll change it around? I read this morning that Conor said they got 200 shows booked this year (http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/music-reviews/bright-eyes-oran-mor-glasgow-1.1084293), that sounds to me like you'd want to mix it up a little, at least after a 100 shows or so...  ;)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: hacksaw on Feb 10, 2011, 01:56 AM
Singularity is really f*ckin good yall.

Indeed, it took me a few listens, but now I really love it too :) Which song is your album favorite though, still  beginner's mind?

SaraBananaBear

Last nights setlist:
Firewall
Jejune Stars
Arc of Time (Time Code)
Cleanse Song
We Are Nowhere and it's Now
Something Vague
Four Winds
Triple Spiral
A Machine Spiritual (In the People's Key)
Take it Easy (Love Nothing)
Approximate Sunlight
False Advertising
Falling Out of Love at This Volume
Beginner's Mind
Spring Cleaning
Shell Games
Bowl of Oranges
Lover I Don't Have to Love
Lua

Encore:
Gold Mine Gutted
Haile Selassie
Something Vague
The Calendar Hung Itself
One for You, One for Me

Really love Spring Cleaning and Cleanse Song is just brilliant as well, I really hope they play Spring Cleaning in Stockholm! :D

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 10, 2011, 09:16 AM
Last nights setlist:
Firewall
Jejune Stars
Arc of Time (Time Code)
Cleanse Song
Something Vague
Four Winds
Triple Spiral
Approximate Sunlight
False Advertising
Beginner's Mind
Spring Cleaning
Shell Games
Bowl of Oranges
Lua

Encore:
Gold Mine Gutted
Haile Selassie
Something Vague
The Calendar Hung Itself
One for You, One for Me

Really love Spring Cleaning and Cleanse Song is just brilliant as well, I really hope they play Spring Cleaning in Stockholm! :D

Something vague twice?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 10, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 10, 2011, 09:16 AM
Last nights setlist:
Firewall
Jejune Stars
Arc of Time (Time Code)
Cleanse Song
Something Vague
Four Winds
Triple Spiral
Approximate Sunlight
False Advertising
Beginner's Mind
Spring Cleaning
Shell Games
Bowl of Oranges
Lua

Encore:
Gold Mine Gutted
Haile Selassie
Something Vague
The Calendar Hung Itself
One for You, One for Me

Something vague twice?

Yup, they were supposed to playn Poison Oak (the second time), but some lady shouted out for Something Vague until Conor eventually said that he'd be a human jukebox and play it again.  ???

e_wind

Yeah, this album is growing on me a lot. I may try and attend this Nashville show now.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

scosby2

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 10, 2011, 02:52 PM
Yeah, this album is growing on me a lot. I may try and attend this Nashville show now.

It is a really good album. I wasn't so sure my first listen but now that I have listened to it for a few days it has really grown on me. I honestly couldn't tell you a favorite song because each one has something in it I really like. I really hope he continues to make Bright Eyes songs. I know I had had a ball at their shows over the last 5 or 6 years. I'm so glad they are visiting the south on this tour...

SaraBananaBear

Sounds great, it'd be nice to see some forum member reviews  :)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 10, 2011, 05:46 PM

It is a really good album. I wasn't so sure my first listen but now that I have listened to it for a few days it has really grown on me. I honestly couldn't tell you a favorite song because each one has something in it I really like. I really hope he continues to make Bright Eyes songs. I know I had had a ball at their shows over the last 5 or 6 years. I'm so glad they are visiting the south on this tour...

I have a hard time picking a favorite song too, it they're all so good and they just keep getting better the more I listen to them. If Conor does take a break from Bright Eyes, I wonder what he'll do instead? What did you think of his solo album and the MVB stuff? I loved all of it,  I even like the rap... ;)

e_wind

I hope for a follow up Monsters of Folk album everyday. Thats what should happen next in Conor's future.

hacksaw

who the hell said naming a song haile selassie isnt okay? i dont understand this.

e_wind

touchingmept2

So who's the guy speaking on the first track?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.