Conor Oberst, Bright Eyes, Mystic Valley Band etc.

Started by SaraBananaBear, Jan 05, 2011, 05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hacksaw

hacksaw

I have a live acoustic version of 'Cleanse Song' that is soo. SOOO much fucking better than the version on Cassadaga. He gets way EMO CORE on it. ALL OF ARE JOOOOOY. AND ALL OF OUR...SAARRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

hacksaw

none of you will ever hear it, its super rare yall and i'm not sharing it. gonna have to stick to your super lame cassadaga version/the lame versions he usually performs live other than that one acoustic performance that you will never hear :D

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 10, 2011, 07:17 PM
I hope for a follow up Monsters of Folk album everyday. Thats what should happen next in Conor's future.

Another MoF album would be lovely for sure, only problem would be for all four to have a clear schedule I suppose?  ???
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 10, 2011, 11:03 PM
That may be my favorite song on the album.

It is very, very good. I keep trying to decide which one I like more, but I put one on and go, this one probably, when the next one comes, no this one, or this one...  :D Right now it's probably Beginner's Mind and Haile Selassie though and Ladder Song and...  ;)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Feb 10, 2011, 11:37 PM
So who's the guy speaking on the first track?

Denny Brewer, singer and guitarist for the father/son band, Refried Ice Cream.  :)

scosby2

I've loved all of his side projects and stuff. I liked MOF much more than the mystic valley band. I like his self-titled album with MVB much more than outer south though. I used a netflix rental to get "Spend an evening with Saddle Creek" a documentary on the album labels roots. It is very interesting to see him when he was so young just getting started. I recommend it to any big fan. I figure the MOF will sit down next winter after a big year for MMJ with the release of the new album. That means the new MOF album will be in our hands in the fall of 12 or winter or 13. In my opinion anyway

Penny Lane

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 11, 2011, 07:47 AM
I've loved all of his side projects and stuff. I liked MOF much more than the mystic valley band. I like his self-titled album with MVB much more than outer south though. I used a netflix rental to get "Spend an evening with Saddle Creek" a documentary on the album labels roots. It is very interesting to see him when he was so young just getting started. I recommend it to any big fan. I figure the MOF will sit down next winter after a big year for MMJ with the release of the new album. That means the new MOF album will be in our hands in the fall of 12 or winter or 13. In my opinion anyway

thanks, seth! putting that on my netflix list now..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mahg33ta

just checking back in-  for me, the album hasn't grabbed me yet... kind of unfortunate as I want to like it and have concert tickets -  It's interesting, I respect it, but the songs aren't growing on me.    I'll keep trying  :-\

hacksaw

lol @ the shell games music video. conor trying to be the gay guy from the cure.

HighlySuspicious

The official video for Shell Games:

Bright Eyes - Shell Games

I won't lie, I'm not an immediate fan of the video, but maybe it will grow on me.  The album took a little while to sink in too.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: HighlySuspicious on Feb 17, 2011, 12:56 AM

I won't lie, I'm not an immediate fan of the video, but maybe it will grow on me.  The album took a little while to sink in too.

Most Bright Eyes videos suck.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

hacksaw

darkglow

Quote from: hacksaw on Feb 17, 2011, 03:50 PM
jim james is nothing without the MOF

the mmj forum is nothing without hacksaw

scosby2

hacksaw

touchingmept2

The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Feb 19, 2011, 10:40 PM
Can someone elaborate on "beginners mind"?

I could probably elaborate all day long, any specific area you're interested in? :D ;)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 17, 2011, 08:17 AM
Quote from: HighlySuspicious on Feb 17, 2011, 12:56 AM

Most Bright Eyes videos suck.

At first thought I was like, yeah that's true, but then I thought I really like the First Day of My Life video and that Easy/Lucky/Free one and Four Winds come to think of it and At the Bottom of Everything and even the one for Hot Knives. Only one that I don't like is Lover I Don't Have to Love and well, Bowl of Oranges is okay, it's just that the quality of the YouTube versions are kind of bad. I haven't made my mind up about Coyote Song just yet and I agree with you miss HS, not an immediate fan of the new video, but it might grow on me.