Decemberists - The King is Dead

Started by Murph, Jan 05, 2011, 08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

I love it. Rox in the box is kind of a weird song though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Murph

only have given it one spin so far, but im liking it alot also.  Not to say I was a huge fan of their other stuff, but this is definitely my favorite record of theirs already.  Killing it with the harmonica in a couple of songs

ALady

Sounds like Peter Buck, Neil Young and Gary Louris having an awkward three-way.  ;D

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ruckus

Quote from: ALady on Jan 05, 2011, 11:41 PM
Sounds like Peter Buck, Neil Young and Gary Louris having an awkward three-way.  ;D
Do you mean oddly sedate? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Hahaha. Today I mean awkward.   ;D

darkglow

i like it..

hazards of love had colin sounding very monotoned and flat most of the way through

on this one you can tell he's using alot of different range in his tonality and the muziks are put together very well.

ralph

Quote from: ALady on Jan 05, 2011, 11:41 PM

I have so far resisted listening to the stream as I want to enjoy this album for the first time with good sound, but now I really want to listen.

I feel that poor Gary would kind of be a third wheel in that sandwich ALady, and you just know that Neil would only be involved if it was done his way. And well, Peter sleeps with every band in town in terms of offering his services so you know he'll be up for it...

But yeah, can't wait to hear this!!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ALady

Quote from: ralph on Jan 06, 2011, 06:22 AM
I feel that poor Gary would kind of be a third wheel in that sandwich ALady, and you just know that Neil would only be involved if it was done his way. And well, Peter sleeps with every band in town in terms of offering his services so you know he'll be up for it...

Spot on, ralph, spot on   ;D  You know Gary'd be all "where's my glasses?"

ralph

This record may just be a little bit too 'lovely' for it's own good. Still, it's got it's moments, they may be REM's moments from 1983, but they're still good moments!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Im The Dude

I just got tickets for them on apr 21th....has anyone seen them live before? This will be the first for me.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11