Freaks and Geeks Reunion!

Started by wolof7, Jan 06, 2011, 10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

For me this is probably in my top 3 (actually it's probably no. 1)favorite shows of all-time despite only being 18 episodes long...It is my most cherished DVD collection and every time I revisit it, it leaves me with so much joy (and saddness that it's ended.)

Therefore when I read this news, albeit not a full televised reunion, I was elated to know that those same actors and show creators would once again recognize what so many had missed. Anyone else excited, or can possibly be a part of this event? I do not know much about the Paley TV Fest.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Freaks-Geeks-Reunion-Coming-28625.html
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Crispy

Wow, this sounds cool! By freaky coincidence, I just watched the last episode last night on the DVD from netflix. Yeah, the room got dusty.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

That last episode is just amazing.

I related to Lindsay a lot, but I wish I'd been brave enough to get in the van when I was her age.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Jan 06, 2011, 03:27 PM
That last episode is just amazing.

I related to Lindsay a lot, but I wish I'd been brave enough to get in the van when I was her age.
Hey, you're on the microbus now, aren'tcha?  ;D

I loved seeing Franco play D&D with the geeks. "I guess we're cool guys, now, huh?"
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Jaimoe

I always meant to watch this show when it was on TV. Anything with Joe Flaherty in it is worth watching.

Crispy

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jan 06, 2011, 04:12 PM
I always meant to watch this show when it was on TV. Anything with Joe Flaherty in it is worth watching.
Flaherty was great in this show! There is one episode in particular ("Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers") that you might enjoy in which he listens to several Who records to decide whether Lindsay can go to their concert -- his interpretation of "Squeezebox" seals the decision.  ;D

Jaimoe

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 06, 2011, 04:20 PM
Flaherty was great in this show! There is one episode in particular ("Dead Dogs and Gym Teachers") that you might enjoy in which he listens to several Who records to decide whether Lindsay can go to their concert -- his interpretation of "Squeezebox" seals the decision.  ;D

Flaherty is a comic genius. A true treasure.

wolof7

Let me put it like this: YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW!

esp. if you love Joe Flahrety and consider yourself a discerning critic of the entertainment arts!

Jaimoe

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 06, 2011, 04:27 PM

Let me put it like this: YOU MUST WATCH THIS SHOW!

esp. if you love Joe Flahrety and consider yourself a discerning critic of the entertainment arts!

Always meant to pick up the DVD set too. No excuses!

ALady

It's definitely one to own. 

kydiddle

Damn you, people! Now I have to watch the show again. The one where Neal thinks his dad is cheating on his mom always stood out for me...the scene where they ride around on their bikes with the garage door opener. Fantastic show. Well-written, well acted. It's a shame it only went one season, but then again the last episode is so perfect it's kind of nice how it ended.
Cow temperature.

wolof7

Soooooooo which were you?

I played Magic, caught Lord of the Rings on opening night and hosted wall ball tourney's on the back of the local toys r us (big wall) on the weekends with my geek friends. But I also smoked weed caught every phish show I could.  But also played sports year round?? Freak, Geek, Jock?

kydiddle

Serious props to you wolof for starting this thread.

I was in the "miscellaneous" group in high school. I played violin and had a small group of friends, but managed to get along with everyone. I was kind of punchy in high school and didn't have a boyfriend until senior year because I was a bit of a cynical, opinionated smartass. I wore Airwalks and my brothers' old flannel shirts and put next to no effort into my appearance. Since my last name starts with a "Z" I sat in the back of most classes and would read instead of taking notes. When I was a freshman, my best friend and I would have the same ritual almost every weekend. We would rent "Legends of the Fall" on Friday nights then we would wake up the next morning and sit on her sidewalk in lawn chairs laughing at the obnoxious kid across the street as he tried to make it down his front porch in roller skates.

Good times.
Cow temperature.

aMillionDreams

I am also a fan of this series though I don't own it.  I rented it from netflix and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thanks for the heads up!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

wolof7

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 06, 2011, 08:26 PM
my last name starts with a "Z" I sat in the back of most classes

Sounds like you were the class badass ;)

ALady

I was pretty much exactly like Lindsay.  Reluctant mathlete struggling to break free from my nerdy pigeonhole and run wild with the hippies and the burnouts.

Also my best friend was a total Kim Kelly.

ChiefOKONO

AWESOME show.. thanks for the post and bringing back some good memories.
excited to see what comes of this and hope there is some video!

kydiddle

Quote from: wolof7 on Jan 06, 2011, 08:43 PM
my last name starts with a "Z" I sat in the back of most classes

Sounds like you were the class badass ;)

Oh, yeah. Total badass.  ;D
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

Have meant to get around to this show but have yet to do it...I guess since its basically only 1.5 seasons long, shouldnt be hard to watch it all.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Serious props to you wolof for starting this thread.

I was in the "miscellaneous" group in high school. I played violin and had a small group of friends, but managed to get along with everyone. I was kind of punchy in high school and didn't have a boyfriend until senior year because I was a bit of a cynical, opinionated smartass. I wore Airwalks and my brothers' old flannel shirts and put next to no effort into my appearance. Since my last name starts with a "Z" I sat in the back of most classes and would read instead of taking notes. When I was a freshman, my best friend and I would have the same ritual almost every weekend. We would rent "Legends of the Fall" on Friday nights then we would wake up the next morning and sit on her sidewalk in lawn chairs laughing at the obnoxious kid across the street as he tried to make it down his front porch in roller skates.

Good times.

love this post..reminds me of Juno...but you didn't get preggers
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill