Main Menu

7:38

Started by megalicious, Jan 06, 2011, 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

7:38 into "I Will Sing You Songs"

It's guaranteed to make your heart smile.
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

johnnYYac

Quote from: megalicious on Jan 06, 2011, 10:15 AM
7:38 into "I Will Sing You Songs"

It's guaranteed to make your heart smile.
:)
My students are wondering why I'm going to the 7:38 mark of IWSYS.  We listened to it.  I understand.  They are confused. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Yes! This was one of the moments that completely sold me when I started listening to MMJ, and part of what makes that song one of my top favorites. Strangely enough, it reminds me of Frank Zappa's Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up.

Also, that bit was chosen for the intro music for the It Still Moves show at T5, which I thought was absolutely perfect.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

el_chode

Ever have a moment from a song etch something permanently into your mind?

It was sometime in the fall of 2003 - one of those nights where the air is an entirely neutral temperature. A bunch of us were on the lawn of our first college apartment, in various states of mind after an evening of illegal BBQing (we had a charcoal grill on a 2nd floor enclosed porch), and I just remember feeling the grass between my toes and thinking as the "outro was on, "this is the right song for the moment". I'll never forget it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

TheKnoxvilleBear

Anyone know the chords or tabs for this part? I'm gonna sit at my keyboard today and try to figure it out.

kydiddle

This song kills me. Killllllllls me.

Good post, meg.
Cow temperature.

AMightyCaporal

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

RastaRunner5

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 06, 2011, 10:45 AM
Also, that bit was chosen for the intro music for the It Still Moves show at T5, which I thought was absolutely perfect.
8)

Schmokenvontoken

from 7:28--> 8:25 It sounds like a spaceship full of soul is crashing towards the earth at unfathomably slow speeds, crashing its cymbals of panic and melodic beeps of warning and finally succumbs to spirit that mmj embodies, the brake lever is reared back with righteous joy, stopping the ship inches before impact, letting out all that potential energy into one deafening screech of splendor. only just an opinion of course :)
-my regards to the magic that is mmj
There will be Bigotry and Open Minds*
There will be days of Peace~
I hope you have the Time^

johnnYYac

Quote from: Schmokenvontoken on Jan 14, 2011, 06:30 PM
from 7:28--> 8:25 It sounds like a spaceship full of soul is crashing towards the earth at unfathomably slow speeds, crashing its cymbals of panic and melodic beeps of warning and finally succumbs to spirit that mmj embodies, the brake lever is reared back with righteous joy, stopping the ship inches before impact, letting out all that potential energy into one deafening screech of splendor. only just an opinion of course :)
-my regards to the magic that is mmj
So it didn't really do anything for you?   ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

touchingmept2

Not trying to ruin the moment but I think I'm gonna use this song as the wifey and I's first dance at our wedding.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

el_chode

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Jan 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
Not trying to ruin the moment but I think I'm gonna use this song as the wifey and I's first dance at our wedding.

I just got married. We were going to do Lowdown but wanted to cut past the "cheating" part of the song but it proved to be a hard edit.

Instead, we used Golden, and I made a really good "wedding edit" of the song to cut it down to like 2.5 minutes instead, because we didn't want to bore the shit out of our guests by just watching us - plus my mom requested a 7 minute song so I had to negotiate for time
I'm surrounded by assholes

TGMC421

I love it!  It's been my ringtone for quite some time now.  Glad to see it get the recognition it deserves.

scosby2

I really never will forget when this came on at T5. I had one of the biggest smiles on my face and I realized that at that moment in time I was exactly where I was supposed to be. It felt absolutely perfect

kydiddle

Quote from: scosby2 on Jan 17, 2011, 02:51 PM
I really never will forget when this came on at T5. I had one of the biggest smiles on my face and I realized that at that moment in time I was exactly where I was supposed to be. It felt absolutely perfect

You're going to make me cry.
Cow temperature.