Pearl Jam Destination Concert

Started by CTdeadhead, Jan 06, 2011, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Has anyone heard a release date for the Cameron Crowe documentary??
There's Still Time.........

CTdeadhead

e_wind

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Mar 08, 2011, 09:16 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Mar 08, 2011, 01:36 PM
Kansas City?????

My thoughts exactly....hmmmmm.

You saw their FB post today, I'm assuming. Seems like a random thing to post for the hell of it...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

joe v

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 08, 2011, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard a release date for the Cameron Crowe documentary??
[/quote
I'm hearing sometime early September during the film festival in Toronto when PJ is touring there. I already have plans to be there. And I already have a hotel booked for the PJ 20 shows at Alpine Valley  :D Labor Day weekend, announcement comes Monday ;).
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

Seeker

The 10 Club tweeted yesterday. See below. Obviously Alpine Valley followed by a Canadian Tour. Can't wait for the Monday announcement. Latest rumors don't seem to include MMJ, but there haven't been MMJ shows announced over Labor Day weekend, so who knows?

Tweet (gasp) Tweet

The little birdie fluttered and landed with great force on our picnic blanket.

"Where have you been and what's with the backpack?" we inquired.

"I've been so busy making plans, trying to get everything ready for a special weekend. And do you know how hard it is to fly with a pack on my back?" the birdie said.

"Ah...a special destination weekend perhaps?" we said.

The little birdie exclaimed, "Well, of course! Have you been living in a valley? Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."

"Ok, little birdie, thank you for the heads-up. We appreciate it. Where are you going next, birdie?" we said.

"To the great white North!"

weeniebeenie

Quote from: Seeker on May 14, 2011, 02:02 PM
The 10 Club tweeted yesterday. See below. Obviously Alpine Valley followed by a Canadian Tour. Can't wait for the Monday announcement. Latest rumors don't seem to include MMJ, but there haven't been MMJ shows announced over Labor Day weekend, so who knows?

Tweet (gasp) Tweet

"I've been so busy making plans, trying to get everything ready for a special weekend. And do you know how hard it is to fly with a pack on my back?" the birdie said.

The little birdie exclaimed, "Well, of course! Have you been living in a valley? Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."

"Ok, little birdie, thank you for the heads-up. We appreciate it. Where are you going next, birdie?" we said.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I know I'll never get the chance to go to this weekend thing but I can't wait to see where they're playing and who will be on the bill of course.
How loud can silence get?

Kenny76

It's an 18 hour drive from where I live (Boston area).  With 4 people in a car, that's 4.5 hours of driving for each person. We would leave at noon and arrive (providing for pit stops) at 7 or 8am.  I'm cool with that.

lucylew

I am getting very excited!  I sure hope there is a canadian tour as I have very fond memories of  the 2005 tour.   ;D

e_wind

I won't sleep until i see the official details.

halesdd

Quote from: Seeker on May 14, 2011, 02:02 PM

Tweet (gasp) Tweet

Wow....glad I went ahead and resigned up for my membership with the 10 club!!  Hope MMJ will be there.  Going to be a very fun festival!
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

e_wind

Serving as the band's only U.S. shows of 2011, Pearl Jam's Labor Day anniversary weekend concert at Alpine Valley (September 3rd and 4th) will include performances by fellow artists and friends including The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Mudhoney, John Doe, Joseph Arthur, Glen Hansard, Liam Finn and special guests to be announced.

Tickets go on sale starting Monday, May 23rd for the Ten Club and Saturday, June 4th for the general public.

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on May 16, 2011, 12:20 PM
Serving as the band's only U.S. shows of 2011, Pearl Jam's Labor Day anniversary weekend concert at Alpine Valley (September 3rd and 4th) will include performances by fellow artists and friends including The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Mudhoney, John Doe, Joseph Arthur, Glen Hansard, Liam Finn and special guests to be announced.

Tickets go on sale starting Monday, May 23rd for the Ten Club and Saturday, June 4th for the general public.

I'll be there.  Hope "special guests" refers to MMJ.  More then likely not but either way, if I can get tickets, I'll be there.

e_wind

Anyone who can actually get on pj20.com (its not working for me) and can see any official details. like price, how many pj sets there will be, etc etc, please post em here.

buaawwww

Current lineup for the festival shows:

-Pearl Jam
-The Strokes
-Queens of the Stone Age
-Mudhoney
-John Doe
-Joseph Arthur
-Glen Hansard
-Liam Finn

I would IMAGINE more will be added to this bill. 

Tickets

Ten Club Pre-sale tickets available as two options

Reserved/GA Weekend Package- A Pair of Reserved Seats for one night and a Pair of GA tickets for the other night. $334/weekend

General Admission Weekend Package- A Pair of GA lawn seats for both nights. $252/weekend

Ticket Pre-sale May 23rd

General Public Ticket On-sale June 4

lucylew

I'm hoping they add MMJ and Alice in Chains.  We're going to hit the Montreal and Toronto shows too. Yay!

ALady

Quote from: Kenny76 on May 15, 2011, 01:14 PM
It's an 18 hour drive from where I live (Boston area).  With 4 people in a car, that's 4.5 hours of driving for each person. We would leave at noon and arrive (providing for pit stops) at 7 or 8am.  I'm cool with that.

Yay Kenny!

See y'all there.  I'm pretty excited.   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

I honestly think its overpriced for the short line up, but i'll see you guys there regardless.

halesdd

Quote from: e_wind on May 16, 2011, 10:09 PM
I honestly think its overpriced for the short line up, but i'll see you guys there regardless.

I am not so sure it is that overpriced really.  I mean, the total ticket price is $334 per pair which is $167 a ticket for two days of Pearl Jam.  When I saw them last year in Indy, it was about $70 a ticket.  So for two days at that price is $140 and you throw in other bands such as The Strokes and Queens of the Stone Age and its it really not that bad.  Don't get me wrong, I would like it if it were cheaper and/or had MMJ and/or Band of Horses added to that set of bands but at this point, it's reasonably priced at best.  The biggest challenge I am going to have is 1) getting tickets and 2) figuring out where I am going to stay.  Either way, I can't wait cause its going to be an awesome time.

CTdeadhead

halesdd

Quote from: CTdeadhead on May 17, 2011, 01:27 AM
Damn, too far!

I feel you there.  It's going to be 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 hour drive for us.  Think we are going to split the drive up into two days of travel.  Be worth it though.