Main Menu

new site

Started by lp, Jan 10, 2011, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lp

maybe this belongs in other stuff or something but since it involves band photox, here you go...

http://afraidofthepark.com/

thank ye.

AMightyCaporal

hey cool!  Thanks for sharing- I like the, "they are in the studio making things called songs" comment  :D
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

el_chode

I like the site, but I can't help but notice that the tomcat ani-gif is not featured front and center on every page

When you say you're blogging SXSW, you mean you'll post'em there or for something official on SXSW?
I'm surrounded by assholes

lp

per the link in my post... i blog for sxsw, as well.  http://sxsw.com/taxonomy/term/26

as for the tomcat gif...  dfgl;kjfgdl;kfjklj

BH

Nice, looks great lp.   Love the picture at the bottom of the typewriter. 

However, I came in here today, because we NEED to have a discussion about this:

(I've never seen a picture with more sweetness, expression or outright hilarity per square inch than this one.  Where to begin?  I wish I could photo shop a "thoughts" bubble over grandma's head for sure.)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

lp

tom found that in a book of awkward family photographs and he and bo had a laugh because it could so be me.  but i never had a magnadoodle.

BH

Quote from: lp on Jan 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
tom found that in a book of awkward family photographs and he and bo had a laugh because it could so be me.  but i never had a magnadoodle.

Oh NO!  I'm so disappointed.  I was counting on getting a good story to go along with that photo.    Can you just make one up?   The look on "your" grandma's face is just priceless.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

el_chode

You should sue your parents for neglect for never giving you a magnadoodle.

I mean even Nick Arcade had them for borderline gambling purposes. I'm considering suing my parents for neglect for never letting me go on Nick Arcade, btw.

lp

Quote from: BH on Jan 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
The look on "your" grandma's face is just priceless.

that's not my grandma. that's my grandfather harold. he is now 120 years old.

lp

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 11, 2011, 03:51 PM

I mean even Nick Arcade had them for borderline gambling purposes. I'm considering suing my parents for neglect for never letting me go on Nick Arcade, btw.

what is nick arcade? i could google that, i suppose.

i had an etch a sketch.  you know what really bummed me out? that i never had a lite brite.

Crispy

Quote from: lp on Jan 11, 2011, 05:50 PM

i had an etch a sketch.  you know what really bummed me out? that i never had a lite brite.

I had a lite brite, and I think I would have a lot more fun with it now than I did when I was a kid. Ebay!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Quote from: lp on Jan 11, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote from: BH on Jan 11, 2011, 03:46 PM
The look on "your" grandma's face is just priceless.

that's not my grandma. that's my grandfather harold. he is now 120 years old.

;D ;D...LOL....magnadoodle, too!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

Quote from: lp on Jan 11, 2011, 05:50 PM

I never had a lite brite either. My friend did. I was jealous. Etch-a-sketch annoyed me with all its rules about which direction I could draw in.

Nick Arcade's premise was simple. You and a team mate went on TV and using a magnadoodle you bet points on whether or not your friend could score x amount in a video game. Your friend played that video game and whoever had the most points at the end of the show got to actually go inside a video game.

You can imagine the excitement.

ALady

lp, your new blog is blocked by my work's firewall thingy, which doesn't block anything.  What kind of questionable content have you got on there?   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

lp

Quote from: ALady on Jan 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
lp, your new blog is blocked by my work's firewall thingy, which doesn't block anything.  What kind of questionable content have you got on there?   ;)

must be that kitteh hanging out with the llama video i just posted.

lp

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 11, 2011, 11:57 PMNick Arcade's premise was simple. You and a team mate went on TV and using a magnadoodle you bet points on whether or not your friend could score x amount in a video game. Your friend played that video game and whoever had the most points at the end of the show got to actually go inside a video game.

You can imagine the excitement.

i really can't. ;)

ALady

Quote from: lp on Jan 12, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jan 12, 2011, 01:04 PM

must be that kitteh hanging out with the llama video i just posted.

Well, now you're just taunting me. 
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires