Bon Iver / Justin Vernon

Started by woodnymph, Jan 12, 2011, 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Every time I hear that I always think of "Milliwau kay, Iroquois for "the good land"".
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Jun 29, 2011, 02:53 PM
Every time I hear that I always think of "Milliwau kay, Iroquois for "the good land"".

;D ;D ;D

That's the way I always pronounce Milwaukee!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Clarkwork

Whats everyone think of the album?  I lke it, not as good as For Emma, but can't really compare anything to that.

I love Beth/Rest, reminds me of Bruce Hornsby or some other great 80's synth song.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

e_wind

Yeah Jimmy Fallon pronounced it Bone-ee-ver and it was the first time I've heard it like that. Theres also Versailles, KY thats pronounces Ver-Sails around here, so how was I supposed to know?  :)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

darkglow

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jun 29, 2011, 03:39 PM
Whats everyone think of the album?  I lke it, not as good as For Emma, but can't really compare anything to that.

I love Beth/Rest, reminds me of Bruce Hornsby or some other great 80's synth song.

i think it's a brilliant next step.. this might be their "evil urges"

kotchishm

Wow. Mind. Fucking. Blown.  Videos to follow, one of the better shows I've ever been to.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

BH

Quote from: kotchishm on Jul 31, 2011, 01:15 PM
Wow. Mind. Fucking. Blow.  Videos to follow, one of the better shows I've ever been to.

Glad to hear.  The new album is just greater and greater every time I listen.  I had no doubt this tour was going to be special.  Did he play with Kathleen at all or vice versa?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kotchishm

Quote from: BH on Jul 31, 2011, 02:11 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Jul 31, 2011, 01:15 PM
Wow. Mind. Fucking. Blow.  Videos to follow, one of the better shows I've ever been to.

Glad to hear.  The new album is just greater and greater every time I listen.  I had no doubt this tour was going to be special.  Did he play with Kathleen at all or vice versa?

She wasn't there. The Rosebuds opened.  A girl did sing on one song but Justin didn't introduce her so I don't think it was Kathleen
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

kotchishm

Some videos I shot from my phone

Hinnom, TX -> Wash. (favorite part of the night)

Bon Iver - Hinnom, TX/Wash. - Richmond, VA

Minnesota, WI
Bon Iver - Minnesota, WI - Richmond, VA

Skinny Love (guy tells a girl to shutup beside me....classy)
Bon Iver - Skinny Love - Richmond, VA

Bjork cover to follow, YouTube wouldn't upload it the first time.

kotchishm

Randall

I'm excited to see him this weekend!!!

Murph

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/02/138890247/live-tuesday-bon-iver-in-concert

Something to do on a Tues night, especially considering how good these shows have been according to everyone

BH

Hope they archive this.   I'll be a little busy tonight.  ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

kotchishm

Awesome!  It should be archived, NPR is usually good about that.  You can still find the Jim James 2008 show on there I listen all the time.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Jon T.

Mmmmmm.  Just want this day needed.    :dankk2:

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

BH

wow.   that is all that is right with the world rolled up into one gorgeous piece.

Clarkwork

Videos like that make me miss MTV and having a full time music video channel. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

BH

Anybody else get the new Justin Vernon produced Kathleen Edwards album.   It's great.   He plays and/or does backup vocals on almost every track.   Vernon's influence on top of the dark, female, Neil Youngish sound of Edwards is a perfect combo.